PDA

View Full Version : using the x52 throttle without the stick



alphalvr
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
i have the x52 throttle n stick but id like to use my cyborg evo ff stick, can the throttle be used without attaching (plugging in) the stick?? anyone know

ps i only have the saitech drivers, not the sst programming software installed, to me that software is for rocket scientists http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

whats pros n cons?

oh i have simtech rudders too

ta chaps

Trinity_Jay
05-07-2009, 08:22 AM
I have the same kind of set up with no issues. I have the X45 throttle, CH rudder pedals and my beloved MSFS2. I am also expecting the new Eclipse CH yoke this week to use on FSX.

It was a hastle free install for all equipment on my new PC - far easier than expected. The great thing for IL-2 on the X45 throttle is that I have all my trims with a flick of a finger, rads, pitch, fuel mixture, undercarriage, emergency power, engine ignition and comms talk all at hand.

R_Target
05-07-2009, 01:57 PM
X52 throttle with MSFFB2 stick here. No probs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KRISTORF
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Same as Roncco, no probs

jbrunner
05-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I also use the X52 throttle without the stick. I bought a CH Fighterstick, which is a much better stick.

Neat trick: Since the x52 stick is plugged into the throttle (meaning it only takes up 1 USB slot) I actually still keep the stick nearby as a button bay.

Bearcat99
05-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Trinity_Jay:
I have the same kind of set up with no issues. I have the X45 throttle, CH rudder pedals and my beloved MSFS2. I am also expecting the new Eclipse CH yoke this week to use on FSX.

It was a hastle free install for all equipment on my new PC - far easier than expected. The great thing for IL-2 on the X45 throttle is that I have all my trims with a flick of a finger, rads, pitch, fuel mixture, undercarriage, emergency power, engine ignition and comms talk all at hand.

That is my setup... only I prefer the Saitek pedals.. I have both.


Originally posted by jbrunner:
I also use the X52 throttle without the stick. I bought a CH Fighterstick, which is a much better stick.

Neat trick: Since the x52 stick is plugged into the throttle (meaning it only takes up 1 USB slot) I actually still keep the stick nearby as a button bay.

That is exactly what I did. IMO the best of both worlds.. HOTAS & FFB. The pedals & ther TIR just make it even sweeter.

vassilisukharev
05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I use MSFFB2 + saitek pedals + x52 throttle.

I also use Saitek software to program the slider to zoom in/out, and the ministick to control gunsight/padlocking.

thefruitbat
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by R_Target:
X52 throttle with MSFFB2 stick here. No probs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

+1, and saitek pedals http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

fruitbat

P.FunkAdelic
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
The wonderful thing about the X-52 is that the best piece of equipment included in it is the one which has the main USB connector attached to it. The Throttle is wonderful. I use it for flying Helicopters in the BF2 mod Project Reality since I still like to use the mouse (long story, short version is joystick plus helo in BF2 is borked).

I have planned long term to purchase a CH Fighterstick and will continue to use the throttle from my X-52.

It works! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Bearcat99
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I am going to buy an X-52 so I can do this to it:
http://file.walagata.com/w/bearcat/X-45mod.jpg

That X-45 had a board that went south on me.. I got another one from a squaddie.. it had bad pots so I took my pots and stuck them in there...

Trinity_Jay
05-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Here's my pit - conventional, but does the job perfectly.

Jay

CPS_Bulldoghttp://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/Jayslater/CIMG0560.jpg

Beirut
05-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Trinity_Jay,

Nice setup. Love the USB Beer 2.0.

An old pic of my rig. I have a Samsung 24" WS now and a new desk. But I still swear by the Saitek Evo as a throttle. Center rest is 50% throttle, pull back for less, push forward for more. Enough buttons to handle things, very comfortable, and fun to use. AND... it's only $45. HOTAS for cheapskates and dads with kids to feed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/horsesass/LOGS3001.jpg

Trinity_Jay
05-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Beirut. And nice set up, too. When I fly with the CPS boys on a Friday night, a good six USB Beer 2.0s are needed for much fun.

Also have a lovely HD monitor. FSX looks gorgeous.

Kronenberg 1664: good beer.

Jay
CPS_Bulldog

Jabout
05-08-2009, 04:37 AM
When using the FFB2 in a Hotas configuration, is there any way to physically stop the joystick grip twisting?

Trinity_Jay
05-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Once the X45 is configured in the Il-2 profile, the twist stick does nothing. All works good and no complaints. Same for FSX.

Jabout
05-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the response.

Yes, functionally it does nothing, it's just a bit off putting having it turn in your hand.

alphalvr
05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks, i have managed to get it all working as i wanted.

i mainly wanted the stick unplugged due to space restrictions....or in other words the mess that is my desk, ta for all the input