PDA

View Full Version : Change in HDG

Juutilainen1939
09-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Does the following happen to you?

I turn the difficult setting to easy, i.e. only vulnerability and clouds effect, no, I stress No torque & gyro effects and No wind & Turbulence. Then switch to autopilot, when the plane is stable, that means no change in SPD, ALT and HDG, I turn the autopilot off, and do not provide any inputs, however, the HDG continues to increase, then a change in SPD and ALT. I can explain the change of SPD and ALT, this is due to the gravity of the plane. However, there should be no external force to change the HDG. I tried many other planes, the same phenomenon happened again. What is the reason? Please help. Many thanks.

"Struggle to free yourself from your love and desire for material objects. With few desires and no greed, you will naturally feel free and easy and will lack for nothing." Master Cheng Yen

M_Gunz
09-27-2008, 07:15 AM
It could be that without propwash (a torque thing) on the tail that the tail offset has to be
countered by rudder. Prop planes are built with torque correction in mind, not like gliders.
They need to be trimmed to glide straight.

You could also be slightly asymmetric with controls.

When you get out of autopilot, the controls revert to where you have them set.

WTE_Galway
09-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Juutilainen1939:
Does the following happen to you?

I turn the difficult setting to easy, i.e. only vulnerability and clouds effect, no, I stress No torque & gyro effects and No wind & Turbulence. Then switch to autopilot, when the plane is stable, that means no change in SPD, ALT and HDG, I turn the autopilot off, and do not provide any inputs, however, the HDG continues to increase, then a change in SPD and ALT. I can explain the change of SPD and ALT, this is due to the gravity of the plane. However, there should be no external force to change the HDG. I tried many other planes, the same phenomenon happened again. What is the reason? Please help. Many thanks.

"Struggle to free yourself from your love and desire for material objects. With few desires and no greed, you will naturally feel free and easy and will lack for nothing." Master Cheng Yen

Even without torque and gyro effects remember the aircraft is only trimmed to fly straight at one particular speed.

iL2fan
09-29-2008, 01:23 PM
lol

Juutilainen1939
10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks a lot for the above replies. I just wonder whether the phenomenon I described above is due to my PC system, some kind of technical clashes with the game.

"Use your time well, every minute and every second. By being practical every step of the way in this life, one will have no shame or regrets." Master Cheng Yen

Pigeon_
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Maybe it's Oleg's weird 361? compass! Did anyone ever notice this? In the no-cockpit-view the compass shows 0? to 360?! :P