PDA

View Full Version : View problem

RPMcMurphy
01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't have trackIR, I wish I did, its coming, but for now I fly using conventional ways of looking around. For example: If I want to look left I use the left arrow, the coolyhat, or sometimes the mouse.

Is there a way to adjust how fast that look happens?

I mean when I hit that left arrow to look left the whole turning/looking process takes about 1 1/2 to 2 seconds. But, latley when I use the MOUSE to look, that proccess is almost instant. The mouse sensitivity is way too touchy and I dont know how to fix it.
The mouse is only way too sensitive in flight or in FMB 3D mode. Everywhere else it works normal.
Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Deedsundone
01-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Go to your Il2 folder and open up the config.ini(conf) (Make a backup of it first,just in case) and look for [HookView Config]The last line is the one you change for the looking speed.20 is pretty fast but experiment for your prefered setting.Just close the config.ini file to save it.

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
<span class="ev_code_RED">Speed=20</span>

Tully__
01-02-2009, 01:11 AM
What joystick are you using? Some of them have the option to use the POV hats as mouse input.

RPMcMurphy
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Tully__:
What joystick are you using? Some of them have the option to use the POV hats as mouse input.

I have a squeaky nine year old MS SW Precision Pro, but the problem has been solved anyway Tully. Aviar suggested the config file settings the same as Deedsundone did.
That is what worked.

Thanks guys. You rock.
My looking around is back to normal. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif