PDA

View Full Version : Graphics are so beautiful - so naturally, a question...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
The game's graphics are so lovely, it would be great if we can enjoy them to the utmost. So I have this question: how much coastline in the game is fully detailed? I've seen a screenshot of a U-boot sitting offshore next to the Statue of Liberty. When I go into port can I expect that same level of detail? When I'm offshore next to no big town or interesting landmark, what will I see? Also, will I have time during a patrol to just sail along - to enjoy a sunset, or perhaps a storm - in real time like I did in some of the older sims?

jeroen-79
11-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Patrols lasted several weeks or months.
Lots of sunsets in that period.
And most of the time was spent "just sailing along", they had an ocean to cross.

BdU would frown upon touristtrips to New York.
Don't let them find your photographs!

TASKFORCE1x1
11-08-2004, 02:51 PM
I would tour closer waters near Scapa. At least if we survive we could reload and keep the heat on the ports.

RedTerex
11-09-2004, 12:31 AM
It may not be too unreasonable to expect that ALL the coastline has been modelled, this done primerily becuase of the dynamic campaign whereas you can literally sail anywhere.

The inclusion of a DC was a bigger issue than was first apparent to me when I realised that ALL the ocean would have to be modelled as well.

Practically half the planet will be miniturised for SHIII and that is a tremendous effort by the master programmers par excellence---the DevTeam.

keep up the great work there guys, the SubSim community is most sincerely grateful, despite the odd gripe here and there but, you will always get that LOL.