PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft doesn't know the first thing about multiplayer

DOUGIVUP
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
just a few tips to make your multi-player actually worth a damn:
1-Let the runners defend themselves, there is no point in trying to be stealthy when u already know that your target can't do anything to defend himself once you close in on him. Even if you just sped up the time it takes to bash someone it would be a slight move in the right direction.
2-Make the pre-game lobby more accessible. What the hell is the point of making it to where once someone selects their character and profile set they can't go back and change them until they die? What if someone accidentally selected a running class when they are the hunters in manhunt? They won't die for the whole game, even if they're stunned 50 times. so they're just stuck with practically no equipment.
Even just fixing these things in a patch would be a start, otherwise you will keep losing your online base. After all-who wants to play a game where the odds are stacked up against you so heavily you can do nothing but die?

beacuase...
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DOUGIVUP:
1-Let the runners defend themselves, there is no point in trying to be stealthy when u already know that your target can't do anything to defend himself once you close in on him. Even if you just sped up the time it takes to bash someone it would be a slight move in the right direction.

No, stunning is fine. What are you talking about, they can't do anything? If they know who their pursuer is, then they have a safe 3 metre circle around them because all they have to do is drop a smoke bomb, stun him, and leave.

2-Make the pre-game lobby more accessible. What the hell is the point of making it to where once someone selects their character and profile set they can't go back and change them until they die? What if someone accidentally selected a running class when they are the hunters in manhunt? They won't die for the whole game, even if they're stunned 50 times. so they're just stuck with practically no equipment.

Well, I agree with you that should be able to change your class set at any time during the match. Like a desync, choose your class, spawn somewhere new. But in manhunt after you get stunned, you can press triangle or Y and it will desync you.

This absolutely reeks of somebody that just got completely smashed online and of course, it's UBISOFTS fault. How DARE they make this game too hard for DOUGIVUP to play! Don't they know he's the most important person in the world? Screw everybody else, who cares if they're fine with the game?! Fix it for DOUGIVUP!

FireTempest00
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I would prefer you used spaces and paragraphs so I can more clearly understand you.

Crumplecorn
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM

keep losing your online base [citation needed]

dboates
01-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Defending yourself isn't that hard once you get used to it. You need to be clever about it though. There's some good players who post videos on YouTube, check out how they play defence.

Also, the point of being stealthy is points, not getting past someone's defence (although it can help that too). You get points for killing people stealthily and for tricking someone into killing the wrong person.

The second point is valid I guess.

trikky d
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
In response:

1 - Let the Runners defend themselves...

Not sure what you mean here.

2 - If you choose the wrong profile set when you're a hunter in Manhunt, if you get stunned, you can press the Y button (xbox360) or triangle button (ps3), and you will be taken back to the profile set selection.

EscoBlades
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
LOL @ the title of this thread.

Ubisoft Montral + Annecy have been manking multiplayer games probably longer than you've been playing video games in general. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Gabelous01
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
He IS aware the "classes" are simply character models and they are all the same in terms of running/walking speed, jumping, assassination range, etc.?

Or is he talking about profiles? I wouldn't think so, he sounds like someone who just picked up the game and at that point you only have one profile to choose from for a while.

obliviondoll
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
1. You're right. Getting an extra 1000 points for a kill is DEFINITELY not good enough incentive to be stealthy. My hidden/incognito/poison/variety kill isn't anywhere near as valuable as getting 5 chase kills for 100 points each, which takes about the same amount of time.

And the point of stun isn't to go "hey, there's my pursuer, I'll go punch him in the face" - it lets you say "Hah! Now to rub it in that he doesn't know who he's after!"

2. The lobby does need work, but in Manhunt, you CAN desync (Triangle on PS3, Y on XBox 360) when you're stunned, so you CAN change profile sets.

I don't think allowing mid-match desyncs is a good idea though - would be abused - people would see a pursuer, then desync so they can't get the kill.

Xz SyKoTiiK zX
01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I lol'd reading this post.

MAGIKAHN77
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
im just replying to add replies so this thread looks important, dont mind me.

beacuase...
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
You don't need it in games where you have pursuers, because you can change classes when you die. I was talking about the modes like Manhunt and Chest Capture, so you wouldn't have to go and purposely get stunned just to choose a new class.

papartusedmcrsk
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I don't think allowing mid-match desyncs is a good idea though - would be abused - people would see a pursuer, then desync so they can't get the kill.

This x638.

InfamousiXi
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
atleat make a pregame lobby shet

DOUGIVUP
01-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Yes stealth kills are easy to do and it's easy to juke and hide from a pursuer. What about when you throw a smoke bomb and someone calmly walks right through it and stabs you? What about when someone cougar leaps 30 feet to kill you? And Wzu_ or whatever your name is, yeah I was mad when i posted this, but at the same time i wasn't someone who just got smashed online. My worst game the day I posted this was 12 kills/6 deaths. My best game that day was 27 kills/2 deaths, most of them stealth, I can hold my own online. Even through me being in first place on every scoreboard of every game these inconsistencies still irritate me.

BeCk41
01-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I guess that's what makes it all the more challenging, making right decisions & playing well. I really think the multiplayer for this game was just an experiment to see whether this game would even be popular as a 1st multiplayer for the series.

Phyxsius-
01-30-2011, 09:02 PM
My best game that day was 27 kills/2 deaths, most of them stealth, I can hold my own online. Even through me being in first place on every scoreboard of every game these inconsistencies still irritate me.

27 kills in one game most stealth? Allow me to say, from the bottom of my little black heart: You, sir, are a liar!

A good way to establish respect: lie about yourself and necro your own thread...

AuraKurai
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My best game that day was 27 kills/2 deaths, most of them stealth, I can hold my own online. Even through me being in first place on every scoreboard of every game these inconsistencies still irritate me.

27 kills in one game most stealth? Allow me to say, from the bottom of my little black heart: You, sir, are a liar!

A good way to establish respect: lie about yourself and necro your own thread... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonononono, This guy is Uber ****in Pro! rofl.
27 kills LOL. And yes it was stealth, im Sure of it, you know, hes hiding in a rooftop with the gun, so yeah, hidden = stealthy.

DraconicDak
01-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Yes stealth kills are easy to do and it's easy to juke and hide from a pursuer. What about when you throw a smoke bomb and someone calmly walks right through it and stabs you? What about when someone cougar leaps 30 feet to kill you? And Wzu_ or whatever your name is, yeah I was mad when i posted this, but at the same time i wasn't someone who just got smashed online. My worst game the day I posted this was 12 kills/6 deaths. My best game that day was 27 kills/2 deaths, most of them stealth, I can hold my own online. Even through me being in first place on every scoreboard of every game these inconsistencies still irritate me.
You do realize that even with no deaths, 27 kills in a 10 minute match translates to a kill, on average, every 22 seconds?

I call BS.

cptn_k
01-31-2011, 04:15 AM
My best game that day was 27 kills/2 deaths, most of them stealth

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Really?!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Would be interesting to know your score for that session...

If you are really playing 'stealthy' (incognito/silent/hidden kills) then you should have at least a 400 point kill average for the game (not including +750 or x2), this would give you a score of at least 10800 points.
I would assume that by playing 'stealthy' you would have the +750 bonus for 5x silent kills.
Therefore another 3750 points should be assumed. Given your low death rate, I will assume that any x2 loss streak wouldn't apply.

This gives a grand total of at least 14500 points...

-Proof please-

JP-63
01-31-2011, 04:58 AM
OP: wow! 1st on every leaderboard!

All other posters: shall we finish feeding the troll?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Airwinz
01-31-2011, 05:01 AM
Nice fail thread you have got going on here FYI you can change your class mid game when you get stunned simply press Y or triangle are you just upset because you suck hard at this game?

tallinn1960
01-31-2011, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My best game that day was 27 kills/2 deaths, most of them stealth, I can hold my own online. Even through me being in first place on every scoreboard of every game these inconsistencies still irritate me.

A good way to establish respect: lie about yourself and necro your own thread... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he really said was that his death's were stealth... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I believe that.

nik1226
01-31-2011, 06:41 AM
just a few tips to make your multi-player actually worth a damn:
Even just fixing these things in a patch would be a start, otherwise you will keep losing your online base. After all-who wants to play a game where the odds are stacked up against you so heavily you can do nothing but die?
ohai i play cod and other games fail :3

Daveskie
01-31-2011, 06:47 AM

Just LOL at this and ROFL and PMSL, you sir need to come and play me, I want to see how you really play because I smell something fishy here.

SolidSage
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Who hates on a MP game that they are so flippin good at?
There's only one kind of logic here that I can understand OP and that is that you created this silly thread just to stir up the hive. Well done, hope the honey tastes good, now run like the wind!

Daveskie
01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
I think I know how he works. He sits on a roof with his noob gun and noob Templar vision, thinks he's being stealthy and racks up his 100 point kills.

But seriously, kills/deaths mean nothing in this game and so it's pointless posting them. I have won a match with on one kill (+ stuns, lures ect.) Your match scores would be better or maybe your ashamed of them.

SolidSage
01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
@ Daveskie

I'm a big fan of the Kill/Death ratio, its a leaderboard statistic and I find it more fun than playing for an XP win total that counts towards nothing.
I'm also a fan of the stun ratio/total leaderboard.
I don't see a difference in winning a game with 1 kill or 15, if you win you win, how is losing contracts to get a 2xmultiplier poison combo bonus any more skillful than eliminating a large amount of contracts? The gun is easy but the reload time is ridiculous so there's hardly any way you are getting 15 kills in a match with it alone.
Someone do the math, how many gun kills are possible in ten minutes without the rrgun reward?

cptn_k
01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
*does maths* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

taking the rrgun is available after 50 second cooldown (think that's right, haven't looked), and it takes on average 10 seconds to find each target, then the answer is 10

*takes bow, ahem*

Rainie
01-31-2011, 03:49 PM
With overall cooldowns you can take 10 seconds off, so it could be a 40 second cooldown

obliviondoll
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by cptn_k:
*does maths* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

taking the rrgun is available after 50 second cooldown (think that's right, haven't looked), and it takes on average 10 seconds to find each target, then the answer is 10

*takes bow, ahem*
That would be great, if it wasn't "WITHOUT the RR Gun"

And if you weren't able to track your target down while waiting for the gun to reload.

Regular gun is 90 seconds.

Overall Cooldowns reduces by 10 seconds.

So 80 seconds between shots.

Works out to 8 shots in 10mins with 40 seconds to spend aiming and waiting for shots.

Realistically, though, assuming you can track down your targets while the gun's on cooldown, and line the shot up reasonably soon after cooldown, I woudn't expect someone without RR Gun to get more than 7 kills with it.

cptn_k
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
*hangs head in shame*

that'll teach me not to check first

Avl521
01-31-2011, 04:51 PM
OMG 27 stealth kills dude you are god!

/sarcasm.

Obvious troll. oh look he's at the top of the leaderboards! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif