PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt Playstyle

Kogia
04-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Firstly to give some background, I've been playing ACB since release but been so happy playing almost entirely just Wanted that I've only just started to branch out into several of the other play modes.

I've also had a big overseas move and because of odd play hours have never bothered to join a clan.

So far I like the Manhunt concept but I've been really put off by the 5 or 6 games of it I've played. The hunted half is fine and fun, but whenever my team gets their turn to be the hunters it just seems to turn into a mad dash around the arena with no stealth involved at all. You dash as fast as you can to the other team, they stun the first person, you kill them, they stun one more you wipe them out then dash off to find them all again.

It just seems to be very little skill and more about getting the groups and numbers all piled onto each other as fast as possible and who activates smoke bombs first.

Is this way it's mostly played? If I set up my mic and got in with a clan for some proper play is it less chaotic?

LadyGahan2010
04-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I'd like to know answers to this too. I only started and today's Manhunt matches with random players were awful. No team work, just running around separately, in both rounds. That was disappointing.

Eldest219
04-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Actually, lol, yeah. That's exactly how the high leveled, more skilled players play it :P. Except on defense, the hiders usually try to stun luck the hunters into submission, lol xD

Dave0718
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
It is kinda how we play manhunt but we like to call it being really cool and neat.

Warforger
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Yah I wonder how many actual private games have ever been played? I haven't met enough people in this game mostly because Ubisoft forced its ranked matchmaking system down the people who play unranked throats and so it's a disaster but it does prevent boosting for a game that has leveling, I mean in RUSE there's little reason to boost in unranked for example, while in ranked all the achievements are for that game mode, but you can still boost if you're lucky.

Reason being is that in private matches you know everyone in the match and so you have better teamwork.

MatDolton
04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah the one thing I dislike about Manhunt is the hunting stage... I try and be stealthy and cunning... only to see people dash in for the 100pt kill. Mind you... the upside is you let them run in first then do a nice poison as the target flee's right past you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

persiateddy95
04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Eldest219:
Except on defense, the hiders usually try to stun luck the hunters into submission, lol xD
Into ragequitting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Manhunt with randoms is a pain. That's why I'm only playing Assassinate and Wanted now.

gothpunkboy89
04-10-2011, 09:29 PM
yea playing with randoms on any game mode are always a bit iffy.

i've had pretty good experience though with my mic. if the players are just running around like idiots i generally get on and tell them to stop. and try at least for the silent kill. kinda try and give some advice. you know like there are 2 people hiding in this group can someone come help me.

sometimes it works and we get decent points. sometimes they must have the tv muted or muted me because they don't' listen.

you really don't have to join a clan just play with some friends. even just you and 1 friend can make a world a difference if you two work together. and the other 2 run around like chickens with their heads removed.

multiple people with mic's yea its still a bit chaotic but its more of a controlled chaos. because you can kinda coordinated with your team mates so everyone isn't rushing a single defender.

hoserama99
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Kogia:
The hunted half is fine and fun, but whenever my team gets their turn to be the hunters it just seems to turn into a mad dash around the arena with no stealth involved at all. You dash as fast as you can to the other team, they stun the first person, you kill them, they stun one more you wipe them out then dash off to find them all again.

I'm glad you said this, because this is what turned me off Manhunt. In general, I scored much more when I was being hunted as when I was on offense. (Disclaimer: I haven't played Manhunt more than a handful of times in the past few months.)

It always seemed like the defense round had a decent amount of strategy but offense was just chaos, especially with randoms. I just didn't find it any fun after a while and gave it up. I think I'd only go back to it if I got a mic and was teamed up with people I knew.

persiateddy95
04-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah, but I don't have a mic. Hate them, lol.

And they don't even try to stun lock...
So, I gave up.

obliviondoll
04-11-2011, 12:11 AM
I play Manhunt by rushing to the area the targets are in, and staying on rooftops most of the time.

I use Firecrackers and Knives most of the time (occasionally swapping knives for Poison if I'm with a good team who will let me get a Poison off).

Aerial/Focus is common for me with decent teammates with headsets, and I'll usually land at least one even when I'm with randoms. Often I can add in Acrobatic with it (moreso with good teammates, but anything's possible).

Basically, randoms are mostly idiots in Manhunt, but you can work around them with skilled rooftop play, and sensible approach (being NOT the first guy to move in helps).

AntiChrist7
04-11-2011, 01:40 AM
you gonna encounter ******s sometimes. i once played a manhunt game where the defending team just ran around, so we couldn't catch them, and if we did, we got only 100 points. it's frustrating, but most manhunt games are fun. it's my favourite game mode

obliviondoll
04-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
you gonna encounter ******s sometimes. i once played a manhunt game where the defending team just ran around, so we couldn't catch them, and if we did, we got only 100 points. it's frustrating, but most manhunt games are fun. it's my favourite game mode
Would have got more points if you had Knives.

Kogia
04-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Well glad it's not just me then, but it's a shame it's another mode I'll not be bothering too much with.

I really like the idea behind Manhunt, but I'm too old for fast dashing, my reflexes are too slow.

It is probably great fun with friends though, I just don't move in gaming circles, so have all of about 5 friends on my PS3 list and those are from random requests in other games. All my 'real' friends just think I'm a loser for still gaming.. Pff wadda they know. :O)

Kramerisgamer
04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
When playing with randoms I much prefer chest cap. You can't run around because there are actual objectives to achieve.