PDA

View Full Version : FPS drop when looking in certain directions?

anakinsywalker
03-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey guys, first thread I've made here.

Basically, I've got this weird issue with my frame rate while playing this game, and it's happened with AC2 as well. Whenever I put on AA, and look in a certain direction, depending on whether im on a roof etc, the framerate dips to 40 fps from 60. Now I know 40 fps may sound not so bad, but it happens so frequently that it becomes incredibly distracting when turning the camera. The FPS without AA is 60 at all times, but when I put on even 2xAA, it still drops to 40 when looking in some directions. Never below 40, it's like it's locked that way.

I was wondering if anyone could chime in some help, as it's kinda annoying. It's certainly not game breaking, and 40fps is fine here and there, but when it constantly happens when I turn in the camera to look in a particular direction, it's not very nice. Plus I've just upgraded, so I don't understand why this is happening.

My specs are:
Radeon HD 5870 GPU
4 gigs of G.Skill Ripjaw Memory
Intel Core I5 2500k CPU @ 3.30ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO P67 Motherboard

Thanks a lot!

Murcuseo
03-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Just a suggestion.

On the off chance your AA settings are in conflict with your Catalyst settings, open CCC and check the 'Use Applications Settings' boxes are ticked in the '3D Application Settings' tab.

anakinsywalker
03-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yup, I've already done that, all my settings are default. No AA is present. :/

I just reinstalled my drivers and still no luck. It's real frustrating, since it doesn't seem to be a wide spread issue.

I really hope I can get it fixed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif