PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Hunters in the Sky DVD set

Rjel
09-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

This excellent series was originally shown on the Discovery Channel in the early 1990's. I've been looking for a complete NTSC DVD edition of this series for some time. I thought I had my hands on a new set last year, but the supplier ran out. I've been able to purchase three volumes on Ebay, but so far no other volumes appear to be available.

Does anyone here have a set they are interested in selling? If so, I have a paypal account that can be used for payment.

smokincrater
09-23-2006, 02:58 AM
You can get An all in one set. But it is Region 4 only, doesn`t that suck!

Rjel
09-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I've seen that one. It's PAL too, which isn't compatable with my equipment. Thanks tho.

Texas LongHorn
09-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Rjel, you know you can pick up an all region, multi format (both PAL and NTSC) player from Hong Kong for like a hundred and scratch US. I use a Sampo, but many others are available at similer prices. I for one just got fed up with the studios and the like telling me what I could watch. All the best, LongHorn

Rjel
09-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
Hey Rjel, you know you can pick up an all region, multi format (both PAL and NTSC) player from Hong Kong for like a hundred and scratch US. I use a Sampo, but many others are available at similer prices. I for one just got fed up with the studios and the like telling me what I could watch. All the best, LongHorn

Would a player such as that be able to play the video back on a NTSC T.V. and is the picture quality the same?

Texas LongHorn
09-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Hey Rhel, the answer to both is yes. It plays perfect on NTSC, in fact I have a 56" Samsung DLP and a Boxlight projecter and the image is just about as good as the format is capable of. Of course it doesn't upsample like some of the newer players but will resolve the full resolution of both PAL and NTSC in their native formats. All the best, LongHorn

ytareh
09-23-2006, 12:05 PM
My wife accidentally bought a DVD from a region our player didnt support out of th box.But a quick net search threw up a simple code which could be programmed into the machine by the remote which allowed it to play any region dvds.Might be worth a look for your model and a code to unlock all regions.It appears dvds are going to be region free in the near future anyway.....

Rjel
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. This opens up some options I didn't think were possible.

dravisar
09-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Out of curiousity...where can you get the complete set, and is it worth it? In the case that I can buy it somewhere, I can actually get it and convert it back to normal mutli-region mpeg-2/DVD format....