PDA

View Full Version : User-made aircraft will be allowed in BoB - Oleg interview in PC Pilot.

major_setback
01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I posted this in General Discussion, but thought that it was important enough to warrant a post in this forum too.

Oleg was interviewed (a full 2 pages) in the latest edition of PC Pilot. Most of what he said has been heard before, but I thought you'd all like to hear this:

OLEG questioned on SoW, BoB:

Q: "Can you tell us a little about the structure of the new sim"?

Oleg: "It will include all modes that we have seen in IL2 series, plus a few new ones, both for single and online play.
Within online gameplay we will once again place emphasis on preventing cheating. But because we will be allowing users to create their own aircraft, this will present new challenges. Online gameplay will remain under our strict control; third party models will be used within online gameplay in seperate modes, and there will also be modes that will only use our standard 'Oleg-approved' object set."

Also-

Oleg (Oleg is listing goals for the new sim...) : "To increase the expandability of the project. IL2 was one of the few flight sims that had built-in expandability. However users had to wait to see if we were to model their favorite aircraft. With BoB we plan to adress that issue. After release of the Battle of Britain, we plan to release free tools that willl allow third party developers to incorporate their own models of aircraft, objects and maps into our new sim system. However their will be restrictions on their use, especially online to prevent cheating. And if we see that some of the user-made models are up to our standards, we will offer the developer the opportunity to include their work in our standard object set, so they are available to everyone without restrictions. At least, this is the general idea. I can't tell yet if we can make it work, but we will certainly do everything we can to make it possible".

Time to start modelling!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Signaurepic004BESTframe014small.jpg
<span class="ev_code_PINK">My Aim is True.</span>

major_setback
01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I posted this in General Discussion, but thought that it was important enough to warrant a post in this forum too.

Oleg was interviewed (a full 2 pages) in the latest edition of PC Pilot. Most of what he said has been heard before, but I thought you'd all like to hear this:

OLEG questioned on SoW, BoB:

Q: "Can you tell us a little about the structure of the new sim"?

Oleg: "It will include all modes that we have seen in IL2 series, plus a few new ones, both for single and online play.
Within online gameplay we will once again place emphasis on preventing cheating. But because we will be allowing users to create their own aircraft, this will present new challenges. Online gameplay will remain under our strict control; third party models will be used within online gameplay in seperate modes, and there will also be modes that will only use our standard 'Oleg-approved' object set."

Also-

Oleg (Oleg is listing goals for the new sim...) : "To increase the expandability of the project. IL2 was one of the few flight sims that had built-in expandability. However users had to wait to see if we were to model their favorite aircraft. With BoB we plan to adress that issue. After release of the Battle of Britain, we plan to release free tools that willl allow third party developers to incorporate their own models of aircraft, objects and maps into our new sim system. However their will be restrictions on their use, especially online to prevent cheating. And if we see that some of the user-made models are up to our standards, we will offer the developer the opportunity to include their work in our standard object set, so they are available to everyone without restrictions. At least, this is the general idea. I can't tell yet if we can make it work, but we will certainly do everything we can to make it possible".

Time to start modelling!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Signaurepic004BESTframe014small.jpg
<span class="ev_code_PINK">My Aim is True.</span>