PDA

View Full Version : The Blacksmith -Dusk/Night

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMmyt4F2evg

This video is themed on Advanced Wanted, played on the two Alternative maps. Some dodgy stuff happened on the night version, some guy died for no reason, and someone started a chase with me and got 1100 points. That spot in the tower is perfect for advanced wanted because your pursuers check the ground floor, I got 3 lure bonuses and my pursuers were nowhere in sight.

I might add some commentary annotations to this video if anyone wants

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
01-06-2011, 06:47 PM
That's really good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

StarScream391
01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Now this is what really gets me annoyed while playing Wanted mode, people smoke bomb then waits for like 3 seconds to get the focus bonus then poisons im like om*g.

FearlessSpeach
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
Now this is what really gets me annoyed while playing Wanted mode, people smoke bomb then waits for like 3 seconds to get the focus bonus then poisons im like om*g.

Why give away the 150 points if you can ensure you get it?

FireTempest00
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Smoke Focus is really good for ensure extra points.

Perfect example not too long ago. I'm at a 5 loss steak so I have my x2 Score perk on and my target runs towards me and I smoke him, focus him, poison him, was in a crowd and got hidden, and variety bonus, for a total of 1250 x 2 for a 2500 point kill. without the focus I would've scored 300 points less and I actually won 1st after that kill by those 300 extra points.

And If I have an opportunity, I always try to do focus kills during air assassinations.

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Then instead of smoke use throwing knives for those

ninja_7_7
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by FireTempest00:
Smoke Focus is really good for ensure extra points.

Perfect example not too long ago. I'm at a 5 loss steak so I have my x2 Score perk on and my target runs towards me and I smoke him, focus him, poison him, was in a crowd and got hidden, and variety bonus, for a total of 1250 x 2 for a 2500 point kill. without the focus I would've scored 300 points less and I actually won 1st after that kill by those 300 extra points.

And If I have an opportunity, I always try to do focus kills during air assassinations.
I got 1700 kill today without poison. It was awesome. If it was with poison and the x2 a 4000 point kill.

DannyStrong
01-06-2011, 09:55 PM
that was some pretty cool stuff, espeically the opening stun/kill you did.

At 4:30 in the video, how were you able to identify which prowler was your target?

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I gentle pushed them, the one that doesnt move is your target. I dont use templar vision anymore or charge thanks to this

tastemyfreedom
01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Great tip. I can't believe he didn't just stun you though. Lol. Must've not been paying attention.

Jack-Reacher
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Well I used smokes so he couldnt move, but most of the time if you are stealthy you can walk right up to ta group and they wont do anything

luth411
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by tastemyfreedom:
Great tip. I can't believe he didn't just stun you though. Lol. Must've not been paying attention.

A lot of stuns in this video are pretty pathetic on the pursuers part.

Two cooldowns for one kill wouldn't work out too well in a match where the other players are able feed and dress themselves. Other people would be scoring kills on you rather than keeping their scores low and giving you escapes.

The smoke bomb at 4:30 didn't prevent the prowler from reacting. He wouldn't have reacted if you like his pants on fire. He should have heard the audio cue and saw a persona model walk in an obviously determined path towards his group. He should have responded before you were close enough to gentle push let alone able to walk further past him and smoke bomb.

Jack-Reacher
01-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Im not sure what you mean by two cooldowns for one kill, able feed and dress themselves, and like his pants on fire

obliviondoll
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Im not sure what you mean by two cooldowns for one kill, able feed and dress themselves, and like his pants on fire
Attempting to act as interpreter - mpagano, tell me how I do?

Smoke + poison = 2 abilities with cooldown.
You're using both to boost your score per kill, but leaving yourself no abilities for defense. With the "feed and dress themselves" line, mpagano's basically saying that the opponents you faced that match were so bad at the game they can't possibly be capable of functioning day-to-day without help.

Originally posted by mpagano411:
He wouldn't have reacted if you like his pants on fire.
For this one, I think you mean "lit his pants on fire"