PDA

View Full Version : Question about saving Users data

samo8krapez
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi!
I am a bit confused. I was saving my Users dir to another disk, just in case my PC crashed or if I have to install a fresh copy of windows. Everything worked fine, including on some of my friends PCs. Where I introduced the game and copy/pasted my Users dir to their game dir so they can have an easy solution about all the comands. They can just ask me, wich button is wich comand, etc.
Today I was installing the 1946 on anothers friends PC who has vista on it. When I copy/pasted my Users dir to his, it seemed to have copied it but it did not worked. Everything was by default. Name, comads, controls, etc.
How come?

samo8krapez
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi!
I am a bit confused. I was saving my Users dir to another disk, just in case my PC crashed or if I have to install a fresh copy of windows. Everything worked fine, including on some of my friends PCs. Where I introduced the game and copy/pasted my Users dir to their game dir so they can have an easy solution about all the comands. They can just ask me, wich button is wich comand, etc.
Today I was installing the 1946 on anothers friends PC who has vista on it. When I copy/pasted my Users dir to his, it seemed to have copied it but it did not worked. Everything was by default. Name, comads, controls, etc.
How come?

Tully__
01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
In Vista, if you have User Account Control (UAC) turned on the operating system saves a sepearate copy in a different location were you have access to modify the files. I'll create a shortcut to the community support forum where someone who has more knowledge of Vista than I may be able to tell you more about it.