PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the Knigdom!

crash3
12-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Remember the Kingdom in between the cities in AC1? How amazing was that?!?!? It gave so much freedom and exploration oppurtunities, I think it would be a cool idea to bring it back, it would greatly enhance our experience of the AC universe, there could be random events/missions while you are on your way to a particlar city and there could be huge guard patrols (say 20 guards) that you either try to avoid or dare to take on.

Bringing back an equivalent of AC1's Kingdom in between the various cities you visit would give us so much more freedom

Who agrees?

JJTHoukes
12-19-2011, 07:39 AM
It's one of the things I disliked most about Assassin's Creed 1.
No, thank you.

eagleforlife1
12-19-2011, 07:42 AM
I'd prefer the way that it was in AC2 with th Tuscan cuntryside and the Apennine Mountains.

crash3
12-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
It's one of the things I disliked most about Assassin's Creed 1.
No, thank you.

Ye but in the game you could actually skip straight to the cities, so if you didnt like it then its no problem you dont have to ride through it

i thought the kingdom was brilliant, it gave us a better idea of life outside the city walls during that time period, it really added to the histoorical accuracy of the game

Clarth
12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
DAMN straight I want my KNIGDOM back, whatever the hell that is.

But I want it back!!!

I am the 0,99%!

Occupy Ubisoft forums!!

Protest and all that
Whine whine.

/end rage

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 08:01 AM
^ there really was no need for that post at all.

I agree, the kingdom was fun. Not sure how they would implement it with a new setting, but it would be interesting to have something similar. I enjoyed riding through the crusaders and saracens all preparing for war with eachother!

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I'd prefer the way that it was in AC2 with th Tuscan cuntryside and the Apennine Mountains.
Unfortunately one of the few things I loathed about ACII.

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 08:09 AM
The Apennine mountains were only good for the chariot chase because there was nothing else there :P the Tuscan countryside was nice though. It sounded and looked very Mediterranean. Plus, heading back into the city after the huge fight at the Villa Salviati was awesome.

Clarth
12-19-2011, 08:15 AM
I found the Kingdom one of the most boring places in the entire AC 1 game.

Words cannot describe the sheer horror I had every time I was forced to plow through that garbage.

Realism?

Are you serious?
You think riding on horseback from Acre to Jerusalem is possible in 10 minutes?

Originally posted by crash3:
i thought the kingdom was brilliant, it gave us a better idea of life outside the city walls during that time period, it really added to the histoorical accuracy of the game

?_? ?_? ?_? ?_? ?_?

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I only liked Venice & Florence. I just prefer one big open City.

The countryside & Forli, etc. was a pain for 2 reasons,
1) I somehow missed one Codex page and had to travel the map to find it.
Since I had to hunt it down, 2) I had to go to each Viewpoint in every map to make sure I could see if it was there and it drove me nuts.

Just not partial to it.

Realism?

Are you serious?

I have to hope these games don't turn to Realism to the extent that I see some things micro analyzed.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Tbh yes, it was pretty big! I only went there for missions and view points, but I did find it enjoyable for the missions.

Regarding the Kingdom: You didn't HAVE to go through it.

Clarth
12-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Regarding the Kingdom: You didn't HAVE to go through it.

yes you did

the first few times they forced you to go through it.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Does anybody have a vid link to this area you're talking about? Like a walkthru where someone's going thru it? Is it a city?
Sorry to be ignorant about it but . .

Clarth
12-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Does anybody have a vid link to this area you're talking about? Like a walkthru where someone's going thru it? Is it a city?
Sorry to be ignorant about it but . .

Imagine yourself an endless stretch of bad map design and horrible house textures.

All in desert sand.

Endless and linear.

Looks almost like a Mario kart map.

For your viewing convenience:

THE HORROR, THE HORROR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qkHzh8hsQ)

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Looks almost like a Mario kart map.

For you viewing convenience:

THE HORROR, THE HORROR

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif mario kart

Ok so you have to keep slowing down on the way to a city bcuz guards along the route get suspicious?

Have to pause it & run the recycles out - forgot. bbs

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 08:59 AM
They are in the middle of a war, so they're all on high alert. You can go past them in high profile if you like, as long as you don't sprint/gallop. The slightest disturbance and they're all on top of you! Even when blending, archers can spot you too, so you often get into a big scuffle with Crusader men-at-arms.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
They are in the middle of a war, so they're all on high alert. You can go past them in high profile if you like, as long as you don't sprint/gallop. The slightest disturbance and they're all on top of you! Even when blending, archers can spot you too, so you often get into a big scuffle with Crusader men-at-arms.

Ok thanks.
Well if it's an area you do have to frequent to get around, then I think that would get annoying the longer the game went on. Just something to consume time when I want to be somewhere else.

In ACII I used Fast Travel constantly to avoid all of it.

At least at midpoint of the game they should pull the guards just for your sanity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

crash3
12-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Ok thanks.
Well if it's an area you do have to frequent to get around, then I think that would get annoying the longer the game went on. Just something to consume time when I want to be somewhere else.

At least at midpoint of the game they should pull the guards just for your sanity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesnt have to be compulsory to go through, it would just be good to have back as an optional thing

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Ok thanks.

At least at midpoint of the game they should pull the guards just for your sanity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesnt have to be compulsory to go through, it would just be good to have back as an optional thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's Optional & doesn't have a load of Viewpoints you need to do . . I have less of a problem with that.
It's a compromise that I'm good with. Just like other stuff others don't like can be avoided, but not take things away from those who do like them.

I like to be given choices & I think AC needs should consider implementing that into the game.

LightRey
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Imo The Kingdom was just a boring, confined, empty free roam space which didn't even offer good places to freerun.

It's also only optional after the first few sequences, so you're forced to go through it at least 4 times (also counting riding to Arsuf).

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I really liked it. It was like another city all of its own and more spread out.
I was REALLY glad to have it after game completion, all the guard areas and forts were great for replay, there was a lot of discovery there.
Good horse free roam. Better than bringing the horses in city. I'd be happy for something like it to return, with all the horse mechanics from B.

Sarari
12-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I didn't see the downside of the Kingdom. If you didn't like it you could simply skip it. I personally loved the kingdom. I'm more of the exploring person.

If they do add it they should make it a choice whether you want to ride in there or not at the very beginning.

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
It had some great scenery too.

dxsxhxcx
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't mind something like that back as long as they add something for us to do there other than just free roam and collect flags, IMO that would be a nice place to have some random events/side missions...

rileypoole1234
12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I liked it. No need to get so whiny if you didn't.

Sarari
12-19-2011, 06:19 PM
They should've added people being attacked by bandits in the kingdom.

SixKeys
12-19-2011, 08:59 PM
I never skip the Kingdom when I'm replaying AC1, even when I've already been to all the cities. I love all the different routes you can take, just riding around, listening to the music and taking in the atmosphere. I liked the Apennine mountains in AC2 for the same reason (except there was only one path you could take). A game doesn't need to be all constant bandit attacks and other random events for me to enjoy it, as long as the atmosphere is enjoyable.

Animuses
12-19-2011, 11:44 PM
I liked the kingdom, but it was so useless; it offered nothing. If there were a few missions there, then I would not have a problem with it.

luckyto
12-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

See, I disliked the Appenine Mountains totally. It was linear tunnel.

I loved the Kingdom, though I do sympathize with people who dreaded going through it. There were times I wanted to get straight to a city. Fast Travel would fix that. As for pure free roaming, the Kingdom was great and it gave you a sense of journey between one city to another.

A game doesn't need to be all constant bandit attacks and other random events for me to enjoy it, as long as the atmosphere is enjoyable.

Atmosphere is HUGE. Amen.