PDA

View Full Version : The Apple and Constantinople

SteelCity999
09-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I was reading a few books on Byzantium and the siege of 1453 and found a few things interesting. One thing that was mentioned was that there existed a statue of Justinian on a horse holding an orb in his hand (it contained a cross on the top) - much like the POE but with the cross. It was melted down later I believe after the Ottoman conquest. Another interesting note was that the Ottomans referred to Constantinople as the "Apple". After successfully taking the city they referred to Rome as the "Apple". I know it is meant as a metaphor but it is interesting. Constantinople was also the home to the Crown of Thornes, pieces of the True Cross and many other religious artifacts before the city was taken during the 4th Crusade. They were then dispersed throughout Europe. Will Ubi try and tie the Byzantines to this story because they are playing the part of Templars?

Jexx21
09-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Probably.

But Ezio hid the apple in Rome presumably in 1504 or 1507, so the Sixth Apple won't play a big role in ACR, unless Desmond comes out of his coma.

itsamea-mario
09-16-2011, 03:47 PM
New York is also refered to as 'the big apple'.

naran6142
09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
well the Byzantines are tied to the story

Maybe those sites and object have something to do with where the seals are

blazefp
09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
New York is also refered to as 'the big apple'.

My first thought. And the coordinates indicate to NY. Does anyone know any other city that use to be called "the apple" or something like it?

Saqaliba
09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes. The big apple. New York played a big part in the foundation of the 'new world' - USA.

The orb you are refering to, held by Emperor Justinian is known as the Globus cruciger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_cruciger):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Denmark_globus_cruciger2.jpg/170px-Denmark_globus_cruciger2.jpg

Calvarok
09-16-2011, 11:39 PM
We'll have to wait until we know who exactly among the Byzantines is the templar infiltrator that is convincing them to serve the Templar purpose.

I don't think the game will be about another POE, unless that's what's in Altair's library.

AssassinVulpy
09-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe the Apple of Eden and the Globos Cruciger are similar because the producers of AC based the Apple on some real artifacts? I'm sorry if I'm bursting anyone's bubble, but if the POEs did exist, the governments would be the first ones to know, and they would've used their power by now. Unless they're saving it for something bigger...Nuclear war perhaps? This is one of the things that worries me about the new world order. They want to decrease the population, so the world is easier to control. And what's the fastest way of doing that so far? Nuclear bombs.

Originally posted by Saqaliba:
Yes. The big apple. New York played a big part in the foundation of the 'new world'
The new world order? Wouldn't surprise me.