PDA

View Full Version : OT PC Help

walsh2509
10-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I was wondering if I could get some help with my son's PC, he called me last night and said that when Windows opens up to his sgin-in icon the page instead of reading from left to right is read top to bottom.

I had asked him if the had tried his monitor adjustment , he said he had but it that was not the problem. He could sing-in to his desktop set-up but when he did that too was messed up!

The icons were all along the top of the screen and the tool-bad was to the right of the screen running from top to bottom.

Again I asked if had tried right clicking on the screen and sorting out the icons and dragging the toolbar down to run along the bottom of his screen, he said he had tried both but again this didn't work.

I asked him if he could still use the Internet he said it was working but when his home page opened instead of it reading from top to bottom, the page was side-on headling at the left of screen and footer at the right.

He ran his Norton anti-virus and that was clean.

Any idea's as to the problem?

Thanks W2509

RocketDog
10-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Try:

If it uses an ATi card yyou could try the follwing: right click on the wallpaper, then select properties -> settings -> advanced -> rotation, and change the orientation in that menu. Might work. Won't do any harm if not.

Regards,

RocketDog.

walsh2509
10-29-2004, 08:45 AM
thanks ....

Mezcal_Head
10-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Sounds about right RocketDog. There is a utility for Nvidia based cards called NVrotate found in the advanced settings of the Video settings. rightclick desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced/Geforce Tab/NVrotate and you will see all will be right with your sons PC. Hope this helps and its not some crazy glitch.