PDA

View Full Version : Why It's Called AC3

tjbyrum1
03-30-2011, 05:05 AM
I know there was another post here about this, but I don't care. It seems to me that some people don't understand how Ubisoft numbers the AC games.

AC I was named so because it was the FIRST in the series, and because it had the first ancestor and setting.

AC II was named so because it was the second game, and included a new ancestor and new setting.

AC Brotherhood - not AC III, this game is the third installment, but NOT AC III. See what I'm saying? It does not have a number because it has the same ancestor and setting as AC II.

Now, AC III will have a new ancestor AND a new setting, and it will be the fourth installment in the series. So it is AC III, NOT AC IV. There is currently no such thing as an AC IV being planned.

Besides, at the start 'Assassin's Creed Brotherhood' wasn't suppose to even be in the series. It was meant to go AC I, II, and end with III.

There is absolutely no such thing as an AC IV at the current moment that's been talked about.

Xanatos2007
03-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Oh for Hermes' sake, how many of these threads are there?

caswallawn_2k7
03-30-2011, 05:55 AM
AC Brotherhood - not AC III, this game is the third installment

since brotherhood is a spin off, if you count all the spin off's it's actually about AC7.

also Xana there will be of these posts a day until they actually release AC3.

DavisP92
03-30-2011, 07:35 AM
I see what ur getting at :P, but think of it like this :P. AC is the fisrt game with our first ancestor, AC2 is the second game with our second ancestor, and Brotherhood is the same ancestor so it's more like AC2.5 (even if ppl say its not 2.5, it kinda is. story wise) And AC3 will be the third game with a NEW ancestor and location. So the AC games are numbered by location and ancestors. Hope that helped

Krayus Korianis
03-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
I see what ur getting at :P, but think of it like this :P. AC is the fisrt game with our first ancestor, AC2 is the second game with our second ancestor, and Brotherhood is the same ancestor so it's more like AC2.5 (even if ppl say its not 2.5, it kinda is. story wise) And AC3 will be the third game with a NEW ancestor and location. So the AC games are numbered by location and ancestors. Hope that helped

If it's by location, then it is... Bad logic is bad, but I agree that AC:B is NOT AC III.

Colossus_1191
03-30-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't see whats so confusing about it. It happens all the time. Look at Grand Theft Auto. Vice City and San Andreas came out between III and IV.

DavisP92
03-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

If it's by location, then it is... Bad logic is bad, but I agree that AC:B is NOT AC III. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what??? bad logic??? it's more about the ancestor then the location. but they also stated that the numbered AC game,"to them" are about a new ancestor in a new era.

So not really bad logic at all.

dchil279
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AC Brotherhood - not AC III, this game is the third installment

since brotherhood is a spin off, if you count all the spin off's it's actually about AC7.

also Xana there will be of these posts a day until they actually release AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't give 2 sh**s what you call it, but Brotherhood is NOT a spin-off

caswallawn_2k7
03-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AC Brotherhood - not AC III, this game is the third installment

also Xana there will be of these posts a day until they actually release AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't give 2 sh**s what you call it, but Brotherhood is NOT a spin-off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in that case neither was bloodlines, so AC2 was AC3 and brotherhood is AC4.

Xanatos2007
03-30-2011, 11:26 AM
It's an expansion pack with too much effort put into it. Let's leave it at that.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2011, 02:10 PM
This was niggling at me 2day but now i understand that it IS numberd by ancestors and settings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tjbyrum1
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
NO! Assassin's Creed Brotherhood isn't a spin-off.

I was thinking they just needed to squeeze another AC in there, but did NOT name it AC III. It was planned from the start to be a trilogy.

Bloodlines and all that other stuff are spin-offs.

Brotherhood is NOT a spino-off because it adds to the modern story.

An AC game is a MAIN SERIES GAME (AC I, II, BH, III) if it contains an Assassin in old days, and Desmond.

If it does NOT include Desmond, then it is not a true MAIN SERIES GAME. It is a spin-off.

trueflyingsheep
03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
it advances the official story, so it is no spin-off (which wouldn’t be allowed to do so or which additions would be declared non-canon)

so it is a full-priced standalone addon.

SAVMATIC
03-30-2011, 10:32 PM
who gives a ****

BioPulse.ps3
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
^ What he/she said. It's more ac gameplay, more ac story. Why do you care what number it is. Called it 2.5, call it a spin off, call it a dlc on a disk for ac2. it's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, it's the game after ac2 and before ac3.

eagleforlife1
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
It really doesn't matter. There are more important things to worry about.

Mr_Shade
04-01-2011, 03:23 AM
I think most people already know this.. if not - there is a few pinned threads they can read..