PDA

View Full Version : Bestbuy,EBgames,Walmart checked March 16 2005

TASKFORCE1x1
03-16-2005, 09:56 AM
I checked Bestbuy,EBgames,Walmart March 16 2005

In early morning waiting around 10am at EBgames
both UPS and FED-x was at this store and they had nothing!

Bestbuy had nothing and they said they stock 20 of a new title if it came in.

Walmart had nothing in 2 stores. (not unusual.)

Your best bet is BESTBUY because they carry more. EBgames is so pathetic now for holding PC games its just plain aggrevating!. They said also they will only be aloud to stock 5 of that title. I told the EBgames guys to not carry PC games anymore. YOUR WASTING MY TIME ALWAYS!!!

Its so frustrating. I still have some in the mail but whenever they will come I will never now till its time. I will keep you all up to date.

Possibly tomorrow Bestbuy will have it and EBGAMES but you all better be there early. Maybe not in PA where I live but wherever you all live there may be a line for this title!

Keep me posted please.

WFLZ
03-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I think it depends on the EB, I have 3 close to my house, the 2 in mall stores are very good about carrying PC games, the stand alone store is not.

Mjollnir111675
03-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Task,

I have just picked one up @,lemme check my receipt, 1010. This at an EB games here on the border of indiana/Ohio.
Matter of fact when I got in the manager had them on the counter and I simply pointed @ SHIII and said "One of those!"
He says: "That what cha came in fer?"
I says: "Yup!"
He says: "OK!"
Of course I have known him awhil;e as I buy most of my games there or @ HAstings.
And it wasn't like I had him tearing thru boxes to get them.
But he did state they received them last night.

Sorry fer your misfrtunes today Bra!

Mjollnir

KC23
03-16-2005, 10:03 AM
I've got mine tracked via fed ex. Its in town here in Southern California. It arrived at 8:17am PST.

My guess is today it will hit the shelves of the stores that will put it up immediately. EB games for example would probably put it out ASAP.

Best buy and Walmart however sometimes leaving it on their shipping dock areas until they get around to unpackaging their bulk stuff and getting on their shelves.

I am looking out my window listening for anything that sounds like it might be the fed ex truck. Sucks I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, but I should get a little game time in today if I get the early drop off.

daddyLoveSack
03-16-2005, 10:06 AM
I called 2 best buy's in Michigan and one said they should have some on the 16th (8 or so boxes) the other store never found the game in there system... and they were morons.

MajinDan
03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm in Chattanooga, TN (we here call it Chattanowhere) and I called Hamilton Pl.Mall EBGames and talked to the manager I know there and he said they received quite a few copies, so I'll be getting mine today after work.

JG27_Arklight
03-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Our EB received 4 shipments a day from FedEx and UPS.

The morning shipments usually didn't have much, it was the afternoon ones that did.

MajinDan
03-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Daddyluvsak: I was a media supervisor at BestBuy and can tell you that I will NEVER shop there again for ANYTHING. Here's why www.bestbuysux.org (http://www.bestbuysux.org) go there and read some of the anti BBY from (ex)employees and you'll see why. The horror stories about intentionally ripping people off at the COMMAND of the corporate office.

JG27_Arklight
03-16-2005, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MajinDan:
Daddyluvsak: I was a media supervisor at BestBuy and can tell you that I will NEVER shop there again for ANYTHING. Here's why http://www.bestbuysux.org go there and read some of the anti BBY from (ex)employees and you'll see why. The horror stories about intentionally ripping people off at the COMMAND of the corporate office. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN!

I was PCHO while I was working at Best Buy and it has to be the worst just in the history of retail.

Best Buy has to be on of the worst retail chains in existence.