PDA

View Full Version : Devs...Is the damage model for the G50 right???

MichaelMar
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
I fly the G50 a lot, while waiting for the new Italian planes in next patch, and notice that the damage model for the plane is not right.

The G50 can only take 1 hit before it is totally out of the sky. It does not matter where the plane is hit; any damage to plane and the G50 is almost impossible to control.

For example: (all in multiplayer) I was flying toward enemy base and was hit one time by another aircraft's MG. I looked all over plane to see where hit. The 1 hit was near the center of the wing...no leaking...nothing but the planes looses control. It happens all the time...no matter where the hit was or damage done.

If not believe me try it yourself.

THX

MichaelMar
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
I fly the G50 a lot, while waiting for the new Italian planes in next patch, and notice that the damage model for the plane is not right.

The G50 can only take 1 hit before it is totally out of the sky. It does not matter where the plane is hit; any damage to plane and the G50 is almost impossible to control.

For example: (all in multiplayer) I was flying toward enemy base and was hit one time by another aircraft's MG. I looked all over plane to see where hit. The 1 hit was near the center of the wing...no leaking...nothing but the planes looses control. It happens all the time...no matter where the hit was or damage done.

If not believe me try it yourself.

THX

WTE_Galway
10-21-2004, 12:05 AM
this is really an ORR post not general .. you will get more response over there

F19_Ob
10-21-2004, 03:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelMar:

I looked all over plane to see where hit. The 1 hit was near the center of the wing...no leaking...nothing but the planes looses control. It happens all the time...no matter where the hit was or damage done.

THX <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont worry the actual model is vorking ...u just cant see it.

There is a slight problem in sync with visual damage in FB wich means your plane can be seriously damaged even without any or only minor indication on the skin of the plane....for example; Controlls can be out and/or prop/engine damaged.
With cannons or many heavy mg hits u will see the damage faster on the skin.
Small mg's require many hits for anything to show on the skin.
Fiat G50 has good "full" damage but the problem is that u normally have shot it down before the goodies show on the planeskin.

U get more details in my post about "Visual and actual damage". It was posted some time ago in ORR.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=949108326&r=949108326#949108326

MichaelMar
10-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Thx for the replies and link...

WTE_Dukayn
10-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah I had this problem last night, was flying an La-5FN, flew over an airbase, all of a sudden my engine just died...turns out I got hit by flak, but there was no sound of being hit, no shaking of the aircraft, no visual damage.