PDA

View Full Version : Map Editor

OmegaZoa
10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
YUP, i still cant find it, can someone tell me how to getting there..program per program. i neeed stepz

MoltenDragon
10-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I have that same problem. Canīt find Heroes VI map editor.
I bought Steam version and did not find any link or possibility to start it.

Anyone know if it is possible or will be some day?

mikkelgro
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I've looked at both a normal installed game purchased from UbiStore, and one from Steam. The file you're looking for is called Editor.exe, and is located in the same folder as the main game executable. It may work simply to search for 'Editor.exe' and with luck it'll pop up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now, I have not been able to locate the scenario files the came with the game release. Anyone who knows where they are?

Cheers.

kohansey
10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
the release scenarios are archived into the .orc data files. You won't be able to modify them unless you can figure out how to un-archive .orc

OmegaZoa
10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
found it, but its kinda funky..

eaab
10-18-2011, 03:39 PM
map editor along w/ game exe are in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common(or sometimes \steamusername)\might and magic vi

making a shortcut to the game exe is helpful because then you can run the game w/out having to run steam first.

Snerf17
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
I opened up the editor but cannot seem to find out where the skirmish map files are downloaded to.

Are you able to edit the packed maps like previous heroes games?

MoltenDragon
10-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks! Very helpful.