PDA

View Full Version : Races?

DaystarDragon
12-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Hi! What races will be available to play in this game?

Hyacinth_Ara
12-14-2007, 06:16 AM
I expect all the usual races!? maybe they will create some more!??!

Bigweed
12-14-2007, 08:15 AM
I assume there will be the same races or "kingdoms" like in the real HOMAM games, though i really look forward to playing for nature

morran.dreamer
12-14-2007, 08:17 AM
They should put all the races from Heroes V and it's expansions.
But I don't think it would be a good idea to create new races. It's going to be a game about Heroes, and it shouldn't have some rare and new things that the real game doesn't have.

DaystarDragon
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I Dunno, It might be a good way to see what fans like before they release H6.

Roy34543
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I dont think new factions will be awesome. Might be interesting but hopefully they wont treat the whole thing as a pointless endeavour to increase sales for H6 by painstakingly testing which factions people will like. Better to keep them a surprise perhaps?

Awptraining
12-14-2007, 03:16 PM
New races would be awesome. But I care more about the balance of different races. H3/4/5 is not very good in this, to be frank.

theron07
12-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Balancing is stupid! Each race is unique by balancing you make the game boring (e.g. each time you fight another race you should change your tactics, if they were balanced this wouldn't happen and the fights would have the same moves). But to go back to the subject: Yep! I would enjoy a new Race, namely the race from H3 which had the elements(their heroes were could Planneswalker).

lealarin
12-16-2007, 06:29 AM
i agree with theron07: there could be races from h3. Bcuz some of em` disappeard!The elemental and my personal the lizards!!!!Some think theyre weak but they can be strong,anyway there could be atleast two new races or just elemental and lizards brought back.

hahahakill
12-16-2007, 01:14 PM
i think they took out elemental because it was unbalanced. while personaly i dunno how. and i think the races in Homm Kindom will all be from homm5 + expansions.

kaksoisv
12-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I would say only the races HoMM 3 had! That is the best HoMM game!

Val-Gaav
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by theron07:
Balancing is stupid!
this will be online game ... so balance is one of the most important factors.

drbln
12-18-2007, 12:06 AM
The balance is one of the most important parameters on-line games. But in most cases balance to reach it does not go right because of that that players play all on a miscellaneous. If the balance will be very strongly broken that everyone will play for one fraction (or the forum will be overflown by sobing players shouting: "my race the weakest in game ")

Excuse for mistakes. I use the translator

Awptraining
12-18-2007, 12:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Balancing is stupid???

Balancing is stupid! Each race is unique by balancing you make the game boring

Kartabon
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Balancing is stupid! Each race is unique by balancing you make the game boring

LOL!!!! That was a good one :P

Well, as long as they put several races, i will be happy.. it doesnt matter which ones they will add http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ditchdog
12-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Hello!

Hmm if you really want to try that game and get some feeling on how it will be try to play a game called Utopia its on "www.swirve.com", its not a graphic game but the ide is the same, learn to templay there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif always learn to crwawl before you go, its better in most of teh cases kind ofhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

B_374
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
i loved the races from homm3 and i would love to see them in this to! But i think the key-factor is that the game are somewhat true to the known gameplay!

theron07
01-12-2008, 09:27 AM
hahakill is saying that the elements are unbalanced! How? I mean, when I play with the elements I learn the Planneswalker Fire, Water, Air and Earth magic (which is very easy-> see H3 Manual\buildings) bringing havoc upon the other races. While when I play with Humans, for e.g., I will concentrate on Might. And how about H3's Behemoth, which is so powerfull, do you think this is balancing? No. Do you think he is a threat to me? No. So there is no weak race for a master, while for a n00b every race has it's weakness and could be a problem. So, balancing works only for n00bs, the real H-masters (which I hope I am, I don't really know since I never played at a high level) will enjoy the unbalanced version.
I strongly recommend Ubisoft to create two HOMMKingdom games, for n00bs and for masters.

frbbls
01-13-2008, 08:35 AM
hahakill is saying that the elements are unbalanced! How? I mean, when I play with the elements I learn the Planneswalker Fire, Water, Air and Earth magic (which is very easy-> see H3 Manual\buildings) bringing havoc upon the other races. While when I play with Humans, for e.g., I will concentrate on Might. And how about H3's Behemoth, which is so powerfull, do you think this is balancing? No. Do you think he is a threat to me? No. So there is no weak race for a master, while for a n00b every race has it's weakness and could be a problem. So, balancing works only for n00bs, the real H-masters (which I hope I am, I don't really know since I never played at a high level) will enjoy the unbalanced version.
I strongly recommend Ubisoft to create two HOMMKingdom games, for n00bs and for masters.

Thats really a ******ed post. Wanting one for noobs and masters.
The whole balancing issue is about the creatures afaik. Say that Behemoth from H3, and the lousy weakhitpointed Djinns from H5. Those are balance issues. Ofcourse each and every race has its plusses and minusses and indeed, a good player knows how to play his strenghts and covers his weaknesses. But then again, its a game for everyone, even for people who spend as little a a future 15 minutes on it, so it doesnt need overpowered creatures and/or spells.

Thats why a sort of balance is good, it doesnt immediately make all the creatures the same. It just makes sure creatures dont get overly powerful, or incredibaly weak. So the game is still fun.

theron07
01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
ok I "retreat" my Behemoth example because every Version had is balancing issues. Mostly H2 wich was my 1st H Game and probably the balancing issues made me love this series. And how could someone play only 15 minutes a H game, only a map will take me 1 h in H5 with 2 players (but I leave lots of stuff behind). So if you really want to play a game, play it good.
And how would you want to balance for e.g. the Necromancers with the Mages (in H5). I tell you this because the Necromancers could have only 1-2 archers (depends on your alternatives) and the Mages have 3 archers.

theron07
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
To enlighten my former mail: the necromancers have the skeleton archers (which has an alternative skeleton guardian) and the liches. The Mages have the gremlins, magicians and the titan, plus u could use the Djinn as a ranged attacker since he could cast spells. So U see the Mages have more ranged units than the Necromancers, how do you think u can balance that (I mean more rang-attackers is for someone a blessing and for the others a curse). See you can't balance 2 different races.
And for the n00bs, I proposed to Ubisoft to make a different server.

Ya5MieL
01-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Man, you really don't know what balancing is. It DOESN'T mean every town has to be exact copy of each other, it just means that in the end they must have about equal chances to prevail.
In H5, towns are pretty well balanced and i hope in this online game they will be too.

H3 was terribly balanced, Necropolis was too strong on anything other than small map.

frbbls
01-16-2008, 06:36 AM
ok I "retreat" my Behemoth example because every Version had is balancing issues. Mostly H2 wich was my 1st H Game and probably the balancing issues made me love this series. And how could someone play only 15 minutes a H game, only a map will take me 1 h in H5 with 2 players (but I leave lots of stuff behind). So if you really want to play a game, play it good.
And how would you want to balance for e.g. the Necromancers with the Mages (in H5). I tell you this because the Necromancers could have only 1-2 archers (depends on your alternatives) and the Mages have 3 archers.

Thats the whole point of the game. While some races depend on ranged and/or magic to win the day, others use 'might' ala Stronghold, Fortress and Haven.

And about the Academy ranged units;
Gremlins are weak in every stat, damage, health, defense. You can kill tonnes of em if you get a good strike in.
I'm an academy player and honestly the only use i find in them is either healing Golems (which is awesome) or taking out Catapults/Ballistas and other mechanical units.
Djinns, hah, they're really cannonfodder. Megalow HP means theyre dead in seconds. Sure they can cast magic, but it's useless in endgame, a Weakness spell here or there doesnt kill anything at that time. Decay is nice though.
The mages are kickass, with the 2 fireballs which can do alot of damage, but then again they're a tier 4 unit with low hp aswell.
As you see, these ranged units are taken out quickly if played right.
As for Titans and the like, well, imo its one of the best tier 7 units.
Still, academy has lousy melee, the gargoyles have a ****ty attack and are pure meatshields or suicide bombers (depending on the upgrade).
Golems are sloooooooooow.
Rashaka's have a low initiative meaning they get to act late.

It's all about your playing style really. I really DONT like the Necromancers for obvious reasons, they all depend on numbers to overwhelm the opposition.

Yet other people know how to play as the Necromancers properly to win against anyone. It's all about playing style. And how to counterattack the others strenghts.

Balancing like said isn't giving every facton the same amount of ranged and melee units but balancing their stats.

(Oh and about the 15 minutes of play, it is said on the homepage that it would take around 4x15 minutes a day to be able to play the game, for people who might actually work during day time and dont have much free hours to spend on this. While us, the 'diehard' players, could play more, micromanage more, and generally be more effective ingame. But to actually PLAY this game it wouldn't take hours to play.)

Zeptor-warlock
01-19-2008, 01:41 AM
One of my Favourits are still the Fortress faction from the Heroes 3 Series. I hope they come one day back in the Game, in the Online Game.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

theron07
01-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Look an other more efficient example. The Necromancers using their main racial skill: The Necromantie and their racial building The Unholy Temple (or whatever his name is) can raise for e.g. 1K skeletons (or their upgrades) so their opponents will be outnumbered and outmatched. Is this balanced? No, yet not all user will be necromancers (I for e.g. won't be either). And no forums has appeared My race is weak.

Nal_Ra
01-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Balancing will be required until a certain degree but i expect races to be different as much as possible. Players need to learn to expose the strenght of their race not their weakness.

Ya5MieL
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Look an other more efficient example. The Necromancers using their main racial skill: The Necromantie and their racial building The Unholy Temple (or whatever his name is) can raise for e.g. 1K skeletons (or their upgrades) so their opponents will be outnumbered and outmatched. Is this balanced? No, yet not all user will be necromancers (I for e.g. won't be either). And no forums has appeared My race is weak.

Thats exactly the reason why we need balance..

H3 lacked balance so Necropolis in the hands of an expert was unbeatable.. (Which led to BANNING that faction from multi player games)
In h5, thanks to BETTER balance, there is no faction that is sure winner, and there are no factions that are banned. I see no point in playing game which i cannot win so balance is highly important.

Long live the balance!

warbound01
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
To think it,
Balancing it would be necessary
it depends on your skills then

frbbls
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Every game needs skill!

And like 80% of luck aswell ;].

Scrav
01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Since combat in browser based games is gernerally automated, it would be interesting to see how HOMM Kingdoms will handle races/creatures/etc. I assume mechanics will be simplified greatly, so I'm not too worried about racial balancing.

Awnshegh
02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Balancing in simple terms ensure that every unit has a weakness and a strength and that every race can beat every other race with only the player's strategy being the defining factor.

That being said I want to see a million peasants rushing across the land burning everyone's crops.

severfen
02-25-2008, 03:18 AM
No no. Million of skeletons http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

tilen125
02-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Is beta out or not atm? Any date?

Silfver
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I really miss the Lizardmen from Heroes 3.

And I agree that Heroes 3 was the greatest Heroes Game ever created. (with reservation for the 5th that I havent got the computer to try out yet)

But from what I experienced all the Heroes games has its own unique way so its wrong to say "This was the best" Because they didnĀ“t create all the games in the same flavor.
Like the Centaurs in Heroes 2 has Bows and in Heroes 3 they use spears.

Well Im all out of the topic now I see...
I want the Lizards back and what ever the creators wish us to have, they have made Heroes great since the start so I trust them.

Napolian09
03-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I agree with Silfver, not only the lizardmen, but all of the races from heroes 3 are wicked and need to be in this game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

RockBlasterz
08-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I was a long time since I played Heros 3, but now in Heros5 I like Dungeon most!(But expensive creatures, and also strong.)

n4v32x
08-28-2008, 07:18 AM
I always loved Dungeon simply because if you play well with them and you know how to make enough resources they are the most powerful, both in H3 and in H5. Another fun race was the H3 Necro simply because you had n*skeletons and they simply pwn XD. New races are welcomed because they are... new http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . Stronghold from H3 and the lizardmen were awesome, too bad they removed em in H3, I loved the Dragonflies and Behemoths.

Lets just hope our wishes will come trough...

velimiriu51
10-04-2008, 06:29 AM
usual races from H3 would be cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
but also those from H5 are good too(not much difference,exept in units).