PDA

View Full Version : How to bind to joystick ID2?

t_y_chan
10-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi UBI Tech Support/fellow pilots,

I have a Logitech gamepad & a Saitek X45 joystick/HOTAS plugged into my PC. In Windows XP's "Game Controller" control panel, the Logitech gamepad's alway recognized as "Joystick ID1" and my Saitek X45 as "Joystick ID2". I see no option to switch them around. (except that I can select the Saitek X45 as the "Prefered device for older programs")

Apparently PF doesn't have an option to select which game controller to use. While it's able to bind some commands to Joystick ID2's buttons, it always default the stick/throttle/rudder controls to "Joystick ID 1".

Is there a way I can have PF use my Saitek (joystick ID2) HOTAS to control the planes instead of the gamepad? I can't easily plug/unplug the gamepad everytime before I launch the game....

Please help!

t_y_chan
10-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi UBI Tech Support/fellow pilots,

I have a Logitech gamepad & a Saitek X45 joystick/HOTAS plugged into my PC. In Windows XP's "Game Controller" control panel, the Logitech gamepad's alway recognized as "Joystick ID1" and my Saitek X45 as "Joystick ID2". I see no option to switch them around. (except that I can select the Saitek X45 as the "Prefered device for older programs")

Apparently PF doesn't have an option to select which game controller to use. While it's able to bind some commands to Joystick ID2's buttons, it always default the stick/throttle/rudder controls to "Joystick ID 1".

Is there a way I can have PF use my Saitek (joystick ID2) HOTAS to control the planes instead of the gamepad? I can't easily plug/unplug the gamepad everytime before I launch the game....

Please help!

Maximus_G
10-21-2004, 06:32 PM
It shouldn't be more difficult in PF than in AEP.
I've got 3 joys installed, each one's axis used in game. All ya have to do is just click at the control you want at the config's "HOTAS" section and then just move the axis of preferred device (either upwards or downwards movement, by which you can invert the axis).

Your device axis mapping is stated then at the [HotKey move] section of "Users\0\settings.ini".

But response curves of all devices except the first are edited manually, in the config file (conf.ini, [rts_joystick] section). You can find that out by yourself, just dig in the file and look for the lines "0 10 20 30 .." and "0 100 100 .. 100 0".

t_y_chan
10-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Thanks, Maximus_G!

Yup! I can set bind the controls to the Saitek X45 from the HOTAS section. But it's waaaay too sensitive by default. Time to dig in to the .ini files!

Again, thanks!