PDA

View Full Version : Damage Model doubt ¿?

CyberWings
01-13-2006, 01:53 PM
I´m just surprise that when your ailerons, rudder or elevators are damaged by enemy fire they allways get stuck in a neutral position. Is this realistic?
For example, randomly the rudder can get stuck in the position full left or right... This would be more interesting with very little time to bail out.

danjama
01-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by CyberWings:
I´m just surprise that when your ailerons, rudder or elevators are damaged by enemy fire they allways get stuck in a neutral position. Is this realistic?

It just simulates the complete loss of movement....Thats how Oleg decided to represent this type of damage.

Friendly_flyer
01-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Most of the time the rudder cables are cut, in which case the neutral position quite realistic.

Ramjager
01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
If cables are cut, loss of tensions... flight surface become loose, and neutral.

danjama
01-13-2006, 02:05 PM
The only way it wud get stuck in a right/left position, or up/down for elevators, is if it somehow got jammed. But that definately isnt modelled.

CyberWings
01-13-2006, 02:18 PM
OK, so for most of the cases the neutral position when the flight surfaces are damaged is realistic. Allthought I believe that when the cables are cut the flight surfaces should become unstable making the airplane shake violently. I´m not expert, but I think this should be consider and discussed for the Battle of Britain engine.
Today in this sim landing a plane with no rudder or airleron control is to easy, and I know that some people even managed to land planes with the elevator damaged.

neural_dream
01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
No elevator isn't that bad if you still have throttle. Flaps do the trick (even jammed).

No aileron AND no Rudder is almost impossible.

All the rest are doable.

Brain32
01-13-2006, 06:49 PM
No elevator isn't that bad if you still have throttle. Flaps do the trick (even jammed).
Try that in a 109, elevator dead, small rudder response(I met 3 La7 up there). Going 450 I released flaps at takeoff position, angle was about 25-30 degrees. I just accelerated to 560Km/h(flaps jammed ofcourse) and wham! ...at the same angle!!!