PDA

View Full Version : Why still the empty sheathe on Altair's back?

phoenix-force411
10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Altair's sheathe for the short blade(Feather Dagger)is still empty! Why not add it in or put it there as part of the cosmetic display?

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
You need to cut this crap out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

phoenix-force411
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Then how how the heck do you delete a forum?

phoenix-force411
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
You need to cut this crap out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

No wait! I'm going to change it!

SpyderNynja
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/554/original/facepalm.jpg?1248715065

Sarari
10-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Ok I once again watched the video of Altair burning Al Mualim and noticed that Altair still doesn't have his short blade.

What does this mean? Altair should have it by now. Is it a weaponry placement glitch by Ubisoft? Did they not want to give Altair the shortblade? If so, why not?

I really need answers for this because the short blade is my favorite weapon to use with Altair.

naran6142
10-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Ok I once again watched the video of Altair burning Al Mualim and noticed that Altair still doesn't have his short blade.

What does this mean? Altair should have it by now. Is it a weaponry placement glitch by Ubisoft? Did they not want to give Altair the shortblade? If so, why not?

I really need answers for this because the short blade is my favorite weapon to use with Altair.

it doesn't really matter, it might just have been left out of the cinematic, i doubt that it won't be in the game

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

it doesn't really matter, it might just have been left out of the cinematic, i doubt that it won't be in the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even so, the developers did say that they had accidentally left each assassin with 5 fingers in an interview, but when they picked up that pretty much everyone used it for a symbol of the Assassins, they went back and removed all of them.

I don't see why they can't do the same here.

Calvarok
10-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Because convincing the people in charge to let them spend time on a thing that barely anyone will notice is difficult, and for good reason. Ubisoft is a profit-driven company, and they really can't just keep the game until it's perfect unless it will seriously improve the perceived quality of the game for the majority of people, or they simply are going to make enough off release that a small drop in profit is not going to be noticed. (although that will also require on wether or not the people in charge decide to be generous or not)

So basically, for typical buisness reasons.

Anyways, to actually answer the thread's question, you'll notice that they're using his sheath as an arrow quiver now. His knife is carried on his hip, like Ezio's.

The reason for this, I'm guessing, is that since they made that new system for Ezio, and that's the system the series has been based of of for two games and will be based off this game, and they're on a one-year schedule, it would have been too much work to recreate Altair's AC1 method of storing his blade.

This is the kind of thing that Falco has talked about in recent interviews: on a tighter schedule they can't afford to just make things work, sometimes they need to use alternative solutions to problems like when a voice-actor's line that can't be redone forces them to make something different about the structuring of the mission, because it has to make sense with what the character said.

It's not perfect, but it's a problem we can look past.

Maybe someday in the future, video games will almost never have any bug at all, programming will have a perfect system worked out for it, and designers will be able to effortlessly keep continuity of stuff like where a guy placed his blade in a game 5 years ago.

But right now, bugs will inevitably be in a game, and certain things just can't be made perfect in time for the game to come out.

Sorry.

Sarari
10-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the explanation Calvarok.

So are all the assassins in Altair's time gonna have only 9 fingers?

LightRey
10-26-2011, 07:05 AM

All except Malik, he'll have only 5.

RzaRecta357
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Posts: 509 | Registered: Sun September 25 2011 Reply With Quote
LightRey
Picture of LightRey

Posted Wed October 26 2011 06:05 Hide Post

quote:

All except Malik, he'll have only 5.

--------------------------------
You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
...or you're right.
phrase of the from-whenever-I-wrote-it-down-to-whenever-I-feel-like-changing-it:
"Stupidity is not an excuse for irresponsibility"

Posts: 4009 | Registered: Sun December 13 2009 Reply With Quote
Powered by Social Strata

I'm disappointed in the lack of blade on his back. It just made him look cool. He definately looked cooler in AC1 than he does now which sucks a bit. Oh well.

dewgel
10-26-2011, 10:57 AM

You "need" answers? The footage you've seen it all from wasn't from a complete build. Regardless, does it REALLY effect the story or gameplay?

It's not the end of the world.

Some people are pathetic lol

eagleforlife1
10-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:

You can say that again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

math.sab
10-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

All except Malik, he'll have only 5. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

sassinscreed
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
Altair's sheathe for the short blade(Feather Dagger)is still empty! Why not add it in or put it there as part of the cosmetic display?

it think that it is empty because there isn't anything inside it

Animuses
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
No one is making a big fuss about it, so there is no reason to be calling anyone pathetic.

xx-pyro
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
No one is making a big fuss about it, so there is no reason to be calling anyone pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People are making a fuss about it though. I found it extremely funny that people made the same fuss about Altair's skin not using the shortblade- come on guys it's a skin they can't change the gameplay mechanics for it. Either way, while I don't agree with dewgel calling people pathetic in such blunt terms, fact of the matter is complaining about such a simple thing is in itself pathetic.

Animuses
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
All I have seen is a simple question being asked.

Sarari
10-26-2011, 03:18 PM
In this case, I'm not talking about the skin for Altair, I'm talking about the character himself. And having the blade on his back is sort of a big deal for Altair fans, like me.

You dewgel probably don't feel disappointment in that because you're to much of an Ezio fan to care about whatever they do to Altair. I guarantee that if they changed something about Ezio you would have a problem.

Also, there's no reason to call people including me pathetic for "complaining" about things like this. It's a big deal for us, and if you don't like it, deal with it.

iN3krO
10-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I have been waiting since Ac2 to have Altair back, many Ac fans love Ezio, i love altair and removing that short blade (or even the combo functionalities it had with knifes) will make him look worst and less effective.

Sarari i hate the way you think. Don't like it don't eat. If you want to eat just eat as they give it to you.
That's cause of ppl like you that the world is how it's now, a big ++++. No1 have money/job and everyone is saying it's politics fault, in fact, it's YOUR FAULT for let them doing it all.

You must "fight" for your rights so do i to have 50bunks well wasted instead of wasting it and not have what i deserve to have for it.

I bought Ac1, Ac2 and AcB. I should not be buying AcR cuz Ezio part will be much like AcB and i hated that gameplay, however i'm buying it so i think i (and those who are like me) deserve the right to say that the short blade in altair's back was so iconic that it shouldn't be changed.

Beside that, i did not rage at Ac2's altair skin, it's a skin. But i will rage if in AcR the altair gameplay is just a skin of altair and guards but keeping all the umbalanced features of AcB -.-''

Sarari
10-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
I have been waiting since Ac2 to have Altair back, many Ac fans love Ezio, i love altair and removing that short blade (or even the combo functionalities it had with knifes) will make him look worst and less effective.

Sarari i hate the way you think. Don't like it don't eat. If you want to eat just eat as they give it to you.
That's cause of ppl like you that the world is how it's now, a big ++++. No1 have money/job and everyone is saying it's politics fault, in fact, it's YOUR FAULT for let them doing it all.

You must "fight" for your rights so do i to have 50bunks well wasted instead of wasting it and not have what i deserve to have for it.

I bought Ac1, Ac2 and AcB. I should not be buying AcR cuz Ezio part will be much like AcB and i hated that gameplay, however i'm buying it so i think i (and those who are like me) deserve the right to say that the short blade in altair's back was so iconic that it shouldn't be changed.

Beside that, i did not rage at Ac2's altair skin, it's a skin. But i will rage if in AcR the altair gameplay is just a skin of altair and guards but keeping all the umbalanced features of AcB -.-''
That's true. I hate how they changed the placement of the short blade for Altair after AC2. Altair has his own way of putting his weapons, which makes him different than Ezio.

Also, I really hope the fighting for Altair isn't how it was in ACB, because I absolutely hated the combat style for ACB. It was fluent and to quick and deadly, which most people like. But it's w.e.

dewgel
10-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Sorry to revive this, but I only just realised it got a reply.

Sarari, I didn't mean to sound so blunt, but you're wrong in asuming I'm some "ezio" fanboy. I'm a fan of the series by all accounts, but I'm not an Altair or an Ezio fanboy.

As for if they made a major change to Ezio, they have. They've pretty much made him look like a different dude. We just have to deal with it.

It's a big deal for us, and if you don't like it, deal with it.

Can't the same be said for you? If you don't like it, deal with it?

At the end of the day, what I was getting at is that you said you "really" need answers, as if it was vital to you purchasing the game or not.

Assassin's Creed is full of glitches and graphical skin issues. It's an empty sheathe, nothing to concern about. I'm sure the gameplay will be just as good.

At the end of the day Altair is more than likely just going to be a skin of Ezio in the gameplay sequences.

Sorry that I offended you, I was also referring to the OP in that comment though.

Also, I really hope the fighting for Altair isn't how it was in ACB, because I absolutely hated the combat style for ACB. It was fluent and to quick and deadly, which most people like. But it's w.e.

PS. You answered your own question there. You said you hope the fighting isn't like it was in Brotherhood, yet you said "which most people like". The developers will make their games so that the majority will appreciate it. They can't please all.

RzaRecta357
10-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Gotta love games like Batman where they have the time to actually add 4 characters that all play and move different.

Sarari
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM
When I said deal with it I said deal with the fact that I have a problem with complaining. I never told anyone to deal with the changes to Ezio.

And when I said I really need answers, that was obviously an exaggeration.

Randy 355
10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
It bothers me too, being that he had it at the end of AC1, and it was my favorite weapon in both looks and fighting style.

I can get over it not being in his sheathe as long as he can use it. They could at the very least put it at his side.

Sarari
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Croson-5:
It bothers me too, being that he had it at the end of AC1, and it was my favorite weapon in both looks and fighting style.

I can get over it not being in his sheathe as long as he can use it. They could at the very least put it at his side.
True

kzbringer
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Will Altair's skin costume be avalible on uplay for Ac revelations? or is only avalible if you pre-order Ac revelations on Amozon?

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by kzbringer:
Will Altair's skin costume be avalible on uplay for Ac revelations? or is only avalible if you pre-order Ac revelations on Amozon?
We don't know. It seems likely that it will only be available as a pre-order bonus, but since Uplay rewards require points to download, it could still also be available on Uplay.