PDA

View Full Version : Altair is a Tank?



Yordakin
10-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Unless the version being showed in the "Montferrat walk-through"was on some type of "god mode" I'm very worried about how tough Altair will be. In said video he takes 5 to 6 sword strikes and one uppercut to the gut (the best shot by far). Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding Altair's apparent longevity in this video?

Dark_zip
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
We dont know it could have been modded since it was a demo

katz_bg
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dark_zip:
We dont know it could have been modded since it was a demo
Yeah, and it didn't even show the key actions on the screen, so it quite possibly be some modification just for the demo (or testing purposes).

ErodeTheSoul
10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I think they've been modding/dumbing down the demos ever since X06, when Patrice died and that sci-fi screen came up that they didn't want to explain. It'll come off as pretty bad if the devs can't even beat their own game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

membernametaken
10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
All hands-on sessions that I have seen have been in God Mode. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

Creepy006
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah could be god mode, but what about losing 1/3 of your health when you kill a citizen?

Im kinda worried about this, I want to die by one hit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

princeofyo
10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Creepy006:

Im kinda worried about this, I want to die by one hit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I suppose they figured the game would be WAY too hard that way.

Creepy006
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I hope there is a hardcore mode then..

DemonikCrow666
10-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I hope there's cheats for this, this really looks liek a game that I would pass until a certain point. So if it had cheats I'd play it on hard and use cheats.

MeAltairLol
10-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Hmm, the only time I would use cheats is when I'm COMPLETELY stuck... I would find that out by retrying the mission lots of times until I finish it, but, in AC's case, there is no linear missions...

For those of you who didn't get it:

Linear Missions = Cheats
AC = No Cheats

Togie-
10-17-2007, 04:21 PM
cheats ruin a game.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

eWaster
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
If I got stuck at a certain point in the game, I would look up the Internet for a FAQ or eventually just a little hint of how to get through that point.

membernametaken
10-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Playing through any game with no outside help is the most rewarding experience you can have.

After all, you payed $60 for it. You may as well figure it out yourself instead of having other people do it (essentially, having them play it) for you.

eWaster
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by membernametaken:
Playing through any game with no outside help is the most rewarding experience you can have.

After all, you payed $60 for it. You may as well figure it out yourself instead of having other people do it (essentially, having them play it) for you.

I was just pointing out that cheating (using cheat codes etc.) would spoil it alot more than searching for a few useful hints of how to get pass a situation you just can't avoid yourself.

eliteassassin69
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
ya im 89% sure its god mode. if it wasnt it would be annoying for the people in hands on

saros.exe
10-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey! Once I beat AC 14 times http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif , I will look up all the cheats on the net and abuse them to have even more fun. I mean it ain't supposed to be there, but what if when you finish the game enough times you type in a cheat that would give Altair a machinegun of some sort. That kind of things ruins the games sometimes, I know, but it would SURELY be fun in 1191

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

HasashinsHand
10-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by princeofyo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Creepy006:

Im kinda worried about this, I want to die by one hit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I suppose they figured the game would be WAY too hard that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nah, I think that they turned on God mode so the Sci-fi screen wouldn't show up. Wouldn't look too good to have the deloper leaking a plot point onstage http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Toyotama
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
Hmm, the only time I would use cheats is when I'm COMPLETELY stuck... I would find that out by retrying the mission lots of times until I finish it, but, in AC's case, there is no linear missions...

Well, if you're COMPLETELY stuck, then you can just leave that mission and do another one and come back when you think you can do it...

Hassan-Sabbah
10-17-2007, 07:47 PM
In my opinion, cheats are for "fun"...to fool around in the game, but on "serious" play, they seem pointless. Why play at all?

I DO hope that they have cheat codes (either as a reward for completion or straight up), so when I do complete the game I can wreak some havok! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

AldirTheKnight
10-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Big Heads and Spawn Jetpack?

Hassan-Sabbah
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
Big Heads and Spawn Jetpack?

Turbo-boost horse? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

eliteassassin69
10-17-2007, 11:32 PM
now your talking lol

or a cross bow or sniper rifel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SixWon85
10-17-2007, 11:43 PM
I know I will not give up on this game if I somehow become stuck. I'm pretty sure that I will be playing this game for a long long time, because there is no time limit for when you need to complete your tasks. At first, I am going to cruise the cities, checking out everything they have to offer. Could come to an advantage too once I start the missions. Being comfortable with my areas is the most important tool for an assassin.

I hope that you don't lose life when killing (purposely or accidently) a citizen, because I may want to kill one from time to time. If I'm walking the streets and someone bumps into me in a way I don't like, I would like to turn around and stab him/her in the throat with my hidden knife.

Freefall69
10-18-2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah im pretty sure it was some sort of god mode, or even just modded to take less health. They were after all trying to show the 3 main process' in the game, the ivestigation, assassination and escape. It would be soooo annoying if you had an audience and you showed the first 2 parts, and then got killed so you couldnt show the escape until you did again and succeeded. And especially when the escape is the most talked about part...

Cheats are cool for after you complete a game. I liked the 'Key to the city' download thing for crackdown, i thought that was a great idea.

filthywalrus
10-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Go back and watch the X06 demo, at the end during the fight scene you will see that one hit is enough to take Altair out, that should alleviate any concerns you might have about the game being too easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wish more of the combat system naysayers would watch that X06 vid and see why they made the combat AI like they did.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM&mode=related&search= Link to video

dragfindel
10-18-2007, 05:23 AM
yeah he is a tank he draws all the aggro to him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
(you know what i mean if you played an mmorpg

RetiredHatch
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
haha funny http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Karl_93
10-18-2007, 11:56 AM
im gonna go need for speed style and memorise all the cities... though its gonna be 30x harder since its non linear pathways and 3d not just one road... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ah well gonna try anywayz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Greenman2000
10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Come on Altair is a master assassins hes gonna know all the moves and stuff the crusaders are no match for him lol

Rochnan
10-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Karl_93:
im gonna go need for speed style and memorise all the cities... though its gonna be 30x harder since its non linear pathways and 3d not just one road... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ah well gonna try anywayz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Yeah, it's going to be a real challenge to find the best route for a speedrun. On the other hand, when going for the speedrun, you can really choose the path that plays to your personal strengths.

Yordakin
10-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by filthywalrus:
Go back and watch the X06 demo, at the end during the fight scene you will see that one hit is enough to take Altair out, that should alleviate any concerns you might have about the game being too easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wish more of the combat system naysayers would watch that X06 vid and see why they made the combat AI like they did.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM&mode=related&search= Link to video

You are correct, I should've listened and looked more carefully.

the_assassin_07
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
In my opinion, cheats are for "fun"...to fool around in the game, but on "serious" play, they seem pointless. Why play at all?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif.

That's what I do...

Especially in GTA lol.