PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea, even though it might be impossible.

LordWolv
12-19-2010, 11:29 PM
What if Desmond unlocks the memories of Subject 16, and enters the animus to revive his memories? Of course, that is only possible if they're related (In the same way as Desmond and Ezio are) and I think it would be very interesting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

MrJLBoyyy
12-20-2010, 03:10 AM
But wouldn't Subject 16 be Desmond's father? Star Wars-sy...

LordWolv
12-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Still be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

marbatico
12-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:
it doesnt have to be, it could be any reletive.
an uncle, a brother, a nephew etc.

jimbo11235813
12-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by marbatico:
an uncle, a brother, a nephew etc. Actually none of those would be in Desmond's DNA, as the uncle can't pass on his memory DNA to Desmond; the brother would have the same 'father memory DNA' but Desmond wouldn't have his brother's memory DNA; and a nephew would be Desmond's brother's/sister's son.
The only way Desmond could access the Uncle's, Brother's and Nephew's memory DNA is if they were also his father somehow. The memories Desmond can access has to be from the father/mother, or the father/mother of the father/mother, and so on. He can't access the memory of the Father's brother or his Father's brother's (uncle's) son.

caswallawn_2k7
12-20-2010, 04:53 AM
this is why in AC2 subject 16 hid the glyphs around the world so another person could access them and see them.

so short of subject 16 having saved his entire past life without Desmond being a direct descendant he can't access subject 16's memories, even if he was a direct descendant he would still only have the memories up to the time he was conceived, so even if he was a direct descendant he would only have subject 16's memories up to about 20 years ago. (I can't remember but think Desmond is around 20)

Inorganic9_2
12-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Well, they're both descendants of Ezio, so Desmond and 16 can access Ezio and before...perhaps even after. We know that Ezio's an ancestor of both, but we don't know if he's the last common ancestor.

rileypoole1234
12-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe he is now, and Ezio isn't really Desmond's memory. Maybe its Subject 16s. (and theres another example of ramblings by me)

assassin087
12-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Going in the animus to relive the life of a guy who goes in the animus.

Arathar
12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
"It's a dream within a dream...."

ZCherub
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
HEY GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

What if I crapped a golden turkey that shot lazers out of it's ***** to fly me to the moon an pillage moon people for their radioactive aphrodisiac moon-juice?! Let me know what you guys think lolz, ZOMG111!!111!1!!

De4th18
12-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by ZCherub:

What if I crapped a golden turkey that shot lazers out of it's ***** to fly me to the moon an pillage moon people for their radioactive aphrodisiac moon-juice?! Let me know what you guys think lolz, ZOMG111!!111!1!!

^This

LordWolv
12-21-2010, 11:13 AM

Grow up.

ZCherub
12-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZCherub:

Grow up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm - pass. Besides, you're the one seriously theorizing (& failing, BTW) about, what is essentially, a toy.

LordWolv
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
The only reason I said 'Maybe impossible' is because we don't actually know who Subject 16 is, so it's totally plausable that if he was the right relation it would be possible.

I didn't want to offend anyone, by the way. I was just mentioning that post was quite immature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ZCherub
12-21-2010, 12:19 PM
It was immature - but funny. Didn't mean to offend you either - only a joke. After all, a lot of us on here are grown men (or women) seriously discussing a video game!

LordWolv
12-21-2010, 12:25 PM
It's true - because as you point out it's basically a toy. Some people never grow up when it comes to video games.

ZCherub
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
It's true - because as you point out it's basically a toy. Some people never grow up when it comes to video games. That's what they're for!

xcamthemandudex
12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by marbatico:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:
an uncle, a brother, a nephew etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's strictly parental DNA. you can only relive memories of grandfathers/grandmothers/father/mothers of you.

LordWolv
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM
That's true. But does Desmond know his parents? Subject could be in his 60s. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

sandmanssorrow
12-21-2010, 01:25 PM

Ha ha haha ah, okay that's just funny (spose I should've LOL'd but its not the same).

Viva humor.

Anyway, whoever said Desmond can't access other relatives than his parents DNA strands like it was gospel, please tell me how the story ends because you apparently are the creative controller of it all, at least your confidence in what you say makes it seem so.

Why's it have to be Desmond anyway, he's a bit of a nonce, let's play 16's lineage with some other lead character or maybe Eve's descendant.

glenneey
12-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Well i would think that you are probably interested in beastiality.
edit: spelled it wrong x)

ZCherub
12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by glenneey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZCherub:

Well i would think that you are probably interested in beastiality.
edit: spelled it wrong x) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) That's not how beastiality works.

2) I am. Give me the dog in your sig or I shall take it by force.

xcamthemandudex
12-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:

Ha ha haha ah, okay that's just funny (spose I should've LOL'd but its not the same).

Viva humor.

Anyway, whoever said Desmond can't access other relatives than his parents DNA strands like it was gospel, please tell me how the story ends because you apparently are the creative controller of it all, at least your confidence in what you say makes it seem so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how it has been since the game. "You can access your ancestors' memories using your DNA," yes, an uncle is a member of the family; however, their DNA isn't passed down onto you, so you couldn't possibly relive them via a DNA reading machine. That's why even though subject 16 and Desmond are related, neither could relieve their memories.

DNA passed down to you= mother and father.

caswallawn_2k7
12-23-2010, 03:10 AM
unless you are inbred and your uncle is also your father.

obliviondoll
12-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
unless you are inbred and your uncle is also your father.
This.

Would also mean your mother is your aunt.

But brothers and sisters of your parents, who aren't also your parents, don't pass their DNA to you. So unless 16 is Desmond's father, they can't relive those memories. And unless they're brothers, neither will be able to relive the memories of the other's parents. Maybe ONE parent if an affair is involved...