PDA

View Full Version : Deck Guns

HUB123
02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Can you determine the range to an enemy target by just using the deck gun sight? Or do you have to go back to the periscope to determine the range to the target, then back to the deck gun?

gadflyjs
02-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I think the "range" thing in the Deckgun is only to show you the how far will the ammo go, but not the actually distant of enemy ship.

You could ask your WO to tell you the range and direction of enemy.

hueywolf123
02-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Personally, I prefer to use my nav map. Using either the ruler tool or the dividers, you draw from your position to the target.
Using the shift key whilst at the sight (once zoomed) will make the gun traverse faster when using the arrow keys, or alternatively left click your mouse for fast sideways movements.
Hitting F5, then going back to the deck gun, you can move fairly fast between map and gun sights.
But surely, finding range yourself using your map tools will give you far more accuracy.

hueywolf123
02-12-2008, 03:22 AM
One more thing Hub, welcome to the forum buddy. Any questions you have, feel free to ask. Someone here will help before too long.
We, like you, are complete SH III addicts.
Welcome aboard Kaluen Hub123, good luck and good hunting

Kaleun1961
02-12-2008, 09:21 AM
An easy way, if you have auto-targeting enabled, is to go to the Uzo station and it will give you an exact range. "U" is the shortcut key for the Uzo station. Make sure it is locked onto your target if there is more than one contact.