PDA

View Full Version : Screen resolution, is there a workaround ?

juhhe
03-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi
I know that it has been said that the screen resolution is fixed to 1024*768.
Somehow I am quite sure that the engine itself was built to support higher resolutions too.
I think that the SH3-detection for me does the trick and limits the resolution and perhaps even other details too.
I have a problem with this resolution, I have a 21 " monitor and this resolution is interlaced on this and not very clear. 1280*1074 would be MUCH better. In my opinion Ubisoft SHOULD tell us if there is a way to change the resolution.
I know that the main.cfg file contains info about the detail level and other staff and in this file there is a position for screen resolution saying 1024*768. Changing this from both of the main.cfg -files (one in my documents and one in game/data/cfg -folder) does not have any effect.
I do not have a particularily powerfull computer and even it can run this game perfectly. No automatic limit should be applied to the game, gamers shoud be the ones deciding that what details and resolution the game is run.
Or how does the community feel about things like this?.

juhhe
03-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi
I know that it has been said that the screen resolution is fixed to 1024*768.
Somehow I am quite sure that the engine itself was built to support higher resolutions too.
I think that the SH3-detection for me does the trick and limits the resolution and perhaps even other details too.
I have a problem with this resolution, I have a 21 " monitor and this resolution is interlaced on this and not very clear. 1280*1074 would be MUCH better. In my opinion Ubisoft SHOULD tell us if there is a way to change the resolution.
I know that the main.cfg file contains info about the detail level and other staff and in this file there is a position for screen resolution saying 1024*768. Changing this from both of the main.cfg -files (one in my documents and one in game/data/cfg -folder) does not have any effect.
I do not have a particularily powerfull computer and even it can run this game perfectly. No automatic limit should be applied to the game, gamers shoud be the ones deciding that what details and resolution the game is run.
Or how does the community feel about things like this?.

Bulwark_
03-19-2005, 12:13 PM
It's already been said there will be now change from the devs. And to be totally honest, I think the res looks great at 1024*768. Although you have 21" monitor, your computer runs it perfect now, but it's possible it would struggle at a higher res.

JG27_Arklight
03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
The game looks AMAZING on my 22 inch NEC. No issues with the graphics presentation here.

Are your monitor drivers up to date?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif