PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby question

Finkeren
02-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Sorry if this is perhaps not the right place to ask this, but I find that HLs own messageboard wasn't very helpfull.
I recently downloaded Hyperlobby after I got a 2 Mb internet connection wich should guarantee pretty good online gaming.
The problem is: When ever I log onto HL my Ping is registered as being very high, my connection to all players and servers is "full red" or simply "time out".
To everyone else my ping appears to be red too, but the truth is that my connection is actually pretty goodâ´. Once I log into a server the game runs perfectly with little or no lagg.
I found advice on HLs board for people gaming through a NAT router, and followed the instructions to alter the config file, and grant exeption for HL in my Norton firewall but nothing of this has helped at all.
It's getting kind of annoying cause I can't get anyone to join when I set up a server, and other players won't have me join in coop play.
Does any one know how to solve this problem? I know I'm not the only one, I can see that by the many unanswered pleas on HL tech support forum.

Finkeren
02-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Sorry if this is perhaps not the right place to ask this, but I find that HLs own messageboard wasn't very helpfull.
I recently downloaded Hyperlobby after I got a 2 Mb internet connection wich should guarantee pretty good online gaming.
The problem is: When ever I log onto HL my Ping is registered as being very high, my connection to all players and servers is "full red" or simply "time out".
To everyone else my ping appears to be red too, but the truth is that my connection is actually pretty goodâ´. Once I log into a server the game runs perfectly with little or no lagg.
I found advice on HLs board for people gaming through a NAT router, and followed the instructions to alter the config file, and grant exeption for HL in my Norton firewall but nothing of this has helped at all.
It's getting kind of annoying cause I can't get anyone to join when I set up a server, and other players won't have me join in coop play.
Does any one know how to solve this problem? I know I'm not the only one, I can see that by the many unanswered pleas on HL tech support forum.

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Disable Norton or use another firewall. If you use a router create a virtual server or even better make yourself DMZ host. And if you are using a router and dont wish to create a DMZ host becuase it exposes your IP then you dont need a firewall anyway. If you run windows XP and have SP2 installed the new XP firewall is very good and functions much like the Nortons, Zonealarm, ect.

kSetuni
02-26-2005, 07:50 PM
This is a known feature/bug or whatever you want to call it in Hyperlobby. The majority fo the people who have been aroudn hyperlobby for a while simply recognize it for waht it is and ignore it. The only time I raise questions is if I am showing green bars on them and only see one or two. A 5 red ping shows me they have a firewall or something. Now if they have a single red bar thats also different. I think there are many newer uses to HL that simply dont knwo this yet but they will learn.

S.M.