PDA

View Full Version : Online game dont show correct enemy position

jugent
12-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Tonight I was on warclouds, and my shooting was very bad, as usual.

I flew the D-9 1945, Mg set to 500m and guns to 250.

My ping was betwean 90 to 101. Framerate was steady around 80f ps and my delay 50ms. My modem-settings was set to DSL and I got a 24Mbit/sec ADSL connection.

I started to take a track to scrutinize my shooting.
This happend on two occasions.

When I looked at it, it became clear, I sneaked in from behind at perfect 6`aclock, got the target perfect in my sight at aprox 250 m straight line a bit below, his 6- clock I fired and the enemy didnt notice my fire.

It became clear, all my projectiles and shells passed below him, I got him perfect in my sight.
From my view, the tracers was all over him.
I corrected my aim by getting my aimpoint above him I saw my tracers pass above him, but small explosions on the plane showed hits.

Afterwards I checked my hit-stats and I hat fired 627 shots hit air-targets with 38 hits.

Ive had fired on two more occasions head to head but I didnt get any visual hits on the enemies.

I collided with two of them, and when I looked at the track it seemed as if the enemy aircraft made a sudden sidestep just in front of me, I thought that I should pass above him.

In both cases my aircraft was nihilated direct, and his aircraft flew on and exploded after 10-15 seconds.

From now on I shall put my aimingpoint above the target.

jugent
12-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Tonight I was on warclouds, and my shooting was very bad, as usual.

I flew the D-9 1945, Mg set to 500m and guns to 250.

My ping was betwean 90 to 101. Framerate was steady around 80f ps and my delay 50ms. My modem-settings was set to DSL and I got a 24Mbit/sec ADSL connection.

I started to take a track to scrutinize my shooting.
This happend on two occasions.

When I looked at it, it became clear, I sneaked in from behind at perfect 6`aclock, got the target perfect in my sight at aprox 250 m straight line a bit below, his 6- clock I fired and the enemy didnt notice my fire.

It became clear, all my projectiles and shells passed below him, I got him perfect in my sight.
From my view, the tracers was all over him.
I corrected my aim by getting my aimpoint above him I saw my tracers pass above him, but small explosions on the plane showed hits.

Afterwards I checked my hit-stats and I hat fired 627 shots hit air-targets with 38 hits.

Ive had fired on two more occasions head to head but I didnt get any visual hits on the enemies.

I collided with two of them, and when I looked at the track it seemed as if the enemy aircraft made a sudden sidestep just in front of me, I thought that I should pass above him.

In both cases my aircraft was nihilated direct, and his aircraft flew on and exploded after 10-15 seconds.

From now on I shall put my aimingpoint above the target.

danjama
12-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Got Track?

Kuna15
12-04-2005, 03:31 PM
I understand you but is it possible that you have travelled on very high speed and target on decent speed so your bullets were affected by gravity. ShVAK are not affected by gravity so fast like MG131/151.

But it is weird that your bullets were passing above target yet you saw hits... like Dan says do you happen to have a track?

hobnail
12-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Tracks don't work well on Warclouds. Sparx believes this is due to the effect of net settings of the server and the number of clients connected (often those clients have low speed connects which add to the lag) on the packet recording method of ntrks.

Kuna15
12-04-2005, 05:13 PM
I get reccomendation that if more than 20 players or so are on server than 14.4k should be used for net speed. No more than 28k at any time on server with many players.

Tully__
12-05-2005, 12:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hobnail:
Tracks don't work well on Warclouds. Sparx believes this is due to the effect of net settings of the server and the number of clients connected (often those clients have low speed connects which add to the lag) on the packet recording method of ntrks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tracks don't work well in any multiplayer server. You'll nearly always see misses where you actually hit or vice versa. Tracks will give a good general idea what's going on but can't be relied on to tell the whole truth when it comes to gunnery.

hobnail
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Not true, pre-4.02 I got some really good footage on the Warbirds of Prey servers and even now I get some great footage from the Australian Skies server.

Check my small but burgeoning collection of guncam footage (taken online only) here (http://www.putfile.com/hobnail). The most recent video, Bf109G-10-v-Spitfiresx2 (http://media.putfile.com/Squadmate-Goggo-bags-a-pair-of-Spits) was taken on Aus-Skies with at least 20 pilots. I get &lt;80 ping with good connection quality to this server, I think that makes all the difference.