PDA

View Full Version : win 98se

zander1962
10-11-2005, 04:04 PM
I installed MystV but cant get it to play. Error message reads.. msvcrt.dll file is linked to missing export NTDLL:RtlgetntVersionNumbers

Is there some way to get around this??

I'm on win98se.

Hope you can help. Thanks.
Zand

zander1962
10-11-2005, 04:04 PM
I installed MystV but cant get it to play. Error message reads.. msvcrt.dll file is linked to missing export NTDLL:RtlgetntVersionNumbers

Is there some way to get around this??

I'm on win98se.

Hope you can help. Thanks.
Zand

Mr Zebe D
10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I think the game is Windows 2000 / XP only, from what I can see on my box.

Heimdall_G
10-15-2005, 01:21 PM
zander,

Be aware that Myst V will run under Win 98SE. For details, see Myst V: System Requirements and Posting Guidelines (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/4941067943), one of the stickied topics at the top of this Forum. I've successfully completed the game - twice - on my Win 98SE machine!

If you didn't install EoA from a clean boot, try it.
-- a. Boot into normal Windows.
-- b. Uninstall EoA using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs.
----- 1. Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
----- 2. Look in the programs list for "Myst V End of Ages" and click on the listing to highlight it.
----- 3. Click on Add/Remove and follow the prompts.
-- c. Use Windows Explorer to delete *all* remaining Program Files EoA files and folders, if any. Look for C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds\Myst V End Of Ages and delete \Myst V End Of Ages.
-- d. Reboot.
-- e. Use Windows Explorer to search your C: drive for \temp and \tmp folders (click on Tools > Find > Files or Folders). Delete any files in these folders that aren't currently in use. Windows will complain if you try to delete anything that's in use.
-- f. Close all background applications and processes *EXCEPT FOR* Explorer and Systray.
----- 1. While holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys, press the Del key ONCE (twice reboots) to bring up the Close Program list.
----- 2. One at a time, click on an entry to highlight it, then click on End Task. Wait for the confirmation pop-up, and confirm that you want to close the process. (This may take about 10 seconds.) If the pop-up doesn't appear, the process may have been closed directly.
----- 3. Do Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc., as many times as it takes to close all of the applications and processes *EXCEPT FOR* Explorer and Systray.
-- g. Install EoA, accepting the install defaults.
-- h. Reboot.
-- i. Play EoA.

Especially if you've got only a software firewall, close your Internet connection before doing step f. An active Internet connection with no firewall is an open invitation to hackers!

Mr Zebe D
10-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry for the misinformation, Zander1962.