PDA

View Full Version : SCC Splitscreen on PC

Omnigoose
05-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Heya folks, I'm sorry if I missed any info on this already. I did take a look throughout the forums but am at work so I can't sit for too long without having something pull me away.

I just recently got SCC and decided to take it for a run. It runs wonderfully on an e7400 @ 3.8ghz with 4gb ddr2 ram and a 260 gtx and maxed settings (aa only 4x with an embarassing resolution :P). Though, that isn't at all my point.

I am wondering how I can set up splitscreen? I looked at coop and mp and I only found lan and find match. I know splitscreen was confirmed not too long ago so I know it's possible, though, I saw no option.

I'm dying to play this with my lady when I get home and shes pretty excited for a couple of all nighters aswell, so hopefully you guys can shed some light on this for me. I'm hoping to have this resolved tonight.

Thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, I do have my logitech rumblepad 2 setup and it worked without having to configure it. So I have a keyboard/mouse and a controller.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Compassghost
05-14-2010, 07:15 PM
i was under the impression it was only available for 360.

Jason-Alaska
05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Split screen is for Xbox only. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Omnigoose
05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I find that very strange. I mean I was under the assumption that it was also only on 360, but a quick google search showed many hits claiming that it was confirmed for PC as well. I see nothing on the case, in the manual or in game so I'm starting to think a few sites got their wires crossed.

Thanks for the quick replies guys and if someone does know a way to splitscreen on the PC then please enlighten me. I don't mind at all if it involves using the console in game to do, just like Left for dead (which I play splitscreen all the time). I know that since it's in the code (ported from console right?) there should be a way to do it, even if it isn't listed on the menu.. Again just like LFD/2

Compassghost
05-14-2010, 07:29 PM
There was a person who claimed it was possible by running the game twice. However, that is flawed because you can only run one instance of the game at a time from your computer with the Ubisoft launcher, and even if you could run two copies on one computer, it would be somewhat difficult to connect to yourself via the in-game matchmaker with the current set-up because there's no way to friend/invite yourself =_=

Omnigoose
05-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Haha, I just tried it just to see and nadda. I had a window promt saying an instance of the game was already running.

Well here's to hoping Ubi adds support for those of us wanting splitscreen on the PC version or maybe someone will start digging through the code and find a way to do it.

I know the latter is far more probable.

Thanks again for the responses guys I know repeat threads can be slightly irritating.

Compassghost
05-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Nah, the thread you speak of is probably from GameFAQs, where I also haunt the forums =_=