PDA

View Full Version : Gunners can't fire since 4.02

timholt
10-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Anyone else lost the ability to fire guns from gunners positions on all A/C since 4.02. I can track but not fire????

timholt
10-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Anyone else lost the ability to fire guns from gunners positions on all A/C since 4.02. I can track but not fire????

LEXX_Luthor
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
I can track and fire. You may have lost your keyboard settings file when you Patched up, or lost some parts of it. Czech out your Input menu for gun fire trigger command. Did you backup your User folder before Patching up? Backing up the whole User folder keeps you from having to decide which "settings" file to save, there are a number of them.

fabianfred
10-22-2005, 07:25 AM
i just flew the SBD today....my first with 4.02

after trapping on the carrier i swapped to the gunner's seat...but couldn't operate it.!!
after hitting the A =Auto key it came up as 'gunner position auto off' and i toggled it a few more times then founds it worked......

I noticed with the 4.01 that....previously if you were flying on auto and external view...then hit the cockpit view...it would come out of auto

since 4.01 it didn't... you had to hit A to get manual control of the plane

VW-IceFire
10-22-2005, 08:13 AM
There is a control called Toggle Autopilot Automation ON/OFF. Sometimes patches or random events seem to trigger this.

You can now switch around to various gunner positions without immediately taking control.

I find this useful when flying bombers. I want to find the position to fire with, press A to take control and fire away. When I am done I press A again and go back to flying. The benefit is that you don't interrupt the AI as you swap through meaning they may get that critical hit in while you swap through.

fabianfred
10-22-2005, 01:35 PM
didn't see that Ice .... useful though as you mention...

Udidtoo
10-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Man I hope it just reset your commands becasue I'm in a sling and was counting on being a gunner tonight for our reguler meet. Off to test S'

After testing Gunners are firing just fine. It must have reset something in your setup. Good luck.

Tully__
10-22-2005, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
There is a control called Toggle Autopilot Automation ON/OFF.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Its name in the control's screen is "Toggle Level Autopilot".