PDA

View Full Version : Interesting in game story while at Coral Sea...

MK2aw
10-31-2004, 01:28 AM
Ok here is an interesting in game story and a different one.

I was leading a group of 3 zeroes on a patrol while flying the Coral Sea campaign. I must of spent about 10-15 minutes just flying around and fairly sure I was going back with no action...suddenly I spotted 2 PBNs!

We quickly gave chase and hammered both of them down. it was cool attacking a plane I had never seen before. it really filled up the wind screen.
I spotted another PBN a bit higher and trying to make it for home. I pounce on it but I am out of cannons so I concentrate on the right engine. The other 2 zeroes start to tangle with some F4s that had shown up. This was fixing up to be quite a scrap.

I keep peppering away at the right engine at almost point blank range, the PBNs right engine finally stops (full of holes) and she starts going down. Lower and lower and lower and lower.....you might have guessed it. The pilot puts her down nice and gently on the ocean, the other engine still powering her forward towards safety while on the water. This was the coolest thing I have seen in PF yet.
At this point I spot another pair of F4s in the distance , low on ammo I am forced to leave . I looked back for as long as I could and that PBN must of made it all the way home on that one engine crusing on the water. I never got that kill.

Wow that was alot of fun...
Mk2aw

MK2aw
10-31-2004, 01:28 AM
Ok here is an interesting in game story and a different one.

I was leading a group of 3 zeroes on a patrol while flying the Coral Sea campaign. I must of spent about 10-15 minutes just flying around and fairly sure I was going back with no action...suddenly I spotted 2 PBNs!

We quickly gave chase and hammered both of them down. it was cool attacking a plane I had never seen before. it really filled up the wind screen.
I spotted another PBN a bit higher and trying to make it for home. I pounce on it but I am out of cannons so I concentrate on the right engine. The other 2 zeroes start to tangle with some F4s that had shown up. This was fixing up to be quite a scrap.

I keep peppering away at the right engine at almost point blank range, the PBNs right engine finally stops (full of holes) and she starts going down. Lower and lower and lower and lower.....you might have guessed it. The pilot puts her down nice and gently on the ocean, the other engine still powering her forward towards safety while on the water. This was the coolest thing I have seen in PF yet.
At this point I spot another pair of F4s in the distance , low on ammo I am forced to leave . I looked back for as long as I could and that PBN must of made it all the way home on that one engine crusing on the water. I never got that kill.

Wow that was alot of fun...
Mk2aw

WUAF_Badsight
10-31-2004, 02:08 AM
attacking the PBY in FB v1.0 was no laughing matter

took hits like a tank & those side pod gunners gave out the punishment . . . .