PDA

View Full Version : Should AC3 phase out any Assassin Recruiting?

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Recruiting/Killing the Capt. is just about my favorite thing in AC. (The cowardly captains are such a pain) .

I hope they always leave in Assassin recruiting
but I'm wondering what might make the Recruiting System even more awesome?

I like that they added relevant missions rather than random ones just to level them up.
I think that could be fine tuned even more somehow?

By the way, in ACR, one of my assassins returned wounded and I couldn't use him for another 14 minutes.
That was a nice added touch.

souNdwAve89
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I doubt they'll get rid of the Assassin Guild feature since they did a great job in ACR. The assassins were more involved and felt more like characters unlike Brotherhood. I loved the moments in ACR when you had a small group of assassins with you. Like the one sequence when you're free running with 3-4 other assassins or during that one cinematic when you're about to fight.

An improvement they should work on is to give us more customization such as choosing their weapons, skill, armor, etc. There is an annoying bug that when you put their hood or mask on, it would disappear when you go back to the guild menu.

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I hope it stays and I don't think much If anything will have to be changed with Assassin Recruiting but I wouldn't complain at a bit more Assassin customization.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
As Ac2 and foward addapted to the era it was in it would also be nice for Ac3 to adapt to the new era..

It's hard to give suggestions without knowing where will we revive our ancestor or in what years :x

SolidSage
11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree, the recruiting has become more fun and I like the accompany missions. Actually reinforces the feeling of being a Mentor.
That in turn makes me wonder how it would be used in a new game, the protagonist would have to be part of the order, rather than, starting out like early Ezio in AC2.

I think they should stay though, they really are the difficulty modifier that a lot of people complain about Creed not having. Things too tough? Keep a full recruit bar and use them liberally, (I like to send them all on missions though, remove the saftey net and what not).

How awesome would it be if a recruit was also a reserved space for another player or more to 'drop in' to your game and get their co-op on?

Animuses
11-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I hope it doesn't return.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Yeah, I doubt they'll get rid of the Assassin Guild feature since they did a great job in ACR. The assassins were more involved and felt more like characters unlike Brotherhood. I loved the moments in ACR when you had a small group of assassins with you. Like the one sequence when you're free running with 3-4 other assassins or during that one cinematic when you're about to fight.

An improvement they should work on is to give us more customization such as choosing their weapons, skill, armor, etc. There is an annoying bug that when you put their hood or mask on, it would disappear when you go back to the guild menu.

Ya I have the same bug going on. Thankfully in their personal missions (MA assignments) they're just how you set them - not what's showing on the recruit screen.
It also seems to only be the females who can't keep their hoods on - the males all show the hoods on.
?
Ya customizing their skills or weapons might be a nice option . . maybe giving them specific weaknesses or something.

I haven't done the free run w/ any of them yet, that sounds awesome!

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:

Why?
Do you prefer doing the game alone & following just the storyline? Just curious about your gameplay preferences.

Blind2Society
11-22-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't like the system of leveling the recruits. Not only does it seem like a facebook game or something but I'm a completionist and I hate that I can never complete it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

I do like the master assassin missions though and think there should have been at least double the amount there were.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

Why?
Do you prefer doing the game alone & following just the storyline? Just curious about your gameplay preferences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take in consideration we MIGHT not return as a master assassin but we will have a character developed from the start hopefully... i would be very upset if we get a char like ezio in AcR without any introdution to him etc etc....

deskpe
11-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I want it back, also i want the assassins you call in to follow you, walking around with an assassin posse similar to the thieves and mercenaries. it could be another option that drains all your bars

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

Why?
Do you prefer doing the game alone & following just the storyline? Just curious about your gameplay preferences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take in consideration we MIGHT not return as a master assassin but we will have a character developed from the start hopefully... i would be very upset if we get a char like ezio in AcR without any introdution to him etc etc.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point

>>Blind2Soc. :I do like the master assassin missions though and think there should have been at least double the amount there were.
<<

Ya that would have been great to give more of those - they could replace the other random types of assassin missions we used to go to the Pigeon coops for & do solo.

I like that idea

SolidSage
11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Funny, I still have a locked Assassin Den that when I access it, gives ma an Assassin Icon that says Pigeon Coop. I haven't found a coop yet but am hoping there is a bunch of Assassination contracts in there somewhere?

Just mine?

apresmode
11-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I love the assassins. Last night one of my favorites was knocked off a clothes line by a guard while he was escaping. It was terrible. I looted him, and took his body to a nearby den. Had to turn the game off after that.

For AC3 I hope they keep it. It would be nice if you were a part of the recuits. Making friends with others with various skills - kind of like that part in Project Legacy. You could be working your way up through the ranks. Of course you'd end up being awesome as the descendant of either Ezio or Altair somehow. I assume you would be one of theirs.

I love the idea of a bit of drop in co-op, That would be fun to play. Maybe the multiplayer would be changed a bit to have an assassins co-op mode or something where you play recruits not a part of the main story. Like you are sent off to do those little missions around the world. Maybe you'd get an option to play the mission yourself with a friend or success would depend on others playing the game actually beating the level.

Blah too many ideas. Sorry.