PDA

View Full Version : RUB effecting game play?

Rocky_985
09-29-2005, 08:24 AM
I run that great mod and at the end of this patrol I'll be installing the new so called super addon. I have noticed as of late that just after loading the game, especially in time compression, is lagging to a point of freezing up. Never had much of a problem before as I run a top flight machine with over a gig of ram (P4 3.2HT). I also run it with minimal programs and processes active. I am assuming that the modifications have caused this but am open to suggestions. Someone mentioned Audigy problems, also one of my pieces of hardware.

BlitzPig_Rivet
09-29-2005, 08:57 AM
If you are running the jonesoft mod installer, try disabling any mods you have installed first. If the performance improves then the problem could be one or more of the mods.

Having said that, I am running a quite heavily modded SH3 installation with no problem on a much lesser spec machine.

The other thing I would suggest is that if your motherboard has onboard sound, try removing the audigy card and try the onboard sound. I had no end of issues with my audigy including what you describe. It may not be an ideal solution but if it works at least you'll know where the problem lies.

Good luck
Rivet

The Avon Lady
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
The "Super Addon" pack contains the heavy version of the Harbour Traffic mod and is know to cause considerable lag.

The author is working on corrections for the pack.

Kaleun1961
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I tried the add-on pack and experienced serious lag, surprisingly, since I am running on a high end machine: Athlon 64 3200+, 2 gigs, etc. However, since uninstalling that add-on and reinstalling everything except that add-on, including the heavy harbour traffic mod, I am back up to speed, able to time compress to 2048 with no lag, and occasionally 4096.

P.S. Avon Lady: Kudos for putting out your guide. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BlitzPig_Rivet
09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Ah, the heavy harbour traffic mod is one I haven't tried. That could very well be the problem. Thanks for the heads up on that Avon Lady and Kaleun1961.

Rocky_985
09-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I did previously install the Milkcow mod and just figured it was overwritten by the RUB. I 'll check and make sure it is all removed. As for dumping the Audigy for onboard sound, not likely. I am about to try the super addon. Wish me luck.