PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with rudder

BenvZijl
07-20-2005, 03:32 PM
ingame my rudder makes my plane go to the left. when it's on the ground.

I have a Ch pr pedals for my rudder and they dont detect a problem with the calibration(have the problem for the last week or so).

Any tips to give where the problem might be?

BenvZijl
07-20-2005, 03:32 PM
ingame my rudder makes my plane go to the left. when it's on the ground.

I have a Ch pr pedals for my rudder and they dont detect a problem with the calibration(have the problem for the last week or so).

Any tips to give where the problem might be?

3.JG51_BigBear
07-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Did you just install the latest patch? There has been a significant change in torque effects with 4.01. Before you start your takeoff roll try dialing in a little opposite rudder trim and locking your tail wheel.

Tully__
07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any tips to give where the problem might be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two causes of aircraft going left (or in some cases right) on the runway other than calibration issues:

Slipstream from the propellor. The air driven backwards by the propellor travels around the aircraft in a spiral and hits the vertical stabilizer on one side, pushing the nose of the aircraft the opposite way. You need to use quite a lot of rudder to compensate.

In bad weather (rain/snow/thunderstorms) you have a crosswind. This will push the tail of the aircraft around as well. To compensate you'll need brakes, opposite rudder and a bit of throttle.

Pirschjaeger
07-20-2005, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any tips to give where the problem might be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two causes of aircraft going left (or in some cases right) on the runway other than calibration issues:

Slipstream from the propellor. The air driven backwards by the propellor travels around the aircraft in a spiral and hits the vertical stabilizer on one side, pushing the nose of the aircraft the opposite way. You need to use quite a lot of rudder to compensate.

In bad weather (rain/snow/thunderstorms) you have a crosswind. This will push the tail of the aircraft around as well. To compensate you'll need brakes, opposite rudder and a bit of throttle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell the AI that. I love the new FM but I hate the fact that the AI are already experts. I have to learn all over again. I haven't flown for 9 months and have a new stick. I feel I've gone back in time, say about 4 years. Even the AI call me "noob". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tully, would I be right in assuming that with the new flight model the stick settings are more important than ever?

Also, is there a detailed guide somewhere about setting the stick? I've seen many postings but none that made my stick work well. I'd like to know what each bar represents so I could figure out a setting that suits me. My stick is extremely touchy. I have the Saitek Evo.

Fritz

Tully__
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirschjaeger:
Tully, would I be right in assuming that with the new flight model the stick settings are more important than ever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That will definitely be the case for some of us. I've had trim "on a slider" since the original Sturmovik but have only in V4.01 considered tampering with the sensitivity for trim.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, is there a detailed guide somewhere about setting the stick? I've seen many postings but none that made my stick work well. I'd like to know what each bar represents so I could figure out a setting that suits me. My stick is extremely touchy. I have the Saitek Evo.

Fritz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>"Joysticks..." link under my sig picture. See the section on "Setting up sensitivity". For the Evo you might try something similar to "The Author's" settings (mine on my X-45 and similar to what I'm currently using on my X-52 and used to use on my Cyborg).

Pirschjaeger
07-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Thx Tully. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Fritz

ClnlSandersLite
07-20-2005, 09:58 PM
BenvZijl:

Turn off engine torque and wind, if that resolves the issue, it's not a controller problem.

BenvZijl
07-21-2005, 02:48 AM
i dont have the problem in the air, i think i solved the problem, i trimmed the rudder to the right and i can take off

Pirschjaeger
07-21-2005, 02:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenvZijl:
i dont have the problem in the air, i think i solved the problem, i trimmed the rudder to the right and i can take off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now take off is easier but once you are airborn do you have to fight the rudder to fly straight?

Fritz

BenvZijl
07-21-2005, 03:08 AM
no cause then i put the rudder in Neutral position again

ClnlSandersLite
07-21-2005, 03:49 AM
Locking the tailwheel will help on the ground as well, assuming your aircraft has that feature.