PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find things like Races highly frustrating?

No1_Assassin
11-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I like the idea that you can free run into anything and you'll automatically grab it or jump, makes running away from guards far easier, however for races it becomes the biggest pain in the **** in the game, especially with the ridiculously short times you get to go from one place to another and no real direction to the next place.

Have to say, things like Races, Glyphs and Assassination Contracts bring this games score down big time. Also I think there's far too many treasures in this game too. I've bought pretty much everything in the game and i've got unlimited amounts of money just lying around (and still building).

The gameplay becomes highly repetitive too. I think the games great until you get to Venice, then it just becomes boring.

I sincerely hope Assassins Creed 3 utilises more aspects from Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell. The Assassin's tombs are great to find and has a POP feel to it, but the stealth aspect is non existant. Enemies have a tendency to notice you even when they're looking away and requires you to quickly dispatch them just as they turn around to raise an alert.

7/10. Hopefully the next one does this series justice.

Silhouelle
11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Only thing I found frustrating was the mission you use the flying machine. Personally I love the races, so long as you use the minimap for the general direction to your next checkpoint, most of them are easy.

bladencrowd
11-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Just use your mini-map and make you you use horses when you can see them. Not hard at all.

spartans95
11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
One or two races in the cities are frustrating but I thought the assassination contracts were quite good. Instead of having loads of little things to do you just get straight to the point. Literally.