PDA

View Full Version : So , How Intelligent are....

Stevepine
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM
the Destroyers in the game...? I take it that the patches make a little difference..

I remember how stupid they were in SH2.

I hope things are better this time around.

Dominicrigg
08-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Pretty good, infact apart from variation (they only have about 2 or so attack patterns) they are more then likely better then real life destroyers were. Especially early war.

If you use outside views though this is a whole different story, you can watch where they are and watch charges dropping and avoid them pretty easily. But then again if real captains had this luxury im sure most of them would have survived also!!

The biggest killer in real life was the aircraft, but i think for gameplay sake this has been toned down in game. I guess it wouldnt be fun to be bombed on your way out of port and broken in half 10 minutes into patrol. So they have made it so bombs are not that destructive, even with a direct hit!

imjustlight
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
i encountered once before,i was just 4km away from my port in lorient when im being bombed by 5-6 enemies aircrafts.with quad 2cm heavy and 2 quad light flak.i thought i can shoot them down.in the end all 4 of my flak-gunners kia and my conning towers,deck and flak gun destroyed.lost radio,sonar,periscope no choice had to dock back at lorient.