PDA

View Full Version : do you have to play rankedmatches to unlock new weapons and stuff?



ZadyVegas
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
UBISOFT PLEASE READ........................

***** YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE GAME ASAP For Multi-player *****

1. Hearing the enemy while they are close is great. HOWEVER... in real life you wouldn't hear them thru your headset. Make it so you can hear them thru the game audio (TV SPEAKERS)....

2. Create ways to communicate thru Hand signs... Please do this. Iv'e been waiting for this game for a whole year. Please do not disapoint me and everyone else. We don't want to wait another year to see these adjustments in the next rainbow series.
This game is about communication. We can't communicate if the enemy can "hear us". In a real combat situation seals/rainbows would use hand signs. Create a sign for go. A sign for hold. A sign for right, left.. Pointing at the eyes. These are a must. How did you miss them? How are we supposed to communicate if the enemy can hear us. Again this game is based on communication. You are taking that factor out of the game. It will become a run a shoot type game which will kill the whole point. I don't want to play CALL OF DUTY. I want to play a tacticle game. I want to play Rainbow 6. Thank you.

Erevan_Ushthys
11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
The game releases tomorrow or Wednesday.

I cannot help but think that you've posted this a bit late.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/Jagdraben/rsrvnst89sig.jpg

KineticSoul
11-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Lol...just a tad bit.

topeira
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
if <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">ubi[/b] will stop all shipment to please you than u will be happy...


though i advise u to stay home since there will be a very angry mob outside your door....

ZadyVegas
11-20-2006, 09:26 PM
XBOX LIVE RING A BELL????

I'M TALKING ABOUT AN UPDATE..... Wow you guys really need to get with the next gen mentality

REV1Z
11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ZadyVegas:
UBISOFT PLEASE READ........................

***** YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE GAME ASAP For Multi-player *****

1. Hearing the enemy while they are close is great. HOWEVER... in real life you wouldn't hear them thru your headset. Make it so you can hear them thru the game audio (TV SPEAKERS)....

2. Create ways to communicate thru Hand signs... Please do this. Iv'e been waiting for this game for a whole year. Please do not disapoint me and everyone else. We don't want to wait another year to see these adjustments in the next rainbow series.
This game is about communication. We can't communicate if the enemy can "hear us". In a real combat situation seals/rainbows would use hand signs. Create a sign for go. A sign for hold. A sign for right, left.. Pointing at the eyes. These are a must. How did you miss them? How are we supposed to communicate if the enemy can hear us. Again this game is based on communication. You are taking that factor out of the game. It will become a run a shoot type game which will kill the whole point. I don't want to play CALL OF DUTY. I want to play a tacticle game. I want to play Rainbow 6. Thank you.


Hand signals? Wtf are you on man,you want that kinda realism join the armed forces.

MeanMF
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by REV1Z:
Hand signals? Wtf are you on man,you want that kinda realism join the armed forces.
Ghost Recon has hand signals...<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://my.livecard.net/asig/svc+meanmf.png (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk)

Erevan_Ushthys
11-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by ZadyVegas:
XBOX LIVE RING A BELL????

I'M TALKING ABOUT AN UPDATE..... Wow you guys really need to get with the next gen mentality

Yeah... that sort of up-date would only take just shy of twenty-four hours to download. Might have to buy a new HD unit, too.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/Jagdraben/rsrvnst89sig.jpg

MadCat360
11-21-2006, 01:37 AM
No it wouldn't. Just some new anims and some code. One letter = 8 bits in case you didn't know. Not much.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">


O.D.S.T. Tactical High Altitude Low Opening Insertion Operations. Drop us a line if ya want someone knocked hard.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/MadCat360/AirsoftSigv3.jpg

SpearmanAA
11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
I have to agree that the voices of nearby enemies should come through the TV speakers, not through your headset. In TH, you hear the tangos through the TV speakers. I'm not a programer, but this seems like something that could be implemented through a reasonably sized update. Am I right?

SoulSpecter
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe it's a server config? Where the server said "Allow everyone to hear each other"? Maybe there's an option that says you can only hear your teammates?

Because I know that when I was playing the MP Demo, I only heard my teammates.... I hope!

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
11-21-2006, 12:17 PM
You could always have friends in your living room and make hand signals live instead of using the built in microphone system.

But humm yeah otherwise this aint happening, sorryhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SpearmanAA
11-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by SoulSpecter:
Maybe it's a server config? Where the server said "Allow everyone to hear each other"? Maybe there's an option that says you can only hear your teammates?

Because I know that when I was playing the MP Demo, I only heard my teammates.... I hope!

I'm pretty sure you could hear both teams. You can only hear your enemies when they are near you though. You probably didnt even recognize it because it comes through your headset the same as your own team.

kurosawasghost
11-21-2006, 12:26 PM
i usually play with friends in private matches, so id like to hope the "ranking" is persistent and not where it forces you to play with strangers to unlock new stuff?

anyone know?

thanks!

big_perm
11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
No, you dont need to play ranked matches. I think you can even get credit in SP.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://members.cox.net/big_ern/money.gif

RLCSeMPeRFi
11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
No you do not have to play in ranked matches to unlock new stuff.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.RaVeNLaNCLaN.com
Home of the ??????T??FTH????????T*cL????????c*M??????* servers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77zXM4***UI
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/thajuggaloz.png (http://profile.xfire.com/thajuggaloz)
n????b?? p????n3d http://ravenlanclan.com/images/counter.gif http://ravenlanclan.com/images/counter.gif http://ravenlanclan.com/images/counter.gif http://ravenlanclan.com/images/counter.gif