PDA

View Full Version : Hookblade Questions (and Discussion)

tjbyrum1
10-28-2011, 06:53 PM
I have some questions about the Hookblade.

1. Does the Hookblade replace the Hidden Blade so Ezio has one of each?
2. Does the Hookblade also function as a second Hidden Blade, so its like the old Double Hidden Blades?
3. Does Ezio have two Hookblades? Not that he needs two (cause he doesn't) but if it functions as a Hidden Blade as well, why not have two anyway?
4. Is the 'hook' on the 'blade's' tip? Or is it in the middle of the 'blade'? A or B:
(--=Blade; ,=Hook; >=Point of Blade)
A. ---,-->
B. ------,

Also what do you think of the Hookblade?

naran6142
10-28-2011, 07:05 PM
1. no
2. yes
3. no, cuz i guess u only really need one. plus by the looks of it yusuf just jack another assassins hookblade and gave it to ezio
4. it slides up and down, that how it can function as a hook and a blade

and i cant wait to see wat the hook blade brings to the game, it should be one of the coolest new features http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chronomancy
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I have some questions about the Hookblade.

1. Does the Hookblade replace the Hidden Blade so Ezio has one of each?
2. Does the Hookblade also function as a second Hidden Blade, so its like the old Double Hidden Blades?
3. Does Ezio have two Hookblades? Not that he needs two (cause he doesn't) but if it functions as a Hidden Blade as well, why not have two anyway?
4. Is the 'hook' on the 'blade's' tip? Or is it in the middle of the 'blade'? A or B:
(--=Blade; ,=Hook; >=Point of Blade)
A. ---,-->
B. ------,

Also what do you think of the Hookblade?

I think the hook blade is a great addition to ACR.

I hope they put the hook blade in the multiplayer.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Ezio has one hookblade.

The hookblade has two parts, the hook and the blade. It's an elegant design, with the hook being locked in at the end of the blade, but it'll slide down when significant pressure is put on it so you can use it to stab.

Ezio doesn't have two hookblades because he doesn't need two.

The hookblade can be used for combat, picking pockets, easy wall navigation, zip lines, and pulling down scaffolding. I'd say it's pretty useful.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
It's so weird how back then they had all these carefully designed weapons. It seems a bit to complicated. Especially for Altair's time. You needed to be precise when you were making it. Even now-a-days it's pretty difficult to make a legit hidden blade.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Well, there weren't actual hidden blades back then.

:P

Chronomancy
10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Well, there weren't actual hidden blades back then.

:P

Well you can't actually prove that.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I could if I had a time machine.

SleezeRocker
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
I hope they put the hook blade in the multiplayer.

Actually it is! I discovered it by accident when I was in a chase and when I hopped onto a..Lamp turning thing (Idk what it's called but it's a mini-chase breaker of a flower pot hanging on buildings corner) and I pressed Circle (B on xbox) and my charcater unsheteaed the hookblade and I did a giant leap ahead on a another building.

so yes hookblades are in multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I too can't wait to play with the Hookblade.
When I get ACR and received a dmeoted assassin's hook blade, out loud, I will say "Da da da DAAA!- You've gotten the Hookblade, go mediveal Batman on templar Ace!" *watch hookblade rotating in midiar across Ezio's hands-in pretend of course :P*

Calvarok
10-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
It's so weird how back then they had all these carefully designed weapons. It seems a bit to complicated. Especially for Altair's time. You needed to be precise when you were making it. Even now-a-days it's pretty difficult to make a legit hidden blade.
Altair created such a precise design because he was shown it by the Apple.

And as to whoever made the Hookblade variant, presumably with no POE, I don't think it's for anyone to say what a human is capable, no matter what era they were in.

As you said, there's no proof that someone didn't have the knowledge to make complicated and practical designs, and in fact, stuff like Greek Fire is proof that someone DID.

Created in a previous time, yet modern scientists have not figured out how to recreate it.

It's weird how we have such a dim view of people who lived in centuries past, when it's obvious that we're not doing better than they would have if they had modern resources.

Incidentally, thanks for clarifying that, Jexx. I never knew for sure how the hookblade worked. Where did you get that info?

kalo.yanis
10-29-2011, 06:25 AM
You shouldn't underestimate ancient people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LightRey
10-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by NBST:
You shouldn't underestimate ancient people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh I love that machine. It's the oldest "computer" known to man.

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Incidentally, thanks for clarifying that, Jexx. I never knew for sure how the hookblade worked. Where did you get that info?

err *shifty eyes*

I used deductive reasoning.

RzaRecta357
10-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Chrono. It is in multiplayer in a a sense and it makes it cheesy looking haha.

You can climb the old fashion way to climb AC1 style and slow.

You can hold the R1 button to climb Ezio AC2/ACB style with his speed.

Now you can hold R1+X and they scale buildings so fast on Mplayer that it's CHEESE looking because they basically LEAP up the building.

It actually worried me and I posted about it on the forum I think...but when you think of Ezio and actually having the blade so the animation makes sense...then it's cool.

reini03
10-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
The hookblade has two parts, the hook and the blade. It's an elegant design

I see what you did there! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I like the hookblade, i think i would prefer it only for freerunning cuz i don't like the animations in combat :X

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Chrono. It is in multiplayer in a a sense and it makes it cheesy looking haha.

You can climb the old fashion way to climb AC1 style and slow.

You can hold the R1 button to climb Ezio AC2/ACB style with his speed.

Now you can hold R1+X and they scale buildings so fast on Mplayer that it's CHEESE looking because they basically LEAP up the building.

It actually worried me and I posted about it on the forum I think...but when you think of Ezio and actually having the blade so the animation makes sense...then it's cool.

I think that the faster Ezio style is supposed to be high profile style, and that you can do both in SP also.

As for the hookblade style, I think that in MP you'll have to buy a hookblade to be able to to do the hook blade style.

Now, the reason why the Templars would have these Assassin technologies is because the Sentinel (a new MP char) used to be an Assassin. But he felt betrayed when the Assassins in Constantinople allied themselves with the Ottomans, so I'm guessing he took the technologies and gave them to the Templars.