PDA

View Full Version : Memory Corridor Last-Word Scenes

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:48 PM
I heard a lot of crap about how stupid those long, unskippable scenes are when Altair would have conversations with his dying targets. Personally, I think they were pretty important to the plot and gave a personal, sympathetic tone to your targets (also another big theme in the game, "Never harbor hate for your enemies, Altair").

But a lot of people insisted that they ate up too much non-playing time and that it was unreasonable for someone with a knife jammed through their throat to be so talkative.

In the ACII demo, of course, it just shows Ezio basically saying a quick sort of two-line prayer over them, but many speculate this was just done to keep the demo short and not reveal the story, but that ACII death scenes could be different.

EmperorxZurg
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't really freak out, but they should be a tad shorter, they were good cutscenes and did reveal a lot about the plot, but for this one maybe a little shorter would be good, like a 30 second to a minute long discussion or something of the sort.

SLB_2009
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I think that those conversations were important because without it we couldnīt fully understand the storyline.
Also, after theirs explanations, I kinda felt sorry for some of the guys I killed in the first game. After passing the game the first 10 times, I felt bad for killing them... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

I hope they don't change "The final speak"

MrNussbaum
07-25-2009, 04:09 PM
My only problem with the long speeches is not being able to skip through them after your first playthrough...they should've at least given the option.

Xm3buX
07-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
My only problem with the long speeches is not being able to skip through them after your first playthrough...they should've at least given the option.
Yeah, I agree, they were good the first time you played, but there should have been an options to skip for when you play through again. Or for impatiant people that don't really care about the story, whatever, but I found them very interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Zackebacke
07-25-2009, 04:54 PM
I just think it's ridiculous to talk and have a conversation with a stabbed guy when guards are trying to kill you.

But they were necessary for the for the story, but it felt so unrealistic.

john63
07-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I liked them the first time through. They made for lots of moral ambiguity and uncertainty, which I like.

The problem was that we had to do them every time. Same with Al Mualim's speeches. Second time round, I know the plot, so there's no need for them. Just let me get to the shanking!

But I agree that it's strange that Altair could always have these conversations, despite the small armies surrounding many targets.

Maybe when the "real" Altair did it, he killed all the surrounding guards first, so that there was no one to intervene, and the conversation could happen. Then, since it was in the genetic memories, Desmond could relive them, whether guards were around or not.

IDK... regardless, I'd like them to stay in some form. (Preferably a shorter, skippable form.)

SWJS
07-25-2009, 06:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Cornik22
07-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Exactly, and Iīm sure 90% of us are thinking the same thing. The cutscenes were good, but it was just stupid to not let the players skip them for the second time they play, the third, ...

RipYourSpineOut
07-25-2009, 07:10 PM
The little conversation between Carlo Grimaldi and Ezio after he shanked him seemed like almost the perfect length. But this time, a little to short IMO. 2-3 more sentences then that, and I would be satisfied.

Besides, da Vinci might be able to fill in the backstory.

MrNussbaum
07-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
The little conversation between Carlo Grimaldi and Ezio after he shanked him seemed like almost the perfect length. But this time, a little to short IMO. 2-3 more sentences then that, and I would be satisfied.

Besides, da Vinci might be able to fill in the backstory.

I'm guessing it was cut down for demo purposes as well as not revealing any story information.

Airadan
07-25-2009, 11:18 PM
The conversation in the demo was perfect length!!Keep them like that!!

thekyle0
07-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I never minded their length the first time. Maybe a little the second. Definantley disliked hearing Al Mualim the second time. Fourth fifth and ninth times I pressed every button on the controllers trying to skip them.

They don't need to be much shorter, but skipping them is the best-case solution.

Ezio_475
07-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Airadan:
The conversation in the demo was perfect length!!Keep them like that!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
They should be the same length as AC1, just make it skippable the second time through.

obliviondoll
07-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I refuse to vote because making them skippable wasn't listed in a yes option.

CanaanCombs
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM
I just want to be able to skip the cutscenes this time around so that if i dont feel like watching it on my second or third playthrough i dont have to.

Xm3buX
07-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Zackebacke:
I just think it's ridiculous to talk and have a conversation with a stabbed guy when guards are trying to kill you.

But they were necessary for the for the story, but it felt so unrealistic.

I think it's sort of a power, like eagle vision, and to Altiar the whole conversation would have taken like a split second, but the animus replays it so that you can see whats going on.