PDA

View Full Version : Altair carrying Al Mualim's body in the trailer...

johnnyhayek
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
In the latest story trailer, a segment is shown where Altair carries Al Mualim's body. Is this directly after he kills him, or what? Because I just remembered that he killed him in the gardens behind the fortress, whereas here, we see his body lying inside the fortress, and then, Altair approaches his body and carries it away there. What do you think? What is he doing? Burying him maybe? Or exposing his body to the people of Masyaf perhaps...

ShaneO7K
10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I suspect it's right after AC1, and I think it would go against Altair's respect for the dead to just mockingly show case his former masters body to the whole of Masyaf.

reach2001
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
i love halo and assasians creed and call of duty

reini03
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by reach2001:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7668/storiabuonafratello.jpg

LightRey
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
That's what I was thinking. It seems quite likely and I'm kinda hoping that it's true, because I always wondered just what exactly happened right after the end of AC1.

ShaneO7K
10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by reach2001:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Mind = Blown.

ShaneO7K
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7668/storiabuonafratello.jpg

Ezio's [comment removed] face.

johnnyhayek
10-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
That's what I was thinking. It seems quite likely and I'm kinda hoping that it's true, because I always wondered just what exactly happened right after the end of AC1.

Me too. I always wanted to see what happens after Altair and Malik saw the Apple's map. I hope this is that scene, cause if it is, it looks amazing!

reach2001
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
um guys why are you saying what i originly writed

LightRey
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Anyways, to answer your question, I think he's just carrying him off to (eventually) bury him. Alta´r had the greatest respect for Al Mualim and, even though he turned out to be a Templar (of sorts), he's sad about his death.

Mr_Shade
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Anyways, to answer your question, I think he's just carrying him off to (eventually) bury him. Alta´r had the greatest respect for Al Mualim and, even though he turned out to be a Templar (of sorts), he's sad about his death. indeed - I suspect that to be correct..

I don't know though, but it is in keeping with Altair's values.

Grandmaster_Z
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
will be cool to find out...

misusel
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
hmm, guys correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt they say that Altair here is right before the AC1..???so if he is back than, Al-Mualim isnt dead, maybe wounded or something..!

LightRey
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by misusel:
hmm, guys correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt they say that Altair here is right before the AC1..???so if he is back than, Al-Mualim isnt dead, maybe wounded or something..!
Not all of the memories are. At least one of them is during his time as an old grandmaster of the order.

reini03
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by misusel:
They did say that, but this applies to the demo they showed us at gamescom/PAX. That is part of the first seal, but... we have five of them, each containing different parts of Altair's life. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

misusel
10-05-2011, 11:37 AM
yes u r right, we saw the robes he will be wearing...but i still think that maybe Al-Mualim isnt dead there..!

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Al Mualim died in the courtyard of the fortress, in the trailer, we see Al Mualim's body lying at the steps going towards the courtyard door and then Alta´r picks him up....kinda confused...

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I know this is a minor detail but every time I watch that trailer I think, Why is Al Mualim laying on the floor in the fortress when Altair killed him outside in the garden? did he carry him into the fortress, lay him down, then picked him back up to bring him to his burial spot? I guess the garden is like 2 feet from the fortress floor there but it always crosses my mind.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I know this is a minor detail but every time I watch that trailer I think, Why is Al Mualim laying on the floor in the fortress when Altair killed him outside in the garden? did he carry him into the fortress, lay him down, then picked him back up to bring him to his burial spot? I guess the garden is like 2 feet from the fortress floor there but it always crosses my mind.
Beat you to it :P Yeah, maybe he isn't dead? or Maybe it's just there for the sake of the trailer? Like how Mr.Leandros' dialog has changed in this trailer when he tells the guards to not leave their position.

[edit to update avatar]

misusel
10-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Beat you to it :P Yeah, maybe he isn't dead? or Maybe it's just there for the sake of the trailer? Like how Mr.Leandros' dialog has changed in this trailer when he tells the guards to not leave their position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i think he didnt say not to leave their position, but not to leave until Ezio is dead..!

Animuses
10-05-2011, 01:49 PM
@MagnifyHope
*La buona storia

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 02:19 PM
i think he didnt say not to leave their position, but not to leave until Ezio is dead..!
Dude...that's obvious, read the sentence first, it clearly shows I'm indicating roughly at the dialog, not saying the exact words -___-

Sarari
10-05-2011, 02:36 PM
To be honest, I don't think that Al Mualim was dead in that video. Because as other people said, he killed him outside in the garden. And he probably didn't just leave his body next to the stairs after he killed him.

Dagio12
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't think its a far stretch to think Altair carried him from the garden and placed him down, for whatever reason, by the stairs... And then picked him back up to carry him wherever.. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Randy 355
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Well, I imagine after the fight Altair was handling the apple. Likely, Malik (well, not Malik lol) and some other assassins moved the body inside to be dealt with later.

There's some speculation.

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree with Croson. Altiar would probably want to examine the apple and find a way to destroy it before he used it for knowledge.

LightRey
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I agree with Croson. Altiar would probably want to examine the apple and find a way to destroy it before he used it for knowledge.
Actually, I think the codex is pretty clear on the fact that it took quite a while (during which Alta´r spent much time researching the apple) before Alta´r actually made the decision of destroying the apple.

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Actually, I think the codex is pretty clear on the fact that it took quite a while (during which Alta´r spent much time researching the apple) before Alta´r actually made the decision of destroying the apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, maybe.

LightRey
10-05-2011, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Actually, I think the codex is pretty clear on the fact that it took quite a while (during which Alta´r spent much time researching the apple) before Alta´r actually made the decision of destroying the apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the answer now. I know the truth. I shall not touch that wretched thing again. Best that no one do, now or ever. I have tried - at last ľ to destroy it, but it will neither bend nor break nor melt.
Page 26 of the codex. It took him even longer than I expected.

misusel
10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i think he didnt say not to leave their position, but not to leave until Ezio is dead..!
Dude...that's obvious, read the sentence first, it clearly shows I'm indicating roughly at the dialog, not saying the exact words -___- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>dont call me dude please...i hate that word..!

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Hmm, maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the answer now. I know the truth. I shall not touch that wretched thing again. Best that no one do, now or ever. I have tried - at last ľ to destroy it, but it will neither bend nor break nor melt.
Page 26 of the codex. It took him even longer than I expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man, I'm so annoyed that Altair knows the crazy purpose of the Apple and we don't!!!

Moultonborough
10-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Hopefully not for long. It's only about 5 weeks away now.

kriegerdesgottes
10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
5 weeks 6 days too long http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Sarari
10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
5 weeks 6 days too long http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
^^this

archie7272
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Maybe Al Mualim passed out in the castle after a hard night of drinking in Masyaf.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by archie7272:
Maybe Al Mualim passed out in the castle after a hard night of drinking in Masyaf.
Wasn't he a Muslim? I don't think he ever drank any alcohol.

...maybe someone drugged him? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Toxotes47
10-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Didn't we hear Al-Mualim's words in the background when Altair was striding towards the apple at the end? Maybe Al-Mualim wasn't dead until they reached inside the fortress.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Taxotes319:
Didn't we hear Al-Mualim's words in the background when Altair was striding towards the apple at the end? Maybe Al-Mualim wasn't dead until they reached inside the fortress.
But wasn't the gate closed? On the other hand, who knows just how intricate Al Mualim's illusions were.

Toxotes47
10-06-2011, 02:01 AM
But wasn't the gate closed? On the other hand, who knows just how intricate Al Mualim's illusions were.

Well Malik and the other assassins came running into the garden when the apple revealed that map, so the gate must be opened by then. The thing I never understood though that why did the apple revealed the map exactly at that point?

LightRey
10-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Taxotes319:

Well Malik and the other assassins came running into the garden when the apple revealed that map, so the gate must be opened by then. The thing I never understood though that why did the apple revealed the map exactly at that point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My best guess would be that it was all part of the grand plan of TWCB. Other than that, I have no clue.

ProletariatPleb
10-06-2011, 04:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:

Well Malik and the other assassins came running into the garden when the apple revealed that map, so the gate must be opened by then. The thing I never understood though that why did the apple revealed the map exactly at that point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My best guess would be that it was all part of the grand plan of TWCB. Other than that, I have no clue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My best guess is because it sensed presence of a descendant of eve?

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:

My best guess would be that it was all part of the grand plan of TWCB. Other than that, I have no clue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My best guess is because it sensed presence of a descendant of eve? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt that. I really think there are too many descendants of Eve for that to be the cause.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 04:51 AM
5 weeks? more like 7 for me.

Anyway, It looked like the apple was showing the modern day borders of countries. I think there was a program in it set to activate at that time because if TWCB knew that Desmond would be reliving Ezio's memories, they probably knew he would be reliving Altiar's.

I really want the Nexus point to be when Ezio's, Altiar's, and Desmond's personas all separate, and then they'll be able to talk. Sort of like how Subject 16 can talk to Desmond, the imprints of Ezio an Altiar would be able to talk to Desmond. I would love that. 3 people living in a machine, yea-ha!

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:59 AM
5 weeks? more like 7 for me.

Anyway, It looked like the apple was showing the modern day borders of countries. I think there was a program in it set to activate at that time because if TWCB knew that Desmond would be reliving Ezio's memories, they probably knew he would be reliving Altiar's.

I really want the Nexus point to be when Ezio's, Altiar's, and Desmond's personas all separate, and then they'll be able to talk. Sort of like how Subject 16 can talk to Desmond, the imprints of Ezio an Altiar would be able to talk to Desmond. I would love that. 3 people living in a machine, yea-ha!
I agree on both counts. I wonder why TWCB put it in there though. Why would they want both the Templars and Desmond to know about the locations of the PoE's instead of just Desmond?

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Maybe they can't see the exact future? They just knew he would be reliving Ezio's and Altiar's memories and that he would be 'The Chosen One'.

ProletariatPleb
10-06-2011, 05:06 AM
I doubt that. I really think there are too many descendants of Eve for that to be the cause.

Well, basically what I'm trying to imply is that those who have that 'sixth' sense...the eagle vision/sense, getting it?

I agree on both counts. I wonder why TWCB put it in there though. Why would they want both the Templars and Desmond to know about the locations of the PoE's instead of just Desmond?

Based on my previous text^ , it could also mean some Templars know the locations too, which kinda explains that TWCB didn't have any other means to communicate with Desmond and so left these which could ALSO be used by templars, risking was the only option?

Toxotes47
10-06-2011, 06:02 AM

No other option for them really. Desmond was the only hope.