PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever have this happen?

Fokker_Fodder
07-07-2009, 09:05 PM
This has happened twice to me- where I flew a mission, saved it, and when I played it back, it ended differently than the mission I flew! It starts out like it, then it... changes. The last time I shot down 6 Vals in my Wildcat before having to bail after colliding with one- when I played it back, after two kills I hit the water in a dive and crashed! This happen to anyone else? Thanks!

ImMoreBetter
07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes, this is because playing the mission back is not simple. The game literally attempts to fly the mission again. Sometimes it doesn't work.

Glitches happen more often in .trk files than they do in .ntrk files. .trk files are created when you save the track after the mission is over. .ntrk files are produced by the 'quick record' function.

JtD
07-07-2009, 10:24 PM
As ImMoreBetter said, this happens sometimes, with trk files. I found that sometimes there is a difference between replaying the track for the first time, or for some times thereafter. Seems to be a timing issue and the first time runs slower because the hard disk is used more often. Maybe you get lucky and get it to play correctly somehow. It's unlikely, though.

DKoor
07-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah like others said TRK's are unreliable.
I still have some of my TRK's that play just fine in normal replay, but when I want to record a NTRK from them they dont work.
Best option is to just hit "Start Recording" every time you play a mission, as you can re-record best off that track later http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .
Your track will be in online format NTRK.

However, you cannot use Time Skip function (in offline missions) because it will break the recording (it will just stop recording, the time you recorded up to that point will be saved).

Fokker_Fodder
07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks. I thought maybe the game was becoming sentient!

mortoma
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM
This is far more likely to happen is you have run at higher warp speeds on autopilot. If you fly the whole mission in real time with no speed ups or even slow downs, it's likely to play back correctly. Try it, you'll see what I mean. It can suck though if you fly one of the pacific missions that have you fly over long expanses of water. Flying a mission like that in normal speed is almost torture for me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

M_Gunz
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
ntrk files contain occasional position data, what is used in online packets and why it doesn't get "lost"

Blindman-
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I too have had this happen allot and now, thanks to you all, I know why.

Thanks again everybody.