PDA

View Full Version : Kriegsmarine attacks & TGW

skimbo
08-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Hi all

Been a SH3 player for a while just had a long lay off. Trying to relearn it is a *****!

I was reading through the instructions about reporting enemy fleets can lead to kriegsmrine/lutwaffe attacks. Has anyone ever seen this? I used to play it solidly and never saw it.

Anyone else got lucky?

Anyway just wanted to say thankyou to the TGW team also - what an incredible mod! The radio is now alive with messages from other subs, the gramaphones got loads more toons and new merchants and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Love y'all!

Skimbo

Foehammer-1
08-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Kriegsmarine will not send any subs. Ever. They are not modelled in a stock game. I have never seen surface ships respond, although I did saw a task force with Bismarck and Prinz Eugen

waaaay up north... In 1943!!!! Bismarck was sunk by then, no? About the planes, if you go to community manual and hunting grounds, it will tell you where Paulhager hunted his arctic

convoys. And yes, I did see air support there myself as well. And the Arctic is the only place so far that I have seen a Luftwaffe plane.

skimbo
08-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Thanks for that!

Will have a butchers at the wiki

Skimbo

deep_asset
06-10-2008, 01:15 PM
HI,

I can confirm that luftwaffe do come a running, recently I am operating out of kiel and just as I was heading out the straights - two condors came in response to a contact report on a trawler - I had left it because that close to base and in 1940 june? I thought the norwegian was neutral - not so the condors sank it and enemy unit sank message came then later in the same patrol after I had fufilled my orders I went hunting in the bay around southend, Junkers kept appearing - maybe going to bomb england ( battle of britain ) and I think once barbarossa started they were too busy in the east- they even tried to bomb a destroyer leaving me to torp it i saw a least three groups of Ju's, indeed when the RAF turned up I had to be very careful with selecting targets- I think another reason I got this support is I always send contact reports but I admit in the previous patrol I had a C3 dead in the water but no torp or deck gun - they never came then to finish it off - how do I get an X class is it the base you operate from? and if a man is injured do you just put a medic in the same compartment?

Just to blow my own trumpet - after this I have been carving through three elco torp boats, a VW destroyer and plenty of merchants with my deck gun - this is my happy time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AtlantikEel
06-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Air support will come, if bases are near. I have seen Ju88 attacking my target south of Ireland (in stock), and been saved by Ju87 in the Channel (in GWX) ....after June 1940 in both cases. So yes, report everything!