PDA

View Full Version : Waste torpedo on small ship?

WereSnowleopard
05-21-2005, 09:17 AM

WereSnowleopard
05-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Many time when I got contact, make a plot to catch it up then turn out it was coastal merchant with 70 renowns. SH3, we can igrone and go look for bigger ship with high renown. In real life, will captain get in trouble for igrone smaller ships? Do you still waste torpedo on small ship? I will use deckgun in good weather but prefer save ammo for sunking the wounded big ship.

Jose.MaC
05-21-2005, 10:31 AM
It depends. If I can man the deck gun, I'll shot against it. Is a way to simulate stoping and sinking a ship.

But if is stormy, I'll send a nice torpedo to him! Greetings from the Reich!

Praetorian_Elite
05-21-2005, 10:40 AM
I'll use the deckgun on such a small ship, that is, if the weather is good. If the weather is bad, i'll still sink it with a torpedo. The only ship I won't bother with a torpedo is a fishing boat.

Jose.MaC
05-21-2005, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Praetorian_Elite:
... The only ship I won't bother with a torpedo is a fishing boat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely agree!

jbacon69
05-21-2005, 11:04 AM
If im running low on fuel or on my way back to port and i run into that fish boat its getting turned into cat food http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"But sir I honestly couldn't see that the torp was being fired at three guys in a row boat."

twistedpretzel
05-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Only once did i use a torpedo on a small ship, just for ****s and giggles, it was an elco, and i still havent found where exactly it sunk after it flew into the air.

Maj_Solo
05-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Never on the way out since you might come across a convoy later, but to increase efficency I always RTB early with one or two torps left counting on these lone merchants on the way back, half the time I come back empty cause I got the chance to shoot those last torps, and by turning back early I saved days game time.

Astaldo711
05-21-2005, 07:15 PM
As far as I'm concerned, any enemy ship should be destroyed. Every ton denied the enemy is a good thing.

Twelvefield
05-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Who dares, wins.