PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubi: Please merge the DLCs. The Matchmaking times are long enough as it is.

db0
02-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Between the ranked matches, the player matches the different modes and the different DLCs, finding a match is getting slower and slower. And now with the new paid DLC coming out (which is naturally going to be used by less people), things are going to be even more fragmented.

Ubisoft, please consider merging the free DLCs into the vanilla game so that all modes and maps are available by default. This will merge all the groups of players who are at the moment split into different matchmaking pools.

I also hope that the new DLC will allow the new characters to be used in non-DLC games, much like the Harlequin can be used only by specific pre-purchasers.

That is all. Thanks for you time.

obliviondoll
02-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Seconded.

Good call! Ubisoft, take note. Also, this would mean we get Mt St Michel back.

W.E.S.P
02-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by db0:
Between the ranked matches, the player matches the different modes and the different DLCs, finding a match is getting slower and slower. And now with the new paid DLC coming out (which is naturally going to be used by less people), things are going to be even more fragmented.

Ubisoft, please consider merging the free DLCs into the vanilla game so that all modes and maps are available by default. This will merge all the groups of players who are at the moment split into different matchmaking pools.

I also hope that the new DLC will allow the new characters to be used in non-DLC games, much like the Harlequin can be used only by specific pre-purchasers.

I think the MM has improved a lot in the last month or so and havent had any problems with it. PS is slower than 360 at MM but i still get games pretty quickly on PS. I do agree though that when this payed DLC comes people will be split more and MM will become slower. I think it was a stupid idea to have to enable/disable dlc to begin with. I want them to merge them so that i can play MSM again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

MasterCid
02-18-2011, 03:20 AM
I'd like the profile reset glitch to be finally fixed too.

db0
02-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by MasterCid:

Oh Gawds YES! This is so friggin' frustrating! It's the No1 turnoff for AC:B MP for me.

W.E.S.P
02-18-2011, 03:24 AM

this ^^

That is so annoying

W.E.S.P
02-18-2011, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MasterCid:

Oh Gawds YES! This is so friggin' frustrating! It's the No1 turnoff for AC:B MP for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?

It isnt that bad. I can think of much worse things than that

beacuase...
02-18-2011, 03:29 AM
I don't think it's happening. If you go into the options, there's an Update 3.0 that you can't select yet.

cptn_k
02-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Agreed!
UBI should be thinking of ways to increase player base and consolidate DLC's, so there are more players available for whatever modes/maps, and not fragment the player base further still by selective and non compatable DLCs and modes/maps.

I still think finding a way to make the game inter-console compatable would be an awesome WIN!

db0
02-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Please don't hijack this thread about the reset profiles bug. Go here for that (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/6211084609).

obliviondoll
02-18-2011, 03:54 AM
I think consolidating all the DLC packs into the DLC 3 update would be acceptable, personally.

I think consolidating the current packs into one is a better option, but if they can't do that, even making the paid DLC into a fix would improve matters to some extent.

EscoBlades
02-18-2011, 04:02 AM

Since the first time i downloaded the 2nd DLC pack, i had one reset. That came immediately after downloading the DLC.

Since then, i have not had one profile reset. I wonder if i'm just super lucky and/ or immune to a lot of the problems people on this forum face.

For instance, it has never taken me more than 10 minutes at the longest to find a match on this game. I'd never sit staring at the screen like that for that long anyway. I'd back out and start the search again. So in my opinion, matchmaking (while not ideal) isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

BeCk41
02-18-2011, 04:02 AM
@db0- I agree, I hate switching them to on & off all of the time! I wish it was just apart of the original content. But can't wait to play the 3.0 DLC pack later in March- looking forward to it! New Characters Yay!!!

Assassinsyk
02-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Please don't hijack this thread about the reset profiles bug. Go here for that (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/6211084609).

Word.

I'm very concerned aswell, and can't understand the reason for this. I miss MSM, and even thiugh im not the biggest fan of Pienza, there's no way I'll downgrade. It was roofer heaven before the upgrade and I imagine it will now be just the roofers who has it actvated. Slower MM and worse games.

They said on Facebook that we didn't have to download anything to get Venice nights since they made the alterations on their server, so I should think it would be possible for them to make this happen.

Can not understand the frustration for the guys who worked their asses off making the maps, and suddenly it won't be played anymore.

EgyptRaider
02-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Indeed! Merge them!
I love both the new maps, especially MSM, but I can't just sacrife chest capture for it.... It's really annoying.. Certainly you can solve it Ubi... You just have to ask yourself if you would take the effort...

W.E.S.P
02-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by EgyptRaider:
Indeed! Merge them!
I love both the new maps, especially MSM, but I can't just sacrife chest capture for it.... It's really annoying.. Certainly you can solve it Ubi... You just have to ask yourself if you would take the effort...

I agree.
They need to add chest capture to MSM especially if they put it on Siena http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Why didnt they add it to MSM anyway? I think its ideal for chest capture

Daveskie
02-18-2011, 05:43 AM
I read somewhere that they were trying to combine the DLCs but if the next one is a purchase I have no idea how they will implement it.

DreamcasterXL
02-18-2011, 05:59 AM
I think the issue is with Microsoft and their Xbox Live service and their insistence that any substantial DLC package must have value and therefore must have a points cost. As far as I know they will only allow program updates to be downloaded for free. This is why there's a big issue amongst the Left 4 Dead community about Valve providing major DLC updates for free to PC users while charging for the same DLC to be downloaded on Xbox Live.

This is the only explanation I could think of as to why 1.0 and 2.0 could not be merged. It would be ideal if the March DLC was able to combine 1.0 and 2.0 as well so for those willing to pay the extra they would have access to all the content.

BTW I don't understand the logic about not downgrading to 1.0 for MSM because of roof runners. MSM has its roof runners but they don't tend to stay alive for long, and you cannot even compare MSM to Pienza for roof running.

obliviondoll
02-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by EgyptRaider:
Certainly you can solve it Ubi... You just have to ask yourself: What would Ezio do?
I like this version better. Although we have almost reached the point at which Desmond got kidnapped by kaxen, so maybe she can get him to help you?

Assassinsyk
02-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by DreamcasterXL:

BTW I don't understand the logic about not downgrading to 1.0 for MSM because of roof runners. MSM has its roof runners but they don't tend to stay alive for long, and you cannot even compare MSM to Pienza for roof running.

If this was adressed to my comment, allow me to clarify. Thereīs been a lot of talking about how roofing paradise MSM is, and although I never had this problem to any major degree, my theory (although I might be wrong) is that since we now have new maps and CC, the majority want to play that by default. Iīm sure some like MSM better than Pienza/CC, but I also think alot of them will be roofers, and with the majority of players being on 2.0 and an already slow MM, I havenīt bothered to try yet.

Again, Iīm not saying it IS so, I can just imagine, and since it takes an effort to downgrade and often lose your rematch-chance due to the rest of the crowd going to Pienza, most wonīt touch MSM. Or something.

laserjock2003
02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MasterCid:

For instance, it has never taken me more than 10 minutes at the longest to find a match on this game. I'd never sit staring at the screen like that for that long anyway. I'd back out and start the search again. So in my opinion, matchmaking (while not ideal) isn't as bad as some make it out to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I, for one, do not sit and stare at the screen - I back out and choose other modes, but here is and example of what has been happening to me:

1.) Launch Ranked Wanted
2.) Map does not show after ~ 1 min
3.) Back out
4.) Launch Ranked Wanted
5.) Gets to 4/6 and stall for several minutes(but can hear people talking)
6.) Back out
7.) Launch Player Wanted
8.) Get to 4/6, but hear the same people from the Ranked Wanted lobby talking!
9.) Back out
10.) Launch Ranked Alliance
11.) Remember that no one ever plays alliance and back out
12.) Launch Ranked Manhunt
13.) Get put into an on-going game that is 4vs1, where I kn ow the 4 are a group due to having played the before
14.) Back out
15.) Turn on Netflix

As stated above, it is not sitting and staring at the loading screen(unless I am forced to when needing scores for my Alliance TG).

Two other related issues are even more frustrating to me.

1.) After assemling the group in the lobby I created, I click launch. Inevitably, we lose 1-2 people from the group. Those who are not compatible always message back from the invite that it was "unreachable", so I am not really convinced this is a NAT issue.

2.) After backing out of a game due to not enjoying playing with that particular group of randoms ( lag, R&R, etc) every time I try to goto a new group I get put back into the same lobby. Even when I switch between Player and Ranked.

EscoBlades
02-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by laserjock2003:

1.) After assemling the group in the lobby I created, I click launch. Inevitably, we lose 1-2 people from the group. Those who are not compatible always message back from the invite that it was "unreachable", so I am not really convinced this is a NAT issue.

I'll reply to some other points in due course. However the above has all the hallmarks of a NAT issue. Someone has either Moderate or Strict NAT and just isn't aware of it. It is the biggest reason for parties breaking up, and or getting the "unreachable" message.

Your friends and yourself need to open up every port required for XBL, as well as set up QoS on your respective routers/ modems if they have that function. Lastly, try and avoid sharing your connection with multiple devices when you are gaming. I know that isn't practical for everyone, especially those with families, but it makes a fundamental difference.

db0
02-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Actually there's a good point I wanted to mention that would address slightly both the slow MM and the profiles reset.

Can you please allow it so that someone can edit their profiles while it's looking for a game as well. At least then I could use the 5 minutes it takes to get into my first game to fix my profiles.

El Zo1212o
02-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Since the first time i downloaded the 2nd DLC pack, i had one reset. That came immediately after downloading the DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly the same here- reset once, (although not a full reset- one of my profiles had been only half wiped out) I put them back together, renamed them, and never had another problem with it.

I have no opinion regarding matchmaking or the multiple dlc updates thing.

laserjock2003
02-18-2011, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by laserjock2003:

I'll reply to some other points in due course. However the above has all the hallmarks of a NAT issue. Someone has either Moderate or Strict NAT and just isn't aware of it. It is the biggest reason for parties breaking up, and or getting the "unreachable" message.

Your friends and yourself need to open up every port required for XBL, as well as set up QoS on your respective routers/ modems if they have that function. Lastly, try and avoid sharing your connection with multiple devices when you are gaming. I know that isn't practical for everyone, especially those with families, but it makes a fundamental difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know at least one member gets unreachable almost every time we try to join up, but he is on a shared college connection and no access to his router. I had thought that once every joined it mean they were compatible, but I will forward the NAT topic from this forum to all of my clan-mates and have them verify they are NAT 2 on their PS3.

Thanks for the advice!

Fettsbounty
02-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ElZo1212o:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Since the first time i downloaded the 2nd DLC pack, i had one reset. That came immediately after downloading the DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly the same here- reset once, (although not a full reset- one of my profiles had been only half wiped out) I put them back together, renamed them, and never had another problem with it.

I have no opinion regarding matchmaking or the multiple dlc updates thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I also have only been affected by the profile rest bug once after downloading 2.0 with no reoccurrence afterward. Asfar as matchmaking. I can honestly say I have actually seen faster MM since latest update. Average wait time has gone from 5-10 minutes down to less than 3 minutes. It's rare for me to have to wait 5-10 minutes and if I hit 10 minutes of backing out and trying ranked vs playerill just quit. What I have seen is an increase of joining matches with less than 5 minutes left. It only happened so often before but lately I'm seeing maybe 2/5 games that join with not enough time to really get much done.

biglesias
02-18-2011, 12:10 PM

+1

Serrachio
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by laserjock2003:

Your friends and yourself need to open up every port required for XBL, as well as set up QoS on your respective routers/ modems if they have that function. Lastly, try and avoid sharing your connection with multiple devices when you are gaming. I know that isn't practical for everyone, especially those with families, but it makes a fundamental difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that was the issue, why does it work after you re-invite someone?

If a person had Moderate or Strict NAT, wouldn't they not be able to join at all?

EscoBlades
02-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

If that was the issue, why does it work after you re-invite someone?

If a person had Moderate or Strict NAT, wouldn't they not be able to join at all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderate NAT means that you can join those with Open or Moderate, but not Strict.

Strict NAT prevents you from joining almost anyone, except those on Strict or Moderate as well.

Open means you can join (and host) anyone.

So knowing who has what NAT type, and who is hosting can make a big difference to how often you can party up.

Sprint-Please
02-18-2011, 12:58 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">What Ubisoft needs to do:</span>

1. Merge all DLC to increase number of players as a whole.
2. Enable players to enable/disable specific maps in the options section.
a) If you hate Mont St. Michel, you can disable it.
b) I don't think it would separate players, because the default would be all maps being enabled, and if a player doesn't want to play Monterriggioni, he can be moved to a different room.
3. I hope that the Da Vinci DLC won't categorize all of the people who bought it into one small group, I want to show off my characters too!
4. Fix the Profile Reset glitch, I have been dealing with it since December. Apparently a fix will be released soon; when will us players know what 'soon' means!?

W.E.S.P
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Sprint-Please:
<span class="ev_code_RED">What Ubisoft needs to do:</span>

1. Merge all DLC to increase number of players as a whole.
2. Enable players to enable/disable specific maps in the options section.
a) If you hate Mont St. Michel, you can disable it.
b) I don't think it would separate players, because the default would be all maps being enabled, and if a player doesn't want to play Monterriggioni, he can be moved to a different room.
3. I hope that the Da Vinci DLC won't categorize all of the people who bought it into one small group, I want to show off my characters too!
4. Fix the Profile Reset glitch, I have been dealing with it since December. Apparently a fix will be released soon; when will us players know what 'soon' means!?

. Yep
. Great idea for those that dont wont to play specific maps. The only i would disable is Siena. I like this idea a lot.
. Agreed and again top idea.
. Me to
. Agreed, but I would rather they wait and get it right instead of creating more problems.

E-Zekiel
02-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Agreed with the OP, however I think this will be done with the big DLC in March, tbh.

biglesias
02-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Bump to this... really, really important...

ocaveman282
02-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Merging content would be great!!

I think it should go as far as merging some of the game types as well.

It takes 10 mins + to find a match in alliance. Id say let go of the advanced game types of the less popular games or get rid of the regular game type if the adavanced is most popular. this would reduce the number of ppl.

I'd like to see groups stay together if a party leader backs out. Assymbling a group is very pain staking here. If one locks up then everyone has to back out and reform the group.

Multiplayer is suppose to be group frendly.

Nc darkap89
02-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Yes please. We need it badly.

For the new DLC coming, please include Mont St. Michel and Pienza. Nevermind if are 1+ GB, that's totally normal today.

InfamousiXi
02-22-2011, 08:00 AM
if MSM and pienza isnt in the new dlc than ubisoft has sum problems on there hands

hoserama99
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ocaveman282:
Merging content would be great!!

I think it should go as far as merging some of the game types as well.

It takes 10 mins + to find a match in alliance. Id say let go of the advanced game types of the less popular games or get rid of the regular game type if the adavanced is most popular. this would reduce the number of ppl.

That would be nice. I'd like to see a similar change. For example, let's say I'm itching to play Wanted.

Right now, the pool of wanted players is divided up by the 3 DLC options (none, DLC 1, DLC 2), and further split by Wanted/Advanced Wanted. *That* is further split by ranked/unranked.

What I'd love is the ability to say "I'd prefer ranked Advanced Wanted, but drop me in any other wanted variation if that's not available". It would beat waiting 5 minutes staring at the waiting screen.

cptn_k
02-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by hoserama99:
Right now, the pool of wanted players is divided up by the 3 DLC options (none, DLC 1, DLC 2), and further split by Wanted/Advanced Wanted. *That* is further split by ranked/unranked.

Don't forget the pool of players can only play on one console, at times of day suitable for them.

Thereby reducing the overall 'available pool' before even starting the game.

Maybe someone who is good at maths can do some calculations, based on game unit sales, probable percentage that still play, split by console and taking into account time zones, then worked through to give an approximation of just how many people may be really available?
I'd have a go, but it would hurt my head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

btw I don't think there will be that many

obliviondoll
02-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by cptn_k:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoserama99:

Don't forget the pool of players can only play on one console, at times of day suitable for them.

Thereby reducing the overall 'available pool' before even starting the game.

Maybe someone who is good at maths can do some calculations, based on game unit sales, probable percentage that still play, split by console and taking into account time zones, then worked through to give an approximation of just how many people may be really available?
I'd have a go, but it would hurt my head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

btw I don't think there will be that many </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The little bit of math I've run through in my head just now tells me an appropriate answer.

At any time, the number of players available for a game of ACB in any mode on either console will be:

Approximately **** all. (rounded to the nearest 100, of course)