PDA

View Full Version : DRM now makes no sense at all

SteelCity999
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Okay, so the DRM was supposed to help prevent illegal copying of the game. Well after reading this article I just don't see how they are accomplishing anything. If you can install the game on multiple machines and don not require the disc to be inserted in gameplay, how are they preventing lost sales by me not buying it with ten buddies and installing it on all there machines and registering it on all machines and then playing it? You just end up having 10 different saves on the server. But in reeality you have 9 pirated copies. Makes no sense....

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1070151p1.html

caswallawn_2k7
02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
that would because you link the single CD-key to a single Ubi account, that can only be signed into by 1 person at any one time, meaning if you get the game and give it to 9 friends you have 9 people using your Ubi account and kicking you off the game every time they try to play.

BubbaBuoy
02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
It's a dumb system that's turned me off the game.

SteelCity999
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Given the fact it is that simple to install and play on any system would lead me to believe - like many other posts in the forum - that it will be hacked in a day. If that's the only thing preventing multiple people from playing it means its only a few lines of code to change.

I guess the only thing that really is confusing about the whole pirating issue is that Xbox has rampant pirating on it. So does the PSP. Why is Ubisoft singling out the PC? I suppose its just a testing platform for the others....

Glad I don't play many PC games...