PDA

View Full Version : Under the heading of silly things to do...

SabreF-86
02-25-2005, 02:48 AM
I was mucking about last nite in a quickie mission, flying a Hurricane IIC. After shooting down a couple of bombers, I thought I'd try landing on a road, just for practice.

Never set down on a road on the side of a hill. I landed without any problems. Shut off the engine. Took my finger off the brakes, and lo, she started to turn up hill. Then I noticed that I was going backwards. Down the hill. At an ever increasing rate of knots. The tail starts to bounce up n down, and finally we hit the bottom of the hill. Now the tail goes up and the prop digs in. We stop, sadly sitting on our nose.

That was dumb. The next part was even dumber. Never pull the trigger while doing a nose stand. Just for fun, to see if the recoil would put her back on her feet, I did. Kaboom. Blows off one wheel, starts the tanks on fire, and then Bloooey, I end up with the angels.

Anyway, I guess you had to be there but I laffed on and off for about a hour about it.

Sabre

SabreF-86
02-25-2005, 02:48 AM
I was mucking about last nite in a quickie mission, flying a Hurricane IIC. After shooting down a couple of bombers, I thought I'd try landing on a road, just for practice.

Never set down on a road on the side of a hill. I landed without any problems. Shut off the engine. Took my finger off the brakes, and lo, she started to turn up hill. Then I noticed that I was going backwards. Down the hill. At an ever increasing rate of knots. The tail starts to bounce up n down, and finally we hit the bottom of the hill. Now the tail goes up and the prop digs in. We stop, sadly sitting on our nose.

That was dumb. The next part was even dumber. Never pull the trigger while doing a nose stand. Just for fun, to see if the recoil would put her back on her feet, I did. Kaboom. Blows off one wheel, starts the tanks on fire, and then Bloooey, I end up with the angels.

Anyway, I guess you had to be there but I laffed on and off for about a hour about it.

Sabre

WTE_Ibis
02-25-2005, 02:59 AM
Good that you left the plane before it exploded
otherwise you couldn't have posted this and we wouldn't have known m8 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

PBNA-Boosher
02-25-2005, 06:00 AM
You would like my Bush Pilot map.