PDA

View Full Version : That girl is poison

RogerRamjet99
01-18-2011, 06:35 AM
I'd love to start using poison but I can't get out of my morph-smoke-bomb-comfort-zone.

Whats the best combo to use with poison in manhunt does anybody want to share their expertise with me.

SniffyPenguin
01-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by RogerRamjet99:
I'd love to start using poison but I can't get out of my morph-smoke-bomb-comfort-zone.

Whats the best combo to use with poison in manhunt does anybody want to share their expertise with me.

Against a good team, it's very hard to administer poison without disguise in Manhunt. Good teams will stick together, and will be in the process of muting you and subsequently stun-locking you before you ever get close enough to inject 'em. It's just too easy to identify assassins as a team when they're not disguised.

Play around and see what works, but that's my experience with it.

Kenpachi_cable
01-18-2011, 06:50 AM
My usual attack build with Manhunt is Charge/Poison. If you don't have charge, I'd say go with disguise, and if you're playing with teammates, have them Templar Vision and lock onto a target, then you pop on disguise out of sight of them and walk up to your target and hit poison.

If you have Charge... Only really use poison if they're by themselves. This usually goes hand in hand with Unhealthy Lifestyle, but it is really fun. But again, like Penguin said, it's tough in Manhunt to hit poison.

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
In Manhunt, I usually use firecrackers and poison.

I pretty much never use both at the same time - it only works on idiots who go for the stun when you blind them.

But using poison as a target's fleeing a teammate, not realising you're casually walking with the blend group they're running past, can easily net you over 1000 points for the kill (co-op, diversion, incognito, hidden, poison, variety...)

PinkishLeaf
01-18-2011, 06:57 AM
I'd say if you're in a public match and you're outnumbered then poison can be pretty good as you're less likely to get intercepted, which can be really frustrating.

Once you've unlocked the extra variants it may be worth having 2 poison classes (say 1 fast-acting, 1 slow-acting) so that you can change up mid-game should you need more points/quicker kills.

Again, in a public match, you're unlikely to be able to enlist help of your mates, so I'd use strong templar vision when you're a fair distance from the target, then blend in a group heading in the general vicinity.

RogerRamjet99
01-18-2011, 09:19 AM
thanks for all the great advise, I think I'll start off with the strong templar vision and poison combo. I though TV was crap as you can always see when your pursuer is using it, so you can always escape/stun. But Strong TV I guess you can use it a long way away, so you're good.

Can't wait to try out all the advice tonight. Cheers fellow assassins. Still loving the MP after 2 months solid playing.

DannyStrong
01-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I use smoke and poison. If you have a long lasting smoke you can go for a focus if you get into position quickly enough.

RogerRamjet99
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Right this is all good stuff, forgive my ignorance, being level 44 and not even knowing how to use focus, is that cos I never used poison? How do I use focus. I want to get 1K pts on a kill thats what I see these guys getting when I get turned over with the crazy dart of poison. How do I focus?

Dog 0f War
01-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I like to use disguise and poison together, and I try to use them together for the extra hidden bonus every time I use poison and if you can focus the kill with it then you have a total of 750 with slow acting poison...And if you have a kill streak or any other bonuses then it would be higher then what I stated. =)

Kenpachi_cable
01-18-2011, 10:49 AM
A 1K kill using poison is Hidden (be blended for at least 1 second, and get to your opponent w/i 1-2 seconds, sometimes longer), Focus (The [] or B depending on your system needs to be above your target's head. You'll see a white line circling it: When it is completely around (it looks kind of like a guage) and you hear a strange noise you are focused. Usually about 3 seconds, sometimes feels so much LONGER), Incognito, Slow Acting Poison Kill (200+150+300+300+100=1050).

Or my favorite: Hidden, Incog, SA Poison, Silent Kill Streak 5 (for +750!). 200+300+300+750+100=1650. No Hidden? 1450.

Poison is by FAR my favorite Ability.

WIDOMKR383
01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

I pretty much never use both at the same time - it only works on idiots who go for the stun when you blind them.

Hey I'm one of those idiots! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Although I can pull the stun 9 out of 10 times. As soon as they pop firecrackers I can spam smoke before they get to me. This is in wanted though. As for my poison setup I use RR smoke and slow acting poison. Igenerally don't rely on my smoke to give my poison unless they are runners then I use it to trap them.

EQWashu
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Not to sound like everyone else but Disguise (long lasting preferably, so you can have 5 more seconds to work) paired with poison is your best bet.

I've never been able to use poison in Manhunt since very time I do, a teammate will kill them before it takes effect. So hopefully you'll either have a mic or some teammates you trust to play with that won't steal the kill from under you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The map helps too. unless they;re in the dead-center of the map (or really close to it), I can never play it NPC on both the Mont St. Michel maps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM

But using poison as a target's fleeing a teammate, not realising you're casually walking with the blend group they're running past, can easily net you over 1000 points for the kill (co-op, diversion, incognito, hidden, poison, variety...)

I go for the stun when blinded, but I smoke bomb and only try for about 1-2 seconds max then bolt. Never fails me.

And if I don't smoke bomb, I charge, which guarantees it.

They're not all idiots, sir http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I go for the stun when blinded, but I smoke bomb and only try for about 1-2 seconds max then bolt. Never fails me.

They're not all idiots, sir http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
I didn't say everyone who goes for the stun are idiots.

I said the idiots who go for the stun are the only ones you can get a poison off on.

If they pop smoke when they're not 100% certain you'll be caught by it, or if they just walk in the direction they think you cam from mashing circle and hoping, they're idiots.

Just like you're an idiot if you drop firecrackers when you're within range of their smoke bombs.

That's answering WIDOWMKR383 as well, obviously. You guys aren't the ones I was talking about.

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Fair enough, yar. The mistake 90% of the firecracker users make is exactly what you said - in range of an immediate reaction, lol.

WIDOMKR383
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

I didn't say everyone who goes for the stun are idiots.

I said the idiots who go for the stun are the only ones you can get a poison off on.

If they pop smoke when they're not 100% certain you'll be caught by it, or if they just walk in the direction they think you cam from mashing circle and hoping, they're idiots.

Just like you're an idiot if you drop firecrackers when you're within range of their smoke bombs.

That's answering WIDOWMKR383 as well, obviously. You guys aren't the ones I was talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew what you were trying to prove just poking fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
01-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Fair enough, yar. The mistake 90% of the firecracker users make is exactly what you said - in range of an immediate reaction, lol.
I love when they walk RIGHT next to your group before dropping it. Really inconspicuous - you know there's a short throwing animation when you trigger it, which leaves you open for a free stun if you're close enough to me, right? No? Good *punches in the face, then runs*

Most common use for me in Manhunt is: Throw crackers in front of huge crowd, everyone bolts in a different direction, I catch one, then lock onto the nearest for the co-op kill.