PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft really needs to give out Assassinate mode for free

Drybones20008
05-23-2011, 12:32 AM
It's gotten incredibly hard to find Assassinate games going nowadays. Even more so post PSN being down. Personally i love Assassinate and it's pretty much all i play and i see a lot of familiar faces but when all those familiar faces aren't playing there just isn't any 'new' people out there playing RANKED Assassinate.

I play most after 11pm, couple weeks ago i wouldn't have problems finding people to play with but recently it's really hard!

First of all i think the overall ACTIVE user base is going down really rapidly and on top of that you have different factors that divides us all in to groups.

To be able to play with people there needs to be a few key things :

1. Some people obviously need to be playing at the same time as you, lots of people play at lots of different times.

2. They need to choose between Ranked or Player matches, so again it's dividing us

3. They need to be on the same DLC, again that splits us THREE way! And the hardest DLC to get people in is the one that people need to PAY for so of course we don't have the same high numbers as DLC 1 or 2.

4. They need to choose the same MODE as you

That's alot of factors that totally divides the user base.

So if they give the Assassinate mode for free or DLC 3 there might be more people in the pool to play with. I know i could play Wanted or Manhunt or whatever, and i do, i love Manhunt but my favorite FFA mode is Assassinate and not enough people play it or hell even have access to it.

Does any of this makes sense? LOL it's late! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Assassinsyk
05-23-2011, 02:12 AM
It very much makes sense, and I very much agreee.

Although Iīm sure UBI is afraid that we will rage if they give people what we had to pay for, I for one just want this mode saved. Havenīt gotten a single Assassinate game since the outage (on countless HOURS of trying), and I have now about given up. I often have to DLC browse to get a Wanted match, but with Assassinate there is but one choice. The word is spreading, fewer are trying, fewer succeeding and unless thereīs a MM patch or free DLC, itīs already dead.

RIP Assassinate. I loved you more than I will ever love again.

Edit: They kind of owe it to us, the ones who bought it, to rescue it from itīs coma, thus giving it away. Or at the very least sell the mode alone without chars and maps, to a very low price, and hopefully it will increase the community enough to make it playable.

persiateddy95
05-23-2011, 04:41 AM
As for Revelations, they said they are bringing back these modes, so hopefully they include Assassinate and don't release any DLC for a long time.

And I'm sure Assassinate will be more active now since people need scores.

BeCk41
05-23-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm definately noticing a lot less people playing ranked Assassinate, or ranked modes in general. Yesterday we had to change our lobbies that we set up on Ranked to Player, just because we couldn't find ANY players. Then when we couldn't get into any games at all we all decided to go to the main menu and turn all of the DLC's completely OFF, and sure enough we got a game. But the games we got put into had low level people. I mean really LOW LEVEL, were talkin level 2, 4, and the highest; 6. Now that's just sad. Of course an entire team of level 50's are going to beat these guys! But amazingly enough some of them DID NOT QUIT! And these players I Prefered. But it was fun to use morph and decoy, and see them falling for it, experience players almost never fall for this anymore. But to get back on your topic there Drybones- I think if they made it free now, more people would download and play it, without paying for the DLC. But they shouldn't get the characters for free. Just the modes. I don't want a bounch of low leverlers stealing my Elite Dama!

*Go all you low levelers!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

utriej
05-23-2011, 10:04 AM
I agree that it's tougher these days to get an Assassinate match. I found in the past that most times I have to wait 5-10min for the lobby to fill to 6, then start, and have 8 by the end. Once in an active lobby, I'm usually good for 1-2 hours.
Last night I couldn't keep a lobby at all though. Would hit rematch, then have another 10min wait from 3/6.

I wouldn't mind at all them giving away this mode for free just so I can play my favorite mode again, but not going to hold my breath for ubisoft to do that.

I think that for a first time MP for this type of game, they did a great job, but they really screwed up by splitting the player base almost exponentially.
The more people have to wait for matches, the less they want to/do play. So you bleed players, problem gets worse and snowballs. If they could get ALL of the playerbase in one pool it would help even while losing players. I wonder if it's even possible; I'd guess that you'd have to find a way to merge into one "mode" (dlc 1, 2, 3.0).

Wish more people played assassinate!!

xCr0wnedNorris
05-23-2011, 10:15 AM
As it stands right now, there is only one time where I can get any games of Assassinate. About 10:30 on Sunday evening, which is about the same time templar scores update.

m4tt3198
05-23-2011, 10:30 AM
As Norris points out, you can usually find a lobby on Sunday nights as everyone is trying to keep their TG high, but I couldn't find an Assassinate lobby at all last night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I ended up playing Wanted, which I don't mind, but it would've been nice to have played a bit of Assass.

It wouldn't bug me if they gave it away now.

Drybones20008
05-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah i know it would be very unlikely Ubisoft gives Brotherhood MP anything since I'm pretty sure all their attention is on Revelations.

I tried again today to play some ranked Assassinate and no luck! I even tried when i thought it would be 'prime time' which was 7pm EST. Couldn't find enough people to play a game, so i had to go play Player matches, it's still fun because i like the mode no matter what but it's nice that if i play a good time that it actually counts for the Templar Grade.

I also tried at my usual time around 11pm EST to 1am and again nothing! Even utriej gave up and we went to go play Manhunt!

I find it hard to believe that there's not 6 people trying for a ranked Assassinate game. 6 people is almost nothing! It's weird.

Before the PSN outage there weren't TONS of people playing ranked Assassinate but i never really hard that much of a problem as this week. I guess people moved on to other things during the outage.

FormOppo
05-24-2011, 06:45 AM
No. Pay for it like everyone else. The gameplay DLC is worth it.

Crumplecorn
05-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by FormOppo:
No. Pay for it like everyone else. The gameplay DLC is worth it. Way to miss the point.

@OP, not only should everyone freely get DLC3 (the online components at least), but people should be forced to have it to play online (And 1 and 2 should be disabled). Then people would at least be on the same version of the software, if not the same mode/type/timezone. Basically, it should be the way it already is for PC.

rocketxsurgeon
05-24-2011, 07:00 AM
I don't really play assassinate much, because normally the games i find are just too laggy.

But if you look at it this way, long term Ubi have released a disk version with the original game and the DLC. This is in attempt to push new people to buying the disk containing the DLC. However the original is still quite a bit lower in price.

WIDOMKR383
05-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I agree with crumplecorn disable 1.0 and 2.0 and just install 3.0 on their servers ( don't know if That's possible or not but it would then force everyone to be on the same dlc)

ANTRON77
05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
SIGNED....all pros no cons. More the merrier. Disable 1.0 and 2.0, have all play on 3.0!

persiateddy95
05-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Definitely.

protesticle
05-24-2011, 09:41 AM
agree please fix

m4tt3198
05-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I got into a lobby with Antron77 and h3ll_on_earth last night and it was so laggy it was virtually unplayable. People were teleporting everywhere, I would lock onto NPC's more often than the person I intended to, etc. I hung around for two matches and found that the only way I could kill anyone was to smoke them first. I think I scored a grand total of about 5K over those two matches, no bueno. It's sad because while I never really got that good at the mode, it was fun for a while.

NORTHBOERN1
05-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I had to hang up the multiplayer due to the wait times. Drybones and Utriej know how much I liked playing the game, but after the sit times it wasn't worth it anymore.

I can't wait to try out AC:Revelations multiplayer. I bet they'll build off this one and make a phenominal multiplayer.

ANTRON77
05-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by m4tt3198:
I got into a lobby with Antron77 and h3ll_on_earth last night and it was so laggy it was virtually unplayable.

Yeah it seems so much more enjoyable when playing against good competition and people from the forum. Just like you said the lag was getting unbearable but its just so hard to get a game so i kept up and did exactly that, offensive smoking.

papartusedmcrsk
05-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I definately agree. Although we all know they are not going to do anything about Brotherhood with Revelations being made.

Hopefully the MP in AC:R won't be split up so many ways. Maybe they will just drop Wanted and Alliance and have the Advanced versions be normal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif Just so there are less modes to seperate us.

GreatWight
05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree it should be free. The player base is too fragmented. Like many of us said it would be when the DLC was first announced.

At the very least they should discount it to 400 pts for a week. Everyone who would have bought this for 800 pts already has in my opinion.

MatDolton
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
After all this time convincing my wife to let me get the DLC (yeah I know I'm henpecked) and now having to wait to download it thanks to the PSNetwork shop being down, if I finally get it and find that no one is playing Assassinate anymore after I have heard so many good things about it.... wow will I rage big time.

Drybones20008
05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Yeah it's pretty much R.I.P Ranked Assassinate. I tried all day for some games and only got games couple minutes ago. Weird thing though is that i tried for 10 mins to play Ranked Assassinate and then i give up and decided to go Player Assassinate and i find some people and it's actually a RANKED game! I don't know how it happened because I'm pretty damn sure i clicked on PLAYER MATCH but hey at least I'm playing.

But the user base just isn't there anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif