PDA

View Full Version : Story Development

Artagez
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Ok I want to know what you (the players) think about the story line in this game, to me, i think it was not as good as the others because in Brotherhood, you had Ceasere a final boss, in the second game you had Rodrigo, then in the first game, Al mulim... in revelations they had that sultan who was easy to kill. Personally i think ubisoft could have done a little better with this game. Basically saying: all that changed was: The city, weapons, blade, bombs, ziplines, story, no horses, guards, assassin's, etc. All im saying is: They rushed it. I hope the next game won't disapoint me the way this game has.

CRUDFACE
11-24-2011, 10:15 PM
It feels a little weird with you saying all they changed is multiple things to the game. And the only thing you bring up to go against it are the boss battles.

tbh, those always feel repetitive to me, but yeah there could've been a better one. But at the same time, you don't need to have a boss battle all the time...

Sarari
11-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Here's how it was:
AC1 was considered a new generation game, and it was, but the reason of this is because Ubisoft took 4 years making that game. Even though it was a top seller and a classic, once they finished making it, they took out all the repetitiveness and added in more options for various things.

AC2 took 2 years to make, or a little more. That game is also known as a hit, but not a classic as AC1 was. There was more realism in AC1 than in AC2 and after.

Since they saw their profits drastically go up, they decided to make a game and release it within a year, just to make more money. That's why the game didn't turn out as well as AC1 and AC2. The story wasn't well written as the ones before it and there was a boost of realisticness Face it guys, you can doubt it all you want, but ACB was over done with that. For example, the Da Vinci machines. You guys may try and deny it by saying that they actually worked but no they did not, at least not yet at that time. Nobody ever used them and adding them into the game was pointless.

Since Ubisoft had only a year to make it, a lot of the gameplay mechanics such as some of the combos seemed unnecessary and over done, for they tried to fit in to much. But the kill streak served good.

ACR however did turn out better than ACB imo. The story is still not as well written as AC1 and 2, but there were a lot more improvement to it from ACB. But sadly, the Altair missions weren't focused on a lot due to how short they are and the lack of gameplay with him. The only time we actually fight a decent amount with him is his first mission. Not to mention he never gets his dagger which means they didn't really care to add it, for he's not as important to the eyes of Ubi. Desmond missions were also pretty bad, not what I expected.

As you can see, Ubisoft has gotten more and more greedy over the years. They used to take their time with the games but now the rush it for money and they over do the story in too many ways.

Dagio12
11-24-2011, 11:15 PM
I guess I disagree. i thought this story was very well written and the character development was excellent. for what it was, it was very well put together. I think its close to my favorite story of the series overall simply because of the character development, the way everything played together, and the emotion the ending made me feel. Some of Ezio's final dialogues were easily the best of the entire series. With that said, I wouldnt have minded it the story would have been a little longer with a little more meat to it.... but, i thought it did what it needed to for this chapters finale, great writing IMO.

beatledude210
11-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
I guess I disagree. i thought this story was very well written and the character development was excellent. for what it was, it was very well put together. I think its close to my favorite story of the series overall simply because of the character development, the way everything played together, and the emotion the ending made me feel. Some of Ezio's final dialogues were easily the best of the entire series. With that said, I wouldnt have minded it the story would have been a little longer with a little more meat to it.... but, i thought it did what it needed to for this chapters finale, great writing IMO.

This

S-EVANS
11-25-2011, 01:29 AM
As you can see, Ubisoft has gotten more and more greedy over the years. They used to take their time with the games but now the rush it for money and they over do the story in too many ways.

There not rushing the games, they just easy to create because they dont have to recreate everything from scratch for example the altair skin is already made, etc

they probably already sat on a whole range of material that they never even used for various reasons, its just nature of game development.

even wall and floor textures will be re used in parts of future titles, all this results in less time to arrive at the finish line.

As for the story speak to some veteran forum members there understanding of the story within assassins creed is truly in depth since they have discussed tons of possiblities since the beginning with each other.

i know ive been reading some of the older stuff and what other forum users have come up with and in a way they really have opened my mind to possible endings i never thought of myself

i now have more questions, the value of the storyline in revelations results from your understanding of its complex possiblities...

read some older threads, and get involved with people a little more...

RzaRecta357
11-25-2011, 01:32 AM
This one had excellent writing and the lack of the final boss was a nice change of pace.

Hey, Shakulu gave you your not actually dead in the animus screen scene and they gave you a dynamic gameplay moment for the end.

I loved it.

itsamea-mario
11-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Yeah that ending is just made out of awesome.
Well the ezio and Altair bits atleast.

Tbh you don't really need a boss battle.
Although something might have been nice.

Originally I thought there was a chance it could be 16, but no.

vorenus73
11-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

Since they saw their profits drastically go up, they decided to make a game and release it within a year, just to make more money. That's why the game didn't turn out as well as AC1 and AC2. The story wasn't well written as the ones before it and there was a boost of realisticness Face it guys, you can doubt it all you want, but ACB was over done with that. For example, the Da Vinci machines. You guys may try and deny it by saying that they actually worked but no they did not, at least not yet at that time. Nobody ever used them and adding them into the game was pointless.

I thought the DaVinci missions were really fun. Also, this entire series is historically inaccurate, it is fiction, so why get on them for including DaVinci machines which didnt actually work? You know, the apple isn't real either and the Templars, in real life, were dismantled by the pope in the early 1300s. So really how can you complain about one thing being not realistic? Nothing in the series is realistic... which is one reason why I love the games.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I think Amancio's team did a good job, it's was like...pretty much everything I wanted which Brotherhood lacked..for example-tougher combat, more in-depth story(Brotherhood story was......).
It made me feel emotionally attached to Ezio, and then watching Embers after that...I almost cried >_>

The:
Storyline 9/10 (could have been a bit longer, but it took me 19hrs, compared to Brotherhood 11hours so that's progress.)

Music:10/10

Character Development:9/10

Core experience:10/10 (You know, the way how game mechanics work to give you a flawless gameplay.)

AssassinTrio
11-25-2011, 09:43 PM
When the game first came out, it was considered realistic, historically, besides the PoE of course. But when they included the Da Vinci missions that's when I thought it was over done. It might be unrealistic and a lot of you have learned to look past it, but I have not. I still love the series though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

In fact, a lot of my friends quite the AC series after AC2. Some after AC1, for they didn't like the way AC2 was made.